Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

Lux 2.0 TSI 4Drive Petrol

14K views 46 replies 15 participants last post by  n16njs 
#1 ·
This engine appears to have been removed from Seat`s online configurator. It cannot be selected as an option. Anyone know why ?

#3 ·
I ordered 2.0 tsi 4 drive 16 weeks ago today.I havnt been given a build date yet.Starting to get annoyed by Seat. They have not phoned me once to let me no what's going on very poor Service. I emailed Seat Uk before Xmas they told me there were no delays on that model only difference was Dealer told me 12-16 weeks Seat UK said 24 weeks. I think I'll cancel and get my deposit back

#4 ·
Having waited the bulk of the time and with 8 weeks to go you might want to hang on as you'll have one of the last 2.0L which may help it's resale value in the future.

#5 ·
The long wait time is a concern. My dealer is adamant that my order will be 12-14 weeks. I phoned him today and asked why the 4wd TSI 2.0 had been removed from the configurator and he did not know that it had. He phoned Seat and they said that particular engine is having an update , something to do with emissions, and it`s removal is only temporary and it will be back. Hopefully soon, but who knows....

#6 ·
Paul.Cambs said:
Having waited the bulk of the time and with 8 weeks to go you might want to hang on as you'll have one of the last 2.0L which may help it's resale value in the future.
I think this is a good point. I purchased my 2.0TDI 190PS 4Drive Ateca back in July and its estimated resale value (trade and private) on Autotrader has been slowly increasing since then (it currently says it's worth more part ex than I paid for it 6 months ago!). I'm assuming it's perhaps a combination of demand, lower than expected mileage etc. but also that the 190PS diesel engine is no longer available. There's only ever 1 or 2 on autotrader, so it seems to be a rare engine to get hold of.

#7 ·
I placed my order for an Xperience Lux 2.0 TSI on the 8th December through Lex Autolease..... speaking to them, SEAT are apparently testing that engine against the new emission regs that came in on the 1st Jan. There may be a delay due to this. Was initally told March for delivery.... who knows now!

#8 ·
My order/enquiry into the Lux 2.0 TSI 4Drive has ended and I am now looking at the Lux 1.5 TSI 2wd. I am dissapointed but 4wd is not really essential. No plan to off road but I get very nervous in winter when it snows. What are these Ateca`s like in the snow? Do the 19 inch wheels help? At least I`ll save a few bob and likely get it in the next fortnight as against 3-6 months with a factory build!

#9 ·
Althered said:
My order/enquiry into the Lux 2.0 TSI 4Drive has ended and I am now looking at the Lux 1.5 TSI 2wd. I am dissapointed but 4wd is not really essential. No plan to off road but I get very nervous in winter when it snows. What are these Ateca`s like in the snow? Do the 19 inch wheels help? At least I`ll save a few bob and likely get it in the next fortnight as against 3-6 months with a factory build!
If you're going to be driving in the snow.... then a smaller wheel is better. Although it sounds odd, a narrower winter tyre will give much better traction than say a 19" low profile. I'd consider having a set of winter wheels/tyres if I was going to be doing alot of driving in snowy or icy conditions.

#11 ·
Spoke to my Seat dealer on Thursday emissions problem I took from conversation. So removed temporarily I think while sorted. He promised to phone me every Thursday now to keep me updated. March delivery earliest. I'll post information I'm given incase it helps someone else🤞

#13 ·
I've just had email Seat UK my Seat Ateca Xperience Lux 2.0tsi 4drive being built week 16 commencing 19th April told 2-3weeks to get to my Seat Dealer. SO Middle to end of May.Placed order 8th October 2020, 8 months I wasn't told that. Don't no what to say really

#14 ·
n16njs Interesting. I had a message from SEAT today informing me that the 2L TSI will commence production this quarter of 2021 and that I should be able to get one when my PCP ends in June. I hope so. I love mine!

#15 ·
I get my new Ateca Experience Lux 1.5 TSI on Monday 1st FEB. Really quite excited. I am a bit pissed that I could not get the 4wd in a reasonable time frame ,but at least I do not have the long wait time. It is also considerably cheaper. Dark camouflage was not my fave colour but it will have to do.....

#16 ·
Dealer didn't call me as promised,weekly call keep me up to date . Direct email Seat UK answered within an hour. I've never understood Car Dealers. Customer service never been very good with most.Only one I've ever had good Service with Toyota

#18 ·
I understand your point regarding used. Indeed I used to do just that, but my experience is that they can have issues or history. Also if you buy a 1 or 2 year old car you've got to ask your self why the car was sold at such a young age i.e what was wrong with it? I do agree that you can save money.

#20 ·
Althered said:
Johnny B said:
Althered said:
I dont see too much snow, just being a soft arse really :D
And then it snowed.....!! ;)
YES ! And guess what, my new car was delivered the night before and I had to drive to work in a blizzard :?
Haha.... ah well! I'm sure it coped fine!!

I just spoke with SEAT UK. It's an 18 week lead time for the Ateca with the 2.0 TSI. So should have it around the 1st or 2nd week of April.

#21 ·
I had a new car on order back in 2017, let down by dealer so bought a 3 month old car ex sales director from another Seat dealership. Saved about 8k and covered less than 2.5k miles.

#22 ·
I have to say the EA888 2.0 TSI engine is a cracking engine. I traded in a car with the same base engine, a 2.0 Polo GTI for my current 2.0 TSI Ateca Xcellence Lux. I've been mightily impressed with it in both applications. It will be well worth waiting for. ;)

#23 ·
Latest News Dealer phoned Thursday he told me definite week 9 1st March build date not week 16 that Seat UK told me.Hopefully end of March now not May.Completely confused by different information. Anyway great if it does come earlier something to look forward to.

#24 ·
n16njs said:
Latest News Dealer phoned Thursday he told me definite week 9 1st March build date not week 16 that Seat UK told me.Hopefully end of March now not May.Completely confused by different information. Anyway great if it does come earlier something to look forward to.
That's great news. The engine is still not on the configurator but I'll keep looking.

#25 ·
I looked on Seat site concerning 2.0 TSI it's showing when you look at Ateca on first screen it's only when you go into configuration engine doesn't show. They haven't said they're stopping making that engine it's very popular across whole VAG Group.

#26 ·
n16njs said:
I looked on Seat site concerning 2.0 TSI it's showing when you look at Ateca on first screen it's only when you go into configuration engine doesn't show. They haven't said they're stopping making that engine it's very popular across whole VAG Group.
Its not that they've stopped making it, rather that it has to be re-tested to get approval, so it should be available soon ...... I hope!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.