Seat Ateca Xperience DSG 2020 facelift query

All Seat Ateca related discussions
DELLFAN

Re: Seat Ateca Xperience DSG 2020 facelift query

Post by DELLFAN » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:01 pm

davidjtaylor wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:38 am
I emailed customer services. They responded within a few days.

Seat emailed me back with the same response you had. That my vehucle has been earlier version of facelift and missed this feature.

Had escalated my complaint to one of there Customer Relations Manager who will contact me in 48-72 hours. No apology nothing. Disappointed with the answers from front line advisors.
Xperience Lux 1.5TSI in Lava Blue.

davidjtaylor

Post by davidjtaylor » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:20 pm

It took a while for customer services to grasp the problem, well I can’t blame the advisor really as he was going from the info tech gave him. There first line was my vehicle did have it. Was only when I sent them pictures that they (tech) came back and admitted my vehicle actually didn’t have it. Took a while but we got there in the end. Keep on at them, see where it takes you.

n16njs

Post by n16njs » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:25 pm

Dealers not knowing what they're selling is unacceptable in my opinion. Its giving them an easy out. It's should be there responsibility to no what there selling same as any other sales person. As for Predictive Cruise control being dangerous, nonsense we still responsible for driving car it's just an aid which will have been tested alot up to us if we want to use it. But it was advertised on certain models when I ordered my car in Oct 2020 as part of facelift.
Ateca Xperience Lux 2.0tsi 4 Drive Dark Camouflage

davidjtaylor

Post by davidjtaylor » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:11 pm

n16njs wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:25 pm
Dealers not knowing what they're selling is unacceptable in my opinion. Its giving them an easy out. It's should be there responsibility to no what there selling same as any other sales person. As for Predictive Cruise control being dangerous, nonsense we still responsible for driving car it's just an aid which will have been tested alot up to us if we want to use it. But it was advertised on certain models when I ordered my car in Oct 2020 as part of facelift.
I can’t disagree with anything you have said. The dealerships, should know, however it is up to SEAT themselves to keep them up to speed. I’m guessing for some reason SEAT wanted to keep this under wraps.
But yes you have paid your money (not an insignificant) amount and you should get what you have paid for. As for pACC being dangerous, I agree it is nonsense, it’s the same as any other aid, but ultimately it’s still the driver who is in control. But this argument as has already been said is irrelevant to this issue anyway.

Dave

DELLFAN

Post by DELLFAN » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:52 pm

Had an update from Seat, they spoke to the dealer and apparently dealer is adamant that my Vehicle has predictive adaptive cruise control even though Seat themselves saying it hasn't. 😒. Seat told me I am well within my right to reject or request a replacement vehicle however since I am on PCP I need to contact VWFS. Contacted the VWFs who is going to investigate and come back to me. I hope they make dealership replace the vehicle as I am thinking of keeping the vehicle for long.
Xperience Lux 1.5TSI in Lava Blue.

Fred99

Post by Fred99 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:05 pm

Has anyone else got predictive CC? If so is it any good?

Personally I cannot imagine allowing the car to take control with such a crude system. On a Tesla or Mercedes S class, possibly. ACC on the other hand, I use all the time and have 100% in it.
1.4TSI DSG Xcellence delivered 2/3/17 after 6 months wait. Brilliant Silver. 18" machined alloys. Park Assist. 360º cameras. Power boot. All driver assists. Alcantara. SEAT sound.

Fred99

Post by Fred99 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:07 pm

Has anyone else got predictive CC? If so is it any good?

Personally I cannot imagine allowing the car to take control with such a crude system. On a Tesla or Mercedes S class, possibly. ACC on the other hand, I use all the time and have 100% confidence in it.
1.4TSI DSG Xcellence delivered 2/3/17 after 6 months wait. Brilliant Silver. 18" machined alloys. Park Assist. 360º cameras. Power boot. All driver assists. Alcantara. SEAT sound.

davidjtaylor

Post by davidjtaylor » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:30 pm

DELLFAN wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:52 pm
Had an update from Seat, they spoke to the dealer and apparently dealer is adamant that my Vehicle has predictive adaptive cruise control even though Seat themselves saying it hasn't. 😒. Seat told me I am well within my right to reject or request a replacement vehicle however since I am on PCP I need to contact VWFS. Contacted the VWFs who is going to investigate and come back to me. I hope they make dealership replace the vehicle as I am thinking of keeping the vehicle for long.
I had the same issue, the dealership also were sure my vehicle had pACC. This is despite the fact that SEAT themselves have said all facelift vehicles prior to the November “silent update” only had standard ACC. This is backed up by the fact there are 2 user manuals.
When they said this to me, I road tested the vehicle to see if it’s activated during a drive. It didn’t! The. They proceeded to check then infotainment system, despite the manual describing the menu system. Again they didn’t find anything! It’s fairly definitive that this vehicle DOES NOT have pACC. Hope you get sorted.

ibudde

Post by ibudde » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:36 pm

davidjtaylor wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:30 pm
DELLFAN wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:52 pm
I had the same issue, the dealership also were sure my vehicle had pACC. This is despite the fact that SEAT themselves have said all facelift vehicles prior to the November “silent update” only had standard ACC. This is backed up by the fact there are 2 user manuals.
When they said this to me, I road tested the vehicle to see if it’s activated during a drive. It didn’t! The. They proceeded to check then infotainment system, despite the manual describing the menu system. Again they didn’t find anything! It’s fairly definitive that this vehicle DOES NOT have pACC. Hope you get sorted.
Ditto myself. Still awaiting a response from SEAT customer services, hopefully in the next week or so as they have promised.
Last edited by ibudde on Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

davidjtaylor

Post by davidjtaylor » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:45 pm

Sounds like they stalling it really believe it has it. I’ve got it in 2 emails from SEAT themselves that it dosnt and from what dates it does. Fairly conclusive I’d say. Let me know how you get along.
Last edited by davidjtaylor on Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.