Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

Seat Ateca Xperience DSG 2020 facelift query

23K views 87 replies 12 participants last post by  davidjtaylor 
#1 ·
Hi I'm hoping there is someone here who can advise in some issues I'm experiencing.

I have recently taken possession of my new Seat Ateca Xperiance (facelift 2020) 1.5 DSG, lava blue.
I do love the car, so much better than my previous Seat Arona.

There are some issues for which I'm hoping someone on here can advise.
I ordered the Xeperience trim, which according to the Seat website and literature included Predictive Adaptive Cruise Control.
The vehicle I received only appears to have adaptive cruise control, despite being part of the September 2020 facelift.
The button on the steering wheel accesses the assistance menu, there is no setting operating the predictive part of the system (telling it to look for sides and road layout) equally the Ateca head unit offers no other information either.

Can anyone shed any light on why my Xcellence 2020 does not include the predictive adaptive cruise control feature that the trim is advertised as having.

Secondly the user manual states the boot floor has a high and low level, with a plastic handle. On mine there is only a single level with what I can best be described as a "hole" cut into the carpet to assist with lifting out the floor. There is nothing in the manual about this configuration.

If anyone can offer some advise or insight into these issues I'd be very grateful, especially those who have my model/year/trim or indeed later.

Thanks in advance

David

See less See more
#2 ·
Like every brochure ever produced, there will be a caveat "E&OE", Errors and Omissions Excepted. Manufacturers/importers often change the specs for a given region unfortunately, and sometimes you miss out on something you thought you'd get.

#3 ·
Thanks fir your reply and I do appreciate what you say. However my question relates to UK specification. All literature and Seat website states the Ateca Xperiance does indeed have predictive adaptive cruise control.
Is there anyone who can confirm they actually do have this on their vehicle?

Thanks.

David.

#4 ·
I love the ACC on my Ateca, but the thought of it adjusting the speed for bends and road signs or speed limits appals me. If I had it, I would disable it and stick to the normal system. Sometimes I think that the latest technology is going over the top. Often it is only fitted to improve their NCAP ratings or in the case of things like Start Stop just for a tiny improvements in the CO2 emissions.

#5 ·
Thanks for your reply but I was hoping for some advice from someone who has this function on their vehicle.
My car, the car I ordered should have it, but does not. The promotional material, website, literature since the launch of the 2020 facelift says it should have it. Mine is the 2020 facelift model and therefore should.
This is why I was asking others with the same car if they did indeed have this function, and if so what button/menu activates this. More as a double confirmation really? That's the advice I was hoping for.

David.

#6 ·
Thanks for your reply but I was hoping for some advice from someone who has this function on their vehicle.
My car, the car I ordered should have it, but does not. The promotional material, website, literature since the launch of the 2020 facelift says it should have it. Mine is the 2020 facelift model and therefore should.
This is why I was asking others with the same car if they did indeed have this function, and if so what button/menu activates this. More as a double confirmation really? That's the advice I was hoping for.

David.

#7 ·
davidjtaylor said:

David.
Hi, I have the Xperience Lux model and it has the adaptive cruise control by reading the speed limit signs, I do not use this feature as I think is poorly designed as when moving from a 70mph to 60mph on a motorway the car just slams on the brakes instead of gradually slowing. However, as you say this feature should be on your car model. The only thing I can say is on the assistance menu on the Virtual cockpit when I click on the ACC, it opens a sub menu which gives me the option to turn on and off 'limiter' setting. This limiter is the adaptive feature that slows or speeds up when it reads road signs. I know your model will have a slightly different layout due to the analogy cockpit but try and look in the assistance menu for the limiter setting as that is what you will be looking for.

#8 ·
Hi thanks so much fir your reply. I do appreciate that there are a number of opinions with the validity of these "assistance features" I think it's either a love or hate (although the design as you point out could vastly influence people thinking)
I merely wanted to know if this vehicle, my Xperiance model did have this feature as the promo material says it had. It is more a case of getting what I'm paying despite anything else, I had a long conversation with the dealer prior to purchase and he assured me the litterateur was correct, this is my a needed to know.
As to your reply , yes my car is the analogue type, it does have the assistance menu as you refer, but only to turn the ACC or speed limiter on or off, not both together as the same time, which it more like my Arona set up (normal Acc) from what I can gather is the Assistance, ACC menu should have the two further options you describe, to rake into account road signs and/or road layout.
I've been in communications with SEAT and the answer is rather confused. The thinking is the new facelift Ateca was released in September 21. The user manual on release made no mention of predictive adaptive cruise control (that is the release manual) there was another version printed in November, which did make referance to that feature. This needs confirmation but my model was October 21. The thinking being that only models post November finally had the feature that was advertised at launch.

