Seat Ateca Xperience DSG 2020 facelift query

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Fred99

Re: Seat Ateca Xperience DSG 2020 facelift query

Post by Fred99 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:00 pm

As I have said before, predictive ACC is a disaster looking to happen. Just think yourself lucky that you have avoided it. As for what you ordered vs what it said in the brochure, there is always a statement that specifications can change without notice.
1.4TSI DSG Xcellence delivered 2/3/17 after 6 months wait. Brilliant Silver. 18" machined alloys. Park Assist. 360º cameras. Power boot. All driver assists. Alcantara. SEAT sound.

davidjtaylor

Post by davidjtaylor » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:43 am

That is just one opinion, I’m perfectly at ease with the new wave of semi-autonomous features coming to our cars. Plus if it does not work for you, fine, it can always be turned off. As for the what you ordered argument, well when your paying 28K plus I want what I ordered and what was promised to me. Yes brochures change or are amended, but if a feature is a major highlight of a spec I expect it to be there. That’s my take on this.

rafletcher

Post by rafletcher » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:15 am

The brochure will have "E&OE" in it. Errors and Omissions Excepted. You will be (understandably) be annoyed, but as one out of 10's of thousands you don't matter. And the dealer is at the mercy of SEAT, they have no influence whatsoever.

On a personal note, whilst I like ACC, I loathe with a passion lane assist that tugs at the wheel as I go around the long curve on a dual carriageway I daily negotiate. And I can't imagine what PACC woud be like, but as and when I get ACC added to my car, I thik I'll pass on the PACC upgrade.
2020 Cupra Ateca Limited Edition - Rhodium Grey, Petrol Alcantara, Brembo discs.

davidjtaylor

Post by davidjtaylor » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:53 am

Thanks for the reply. My best answer to that however would each to their own. Personally I have not had any issues with lane assist.
As for E&O, this this is true, but in reality is a blanket legal protection employed by most companies. However there is also trade descriptions, ie a product should be as described. Obviously there is a sliding scale on the importance of vehicles, but if something is widely advertised in promotional material it really should be there. As others here have said £28k+ is a lot of money and maybe SEAT should care, the motor industry has a lot of competition, customers should matter.

DELLFAN

Post by DELLFAN » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:36 pm

davidjtaylor wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:53 am
Thanks for the reply. My best answer to that however would each to their own. Personally I have not had any issues with lane assist.
As for E&O, this this is true, but in reality is a blanket legal protection employed by most companies. However there is also trade descriptions, ie a product should be as described. Obviously there is a sliding scale on the importance of vehicles, but if something is widely advertised in promotional material it really should be there. As others here have said £28k+ is a lot of money and maybe SEAT should care, the motor industry has a lot of competition, customers should matter.
Agree with you. Are you going to raise a formal complaint with Seat for this ? I have formally raised the complaint with Seat but haven't heard back from them. I don't think dealer could do anything here, so raised directly with Seat. Let's see what they going to say. Knowing Seat customer service I don't think we are going to get anywhere with them.
Xperience Lux 1.5TSI in Lava Blue.

ibudde

Post by ibudde » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:45 pm

davidjtaylor wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:06 am
Hello, yes I heard back from SEAT and after some initial confusion (they insisted i did have pACC) however on pointing out there are 2 versions of the manual, August (pre September launch version) and a November edition. It seems there was a slight upgrade to the ACC system from November which now included pACC. Here’s what I get back from SEAT:
quote:

After further contact with our product team, it seems what you thought was correct.

Within the same model year, there was a slight change to the model which means that while the brand new Ateca if you were to order one now for example would contain predictive ACC, your vehicle was built prior to this update, so it instead has ACC, which may be more in line with the slightly older manual. I apologise for any confusion caused so far, I hope this clears it up.

If you require any further assistance, please feel free to contact us on the details below.

Thank you for contacting SEAT UK.

Hope this helps everyone who has asked about this too.

David
By my count thats at least three of us on this forum who have been caught out.
I shall also be writing to Seat more from the satisfaction of doing something than in the expectation that they are actually going to do anything by way of compensation.
I agree with others that the question of how good or bad PACC is, is irrelevant.
What is more relevant is the fact that we have purchased cars in good faith based on the information shown on the website and the spec and price list at the time of purchase (Dec 2020 in my case).
We have no way of knowing the build date of our cars at the time of purchase and the car we have is not as described in the literature at the time of purchase. I was not made aware of any changes in specification between the launch of the facelift version and the date of purchase.
It was only by chance that I found two versions of the Oct 2020 spec and price list where ACC was mentioned in the earlier version and PACC in the later version.
I've had numerous new cars over the past 40 odd years of driving and have never come across this situation before.
I will be interested to have Seat's view for my own satisfaction.

davidjtaylor

Post by davidjtaylor » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:58 pm

Yes totally agree, we have all been caught out. As you say we had no way of knowing when our cars were built and worked on the assumption that what we have read/told thus far would be correct.
The dealership from my experience have been in the dark also and were not informed of any changes, so I can’t blame them really. I’m waiting on my dealership area manger getting in touch with me. He is investigating whether this can be upgraded via software. However I have also contacted SEAT who told me this wasn’t possible (as I thought, but I gave the dealer the benefit of investigating)
I too doubt that SEAT will do anything, as they would say it is not an integral feature (arguably) but you get what you pay for still stands and depends how far it’s pushed. At the very least I would of expected some form of reimbursement. I’d be interested to know how people get on and if they hear back from SEAT.

DELLFAN

Post by DELLFAN » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:41 am

Will let you know how I got on with Seat. No point in contacting my dealer. I am still waiting to hear from him on the issue I had with Seat Connect app. Its almost been 3 weeks. Not even an single email or call. Everytime I ask him for an update he keeps taking Covid as an excuse for his service department not getting back to him. So, will deal with Seat directly. Did you guys contacted them over the phone or email ? I sent an email and the form on the website but not heard back from them yet.
Xperience Lux 1.5TSI in Lava Blue.

ibudde

Post by ibudde » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:50 am

DELLFAN wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:41 am
Will let you know how I got on with Seat. No point in contacting my dealer. I am still waiting to hear from him on the issue I had with Seat Connect app. Its almost been 3 weeks. Not even an single email or call. Everytime I ask him for an update he keeps taking Covid as an excuse for his service department not getting back to him. So, will deal with Seat directly. Did you guys contacted them over the phone or email ? I sent an email and the form on the website but not heard back from them yet.
I am going to write to SEAT and may back it up with an email. Will update this thread when/if I get a response.

davidjtaylor

Post by davidjtaylor » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:38 am

I emailed customer services. They responded within a few days.