Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

Are Windscreen Wipers Poor Quality

4K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Dal22 
#1 ·
Is it true that even new Atecas windscreen wipers are such poor quality that you have to buy replacement ones even for the top of the range 2021 Xperience Lux 1.5 DSG.

I was thinking of buying these ones for the front "Bosch A864S Aerotwin Wiperblade Set, 650/450 mm" & Bosch Rear Wiper Blade A282H, Length: 280mm blade in advance of collection.

I went on the Amazon site and a reviewer says the passenger wiper is a bit short. He says he measured the OEM ones. The lengths of the actual rubber bit in contact with the screen is 645/470 on the OEM blades. This set is 650/450. The drivers side one is fine, but the passenger one is a bit short. 10mm each end, which leaves an annoying bit un-wiped between the two wipers.

What do you recommend to buy or are the original fitted ones okay?

#2 ·
My original ones were OK, they have lasted 19k miles/2 years now. I replaced them last month with a set of Valeo ones from Eurocarparts. (Valeo are original equipment on many new cars and are good quality) The original ones may well be poor quality but until they stop working, leave them be. (All that will happen when they stop working effectively is that the rubber part that wipes the screen will start to split away from the rest, it is no big deal)
They were about £21 delivered to my door.

#3 ·
replace them with Bosch.

#4 ·
Mine were rubbish from the off. Replaced with Bosch with marginal improvement. Wipers clear the screen on the up stroke, but makes it misty again on the return stroke. I wonder if it is poorly aligned wiper arms I.e. they are not perpendicular to the screen, or the springs are not powerful enough to pull the wipers against the screen. Only car I've had with this problem.

#6 ·
My Xcellence was brand new last July and within the first few rainy days it was clear that they sounded and worked like they were 4 years old. After asking for advice on the forum, a number mentioned the bosch blades so I bought them and have had no issues since. The rear hasn't been replaced yet as it works as it should.

#7 ·
Calling back to an old thread from these forums. I replaced my noisy Seat standard wipers last October and the Bosch ones are much superior. 6 months on and they've still working perfectly. Very happy. :)

I ordered the following, in case anyone is curious:
- Bosch A864S Aerotwin Wiperblade Set, 650/450 mm (£18.74 at Amazon when purchased)
- Bosch Wiper Blade Rear A282H, Length: 280mm - rear wiper blade (£5.84 at Amazon when purchased)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.