Seat Ateca Xperience DSG 2020 facelift query

All Seat Ateca related discussions
davidjtaylor

Seat Ateca Xperience DSG 2020 facelift query

Post by davidjtaylor » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:04 pm

Hi I’m hoping there is someone here who can advise in some issues I’m experiencing.

I have recently taken possession of my new Seat Ateca Xperiance (facelift 2020) 1.5 DSG, lava blue.
I do love the car, so much better than my previous Seat Arona.

There are some issues for which I’m hoping someone on here can advise.
I ordered the Xeperience trim, which according to the Seat website and literature included Predictive Adaptive Cruise Control.
The vehicle I received only appears to have adaptive cruise control, despite being part of the September 2020 facelift.
The button on the steering wheel accesses the assistance menu, there is no setting operating the predictive part of the system (telling it to look for sides and road layout) equally the Ateca head unit offers no other information either.

Can anyone shed any light on why my Xcellence 2020 does not include the predictive adaptive cruise control feature that the trim is advertised as having.

Secondly the user manual states the boot floor has a high and low level, with a plastic handle. On mine there is only a single level with what I can best be described as a “hole” cut into the carpet to assist with lifting out the floor. There is nothing in the manual about this configuration.

If anyone can offer some advise or insight into these issues I’d be very grateful, especially those who have my model/year/trim or indeed later.

Thanks in advance

David

rafletcher

Re: Seat Ateca Xperience DSG 2020 facelift query

Post by rafletcher » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:15 pm

Like every brochure ever produced, there will be a caveat "E&OE", Errors and Omissions Excepted. Manufacturers/importers often change the specs for a given region unfortunately, and sometimes you miss out on something you thought you'd get.
2020 Cupra Ateca Limited Edition - Rhodium Grey, Petrol Alcantara, Brembo discs.

davidjtaylor

Post by davidjtaylor » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:30 pm

Thanks fir your reply and I do appreciate what you say. However my question relates to UK specification. All literature and Seat website states the Ateca Xperiance does indeed have predictive adaptive cruise control.
Is there anyone who can confirm they actually do have this on their vehicle?

Thanks.

David.

Fred99

Post by Fred99 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:24 pm

I love the ACC on my Ateca, but the thought of it adjusting the speed for bends and road signs or speed limits appals me. If I had it, I would disable it and stick to the normal system. Sometimes I think that the latest technology is going over the top. Often it is only fitted to improve their NCAP ratings or in the case of things like Start Stop just for a tiny improvements in the CO2 emissions.
1.4TSI DSG Xcellence delivered 2/3/17 after 6 months wait. Brilliant Silver. 18" machined alloys. Park Assist. 360º cameras. Power boot. All driver assists. Alcantara. SEAT sound.

davidjtaylor

Post by davidjtaylor » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:21 pm

Thanks for your reply but I was hoping for some advice from someone who has this function on their vehicle.
My car, the car I ordered should have it, but does not. The promotional material, website, literature since the launch of the 2020 facelift says it should have it. Mine is the 2020 facelift model and therefore should.
This is why I was asking others with the same car if they did indeed have this function, and if so what button/menu activates this. More as a double confirmation really? That’s the advice I was hoping for.

David.

davidjtaylor

Post by davidjtaylor » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:21 pm

Thanks for your reply but I was hoping for some advice from someone who has this function on their vehicle.
My car, the car I ordered should have it, but does not. The promotional material, website, literature since the launch of the 2020 facelift says it should have it. Mine is the 2020 facelift model and therefore should.
This is why I was asking others with the same car if they did indeed have this function, and if so what button/menu activates this. More as a double confirmation really? That’s the advice I was hoping for.

David.

iScoTT29

Post by iScoTT29 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:55 am

davidjtaylor wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:21 pm

David.
Hi, I have the Xperience Lux model and it has the adaptive cruise control by reading the speed limit signs, I do not use this feature as I think is poorly designed as when moving from a 70mph to 60mph on a motorway the car just slams on the brakes instead of gradually slowing. However, as you say this feature should be on your car model. The only thing I can say is on the assistance menu on the Virtual cockpit when I click on the ACC, it opens a sub menu which gives me the option to turn on and off 'limiter' setting. This limiter is the adaptive feature that slows or speeds up when it reads road signs. I know your model will have a slightly different layout due to the analogy cockpit but try and look in the assistance menu for the limiter setting as that is what you will be looking for.

davidjtaylor

Post by davidjtaylor » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:18 pm

Hi thanks so much fir your reply. I do appreciate that there are a number of opinions with the validity of these “assistance features” I think it’s either a love or hate (although the design as you point out could vastly influence people thinking)
I merely wanted to know if this vehicle, my Xperiance model did have this feature as the promo material says it had. It is more a case of getting what I’m paying despite anything else, I had a long conversation with the dealer prior to purchase and he assured me the litterateur was correct, this is my a needed to know.
As to your reply , yes my car is the analogue type, it does have the assistance menu as you refer, but only to turn the ACC or speed limiter on or off, not both together as the same time, which it more like my Arona set up (normal Acc) from what I can gather is the Assistance, ACC menu should have the two further options you describe, to rake into account road signs and/or road layout.
I’ve been in communications with SEAT and the answer is rather confused. The thinking is the new facelift Ateca was released in September 21. The user manual on release made no mention of predictive adaptive cruise control (that is the release manual) there was another version printed in November, which did make referance to that feature. This needs confirmation but my model was October 21. The thinking being that only models post November finally had the feature that was advertised at launch.

Thanks for your reply, I found it most helpful.

David.

Andy4d

Post by Andy4d » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:23 am

Did you get an answer re the floor. The double floor level was an extra for my ateca and not standard.
Ateca 2.0 TDi xperience previously 1.6 TDi xcellence,

davidjtaylor

Post by davidjtaylor » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:19 am

I did get an answer but it was a rather unhelpful one. Just referred me to look at the manual as how to operate the “double boot” floor - which I don’t have?!
I don’t think they read my question at all.