Seat Ident

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Althered

Seat Ident

Post by Althered » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:54 pm

I managed to install Seat connect and whilst it is predictably basic I do kind of like it. It is useful for an overview of your vehicle and just to make sure it is where it`s supposed to be ;) (I park my vehicle away from my house in a remote garage) . The weather is very hot in the afternoon this week and my vehicle gets rather warm at work. I could nip out during the afternoon and open my sunroof (wonderful btw) or windows but wondered if this can be done remotely with the app. Try it I can hear you shout but there is a process called seat ident which sounds a bit of a faff and involves the dealer. Apparently, you can unlock and lock the vehicle remotely if you set this up. I just wondered if anyone had done this and what benefits does it bring? Is it possible to open windows remotely?

DELLFAN

Re: Seat Ident

Post by DELLFAN » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:43 pm

I don't think you can at the moment. Turning heaters on and off is available on Seat Electric MI vehicles only. I think you can only do couple of things. Horn/Turning Signals and unlocking and locking (only after dealer has verified your identity).

I am still waiting for my dealer to complete my ident process. Apparently there service department has no clue on how to do it yet :D
Xperience Lux 1.5TSI in Lava Blue.