Thanks for your reply, I found it most helpful.

David.

#11 ·
Hi I am new to the forum having purchased a facelift Seat Ateca Experience Lux 1.5 EVO new in Jan 2021. It was a stock vehicle and had virtually everything I needed except I did purchase the spare wheel as an option when I ordered the car.
I too am coming to the conclusion that Predictive ACC was not part of the spec of the Experience models at the time of release of the facelift version.
My vehicle was probably built in Sept/Oct 2020 and there is no reference to predictive ACC in the digital cockpit or head unit settings, just the acc and speed limit.
I have also found that there were two versions of the spec and price list dated October 2020. The earlier version states 'adaptive cruise control' for the Experience versions whereas the later (i assume) version states 'predictive adaptive cruise control'.
Like other contributors to this thread I'm coming to the conclusion that my Experience Lux is an early facelift build and doesn't have predictive acc.
Not sure how disappointed I should be yet because I haven't had the chance to use the car on a long journey. However I'm more interested in getting what I thought I was paying for as there was no mention of my car not having this feature at handover (albeit under lockdown conditions) by the dealer.

#12 ·
Dsg or not to Dsg?
But at what price?
Plus do dsg cost more to service?

Currently 2018 Excellence, considering 2021 SE+ as SE spec now has better spec, full led and rev camera but 3.7k less than Xp, can live wo leather seats.

I've always driven manuals and like them. But knowing auto is the future a Dsg would be nice.
Easier 0-100 and heavy traffic shuffling 10m hops.

In Ireland, due to additional Vrt tax, SE+ comes to about 35k. Adding Dsg cost +€3.7k.
Whereas UK to add Dsg is +£1.75k.
Would UK drivers still do Dsg if that was the price difference?

I don't believe is all govt tax tho. As VW only charge +1.7 for dsg on tiguan and golfs.

#13 ·
ibudde said:
Hi I am new to the forum having purchased a facelift Seat Ateca Experience Lux 1.5 EVO new in Jan 2021. It was a stock vehicle and had virtually everything I needed except I did purchase the spare wheel as an option when I ordered the car.
I too am coming to the conclusion that Predictive ACC was not part of the spec of the Experience models at the time of release of the facelift version.
My vehicle was probably built in Sept/Oct 2020 and there is no reference to predictive ACC in the digital cockpit or head unit settings, just the acc and speed limit.
I have also found that there were two versions of the spec and price list dated October 2020. The earlier version states 'adaptive cruise control' for the Experience versions whereas the later (i assume) version states 'predictive adaptive cruise control'.
Like other contributors to this thread I'm coming to the conclusion that my Experience Lux is an early facelift build and doesn't have predictive acc.
Not sure how disappointed I should be yet because I haven't had the chance to use the car on a long journey. However I'm more interested in getting what I thought I was paying for as there was no mention of my car not having this feature at handover (albeit under lockdown conditions) by the dealer.
Same here purchased my facelift Xperience Lux 1.5tsi this March, however the car was built in the first week of September. I can't see predictive ACC on mine either. May be we are unlucky that the early built of the facelift versions has missed this feature. Do we complain to Seat?

#14 ·
Personally I would complain about not having Predictive adaptive cruise control. If when you ordered vehicle it was advertised then its false advertising if its not on your vehicle. Compensation at least or reject vehicle. Personally I've ordered a vehicle with this feature but doubt if I'd use it much.

#15 ·
n16njs said:
Personally I would complain about not having Predictive adaptive cruise control. If when you ordered vehicle it was advertised then its false advertising if its not on your vehicle. Compensation at least or reject vehicle. Personally I've ordered a vehicle with this feature but doubt if I'd use it much.
I don't know if I can reject the vehicle however I am going to make a complaint and see what they are going to say.

#16 ·
n16njs said:
Thanks for the replies. I don't want to reject the car on this basis, but I will take it up with Seat to see if I can get some compensation.

#19 ·
Hello, yes I heard back from SEAT and after some initial confusion (they insisted i did have pACC) however on pointing out there are 2 versions of the manual, August (pre September launch version) and a November edition. It seems there was a slight upgrade to the ACC system from November which now included pACC. Here's what I get back from SEAT:
quote:

After further contact with our product team, it seems what you thought was correct.

