Part numbers

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Hertssjc

Part numbers

Post by Hertssjc » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:14 pm

Looking to replace the chrome window trim as is has discoloured. Dealer has quoted £350 supplied or £500 supplied and fitted. Wanted to know if anyone knew how to get a part number or if price quoted was a fair price. Any info appreciated.

vectra

Re: Part numbers

Post by vectra » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:20 am

Hertssjc wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:14 pm
Looking to replace the chrome window trim as is has discoloured. Dealer has quoted £350 supplied or £500 supplied and fitted. Wanted to know if anyone knew how to get a part number or if price quoted was a fair price. Any info appreciated.
It will discolor again,
Get it wrapped in black.
MY19 Ateca FR 1.5Tsi DSG Velvet red, Digital cockpit, Beats audio, Winter pack, Leather, adaptive cruise, Electric boot, Kessy, Lane assist, Connectivity box, Alarm, Kessy, Rear view Camera. 8-)

Hertssjc

Post by Hertssjc » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:10 am

Many thanks. I was concerned that they may discolour again, did you get yours wrapped and how much did it cost?

vectra

Post by vectra » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:08 am

Hertssjc wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:10 am
Many thanks. I was concerned that they may discolour again, did you get yours wrapped and how much did it cost?
Hi,
No, I didn't get it done but I am sure I saw a post here where a member did it.
My surrounds are all black.
I had a Passat B8 a couple of years ago and the same thing happened. I was told not to waste my time and money replacing them as it would happen again.
MY19 Ateca FR 1.5Tsi DSG Velvet red, Digital cockpit, Beats audio, Winter pack, Leather, adaptive cruise, Electric boot, Kessy, Lane assist, Connectivity box, Alarm, Kessy, Rear view Camera. 8-)

Hertssjc

Post by Hertssjc » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:08 am

I went back to the dealer after phoning SEAT customer care and they are putting in a warranty claim, hopefully a successful one!

Will just have to start washing it myself and use low PH products as from what i have read is the cause of the problem that makes the trim discolour.