Seat Ateca Xperience DSG 2020 facelift query

All Seat Ateca related discussions
davidjtaylor

Re: Seat Ateca Xperience DSG 2020 facelift query

Post by davidjtaylor » Sun May 02, 2021 3:48 pm

Errors & omissions may be on every ad, that is true and it is used as a “get out” by the manufacturers. But that in itself does not mean that’s it, put up and shut up. Far from it, there are also these laws that deal with trade descriptions, if something is advertised as having something (when the contract is made, ie you place on order) then it should have it. If a car is advertised as having air con when ordered and when you receive it is does not. That is a clear case of false advertising and you should be duly compensated.
The fact that from the relaunch the Ateca was advertised as having pACC, it should have been there, if it was known that it wouldn’t be fitted until November, then dealerships and customers should have been made aware and given the option to cancel or wait.
This was not done, granted pACC is not the be all and end all, but it was highlighted in the ads and spec sheet.

As for retro fitting from what I have looked into, it would be very expensive to add retrospectively, a cost the customer should not have to bare.

iScoTT29

Post by iScoTT29 » Mon May 03, 2021 5:57 pm

Checked this out on my Ateca that I got in September and it is definitely only ACC and not pACC. To be honest didnt even know about pACC before seeing this topic in the last few weeks however, I will go back and check the brochure from when I ordered. If it was advertised then I will be getting in touch with the dealer I bought it from.

EDIT: Just checked the brochure from when I ordered it states as of 09/2020 everything was correct and specs pACC for Xperience Lux. I ordered the car in 09/2020 and my car doesnt have pACC. I will be emailing SEAT customer service this week for an explanation.

DELLFAN

Post by DELLFAN » Tue May 04, 2021 2:12 pm

Had further update from dealership finally. Seat has come back to them to advise that they seems to be miss match in something called PR code list that tells what the car has. And it seems their is an issue with the PR code number on my vehicle and hence the PACC is missing. They are waiting for factory to confirm the same. Apparently it should have been 8T8 instead of 8T7.

Screenshot_20210504-140701_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Xperience Lux 1.5TSI in Lava Blue.

davidjtaylor

Post by davidjtaylor » Tue May 04, 2021 3:16 pm

iScoTT29 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 5:57 pm
Checked this out on my Ateca that I got in September and it is definitely only ACC and not pACC. To be honest didnt even know about pACC before seeing this topic in the last few weeks however, I will go back and check the brochure from when I ordered. If it was advertised then I will be getting in touch with the dealer I bought it from.

EDIT: Just checked the brochure from when I ordered it states as of 09/2020 everything was correct and specs pACC for Xperience Lux. I ordered the car in 09/2020 and my car doesnt have pACC. I will be emailing SEAT customer service this week for an explanation.
Yes I found the same, the brochure I said the car would be equipped with pACC. The car I received was an October build, which according to SEAT, did not have pACC. This despite since the facelift relaunch stating it should have.
I don’t know why SEAT only implemented pACC on cars from November 20, but if you bought your car on the brochures and information at the time, which said it has the feature, that’s what you should get.
E&O as far as I’m concerned has no legal standing, it’s used by companies as a “cover all” get out clause. What does have legal standing is the trade descriptions act and similar, which states a product should be as described. Proving it and fighting is a different matter of course, but don’t be put off.
Good luck.

davidjtaylor

Post by davidjtaylor » Tue May 04, 2021 3:24 pm

DELLFAN wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 2:12 pm
Had further update from dealership finally. Seat has come back to them to advise that they seems to be miss match in something called PR code list that tells what the car has. And it seems their is an issue with the PR code number on my vehicle and hence the PACC is missing. They are waiting for factory to confirm the same. Apparently it should have been 8T8 instead of 8T7.
Screenshot_20210504-140701_Yahoo Mail.jpg
Thankfully you’ve had a reply. I don’t know what PR codes are, but it seems to suggest an isolated incident? Ie your cars PR code mismatch. That does not explain why the cars of the people on here also don’t have pACC installed? Have we all had a PR mismatch?
During my conversations it took a while for SEAT to admit that in the end my car did not have pACC, despite at the beginning there tech side saying it had.
It was only later they told me that cars prior to November had only standard ACC, no mention of errors etc. It seems to me that was a manufacturing choice on their part (for whatever reason, covid and supplies of parts etc)
Sounds like a fudge to me, but I keep an open mind.
Good luck