Within the same model year, there was a slight change to the model which means that while the brand new Ateca if you were to order one now for example would contain predictive ACC, your vehicle was built prior to this update, so it instead has ACC, which may be more in line with the slightly older manual. I apologise for any confusion caused so far, I hope this clears it up.

If you require any further assistance, please feel free to contact us on the details below.

Thank you for contacting SEAT UK.

Hope this helps everyone who has asked about this too.

David

#20 ·
davidjtaylor said:
Hello, yes I heard back from SEAT and after some initial confusion (they insisted i did have pACC) however on pointing out there are 2 versions of the manual, August (pre September launch version) and a November edition. It seems there was a slight upgrade to the ACC system from November which now included pACC. Here's what I get back from SEAT:
quote:

After further contact with our product team, it seems what you thought was correct.

Within the same model year, there was a slight change to the model which means that while the brand new Ateca if you were to order one now for example would contain predictive ACC, your vehicle was built prior to this update, so it instead has ACC, which may be more in line with the slightly older manual. I apologise for any confusion caused so far, I hope this clears it up.

If you require any further assistance, please feel free to contact us on the details below.

David
That's pants. What if we ordered based on the existing spec sheet and had a car built prior to this update. Are seat going to compensate for having a car with one less feature for the same price ?

#21 ·
As I have said before, predictive ACC is a disaster looking to happen. Just think yourself lucky that you have avoided it. As for what you ordered vs what it said in the brochure, there is always a statement that specifications can change without notice.

#22 ·
That is just one opinion, I'm perfectly at ease with the new wave of semi-autonomous features coming to our cars. Plus if it does not work for you, fine, it can always be turned off. As for the what you ordered argument, well when your paying 28K plus I want what I ordered and what was promised to me. Yes brochures change or are amended, but if a feature is a major highlight of a spec I expect it to be there. That's my take on this.

#23 ·
The brochure will have "E&OE" in it. Errors and Omissions Excepted. You will be (understandably) be annoyed, but as one out of 10's of thousands you don't matter. And the dealer is at the mercy of SEAT, they have no influence whatsoever.

On a personal note, whilst I like ACC, I loathe with a passion lane assist that tugs at the wheel as I go around the long curve on a dual carriageway I daily negotiate. And I can't imagine what PACC woud be like, but as and when I get ACC added to my car, I thik I'll pass on the PACC upgrade.

#24 ·
Thanks for the reply. My best answer to that however would each to their own. Personally I have not had any issues with lane assist.
As for E&O, this this is true, but in reality is a blanket legal protection employed by most companies. However there is also trade descriptions, ie a product should be as described. Obviously there is a sliding scale on the importance of vehicles, but if something is widely advertised in promotional material it really should be there. As others here have said £28k+ is a lot of money and maybe SEAT should care, the motor industry has a lot of competition, customers should matter.

#25 ·
davidjtaylor said:
Thanks for the reply. My best answer to that however would each to their own. Personally I have not had any issues with lane assist.
As for E&O, this this is true, but in reality is a blanket legal protection employed by most companies. However there is also trade descriptions, ie a product should be as described. Obviously there is a sliding scale on the importance of vehicles, but if something is widely advertised in promotional material it really should be there. As others here have said £28k+ is a lot of money and maybe SEAT should care, the motor industry has a lot of competition, customers should matter.
Agree with you. Are you going to raise a formal complaint with Seat for this ? I have formally raised the complaint with Seat but haven't heard back from them. I don't think dealer could do anything here, so raised directly with Seat. Let's see what they going to say. Knowing Seat customer service I don't think we are going to get anywhere with them.

#26 ·
davidjtaylor said:
quote:

David
By my count thats at least three of us on this forum who have been caught out.
I shall also be writing to Seat more from the satisfaction of doing something than in the expectation that they are actually going to do anything by way of compensation.
I agree with others that the question of how good or bad PACC is, is irrelevant.
What is more relevant is the fact that we have purchased cars in good faith based on the information shown on the website and the spec and price list at the time of purchase (Dec 2020 in my case).
We have no way of knowing the build date of our cars at the time of purchase and the car we have is not as described in the literature at the time of purchase. I was not made aware of any changes in specification between the launch of the facelift version and the date of purchase.
It was only by chance that I found two versions of the Oct 2020 spec and price list where ACC was mentioned in the earlier version and PACC in the later version.
I've had numerous new cars over the past 40 odd years of driving and have never come across this situation before.
I will be interested to have Seat's view for my own satisfaction.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.