Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

Rear brake pad replacement

9K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  PJM 
#1 ·
Hi, has anyone changed the rear brake pads on a Ateca?
I've changed many pads on cars over the years, but non with an electronic handbrake. Any problems and tips appreciated.

#4 ·
Mountainbiker said:
Thanks for the information Ciano I will look into getting one. Have seen that it might be possible to jack the car up, run the car and switch off the parking break and then disconnect the electric plugs on the breaks to keep them released.
That'll keep them from being applied, but won't wind them right back, which is what you want to replace the pads.

#5 ·
rafletcher said:
Mountainbiker said:
Thanks for the information Ciano I will look into getting one. Have seen that it might be possible to jack the car up, run the car and switch off the parking break and then disconnect the electric plugs on the breaks to keep them released.
That'll keep them from being applied, but won't wind them right back, which is what you want to replace the pads.
Thats odd. Might be me but can't find a reference to brake wind back tool in the repair manual. I assume you have replaced the rear pads then? View attachment Pages from Brake_system_.pdf

Attachments

#6 ·
I changed my rear pads obd 11 to wind out the parking brake, remove pads as described in the link above. The thrust tool in the last picture, last page winds the pistons back to make room for the new pads. I used a g clamp which works just as well. Apply the brakes gently to take up the slack then use the obd 11 to reset the parking brake.

There are plenty of vids on youtube using audi and later vw's.

Only do this job if you are confident in what you are doing. I take no responsibility whatsoever if you do this task and are not competent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.