SEAT Drive Profile

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Fred99

SEAT Drive Profile

Post by Fred99 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:20 pm

I understand how the various options affect the car setup, but what options can you change in the "Individual Profile" option? The manual only says that it depends on what options the car has. My car will have DSG but not 4Drive plus all the other "Driver Assist" options.
1.4TSI DSG Xcellence delivered 2/3/17 after 6 months wait. Brilliant Silver. 18" machined alloys. Park Assist. 360º cameras. Power boot. All driver assists. Alcantara. SEAT sound.

Ghiggz

Re: SEAT Drive Profile

Post by Ghiggz » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:36 pm

I think it's a bit of a gimmick and waste of time myself. On the 2wd anyhow!
Not sure how much difference the snow setting etc makes to the 4wd.

Have driven around switching back and fore between the modes at traffic lights, and can see no real discernable advantage to being able to change between them.

All eco seems to do is force on the stop/start and restrict AC.
Normal seems, well normal, and sport seems no different to normal to me, other than the steering feels slightly heavier, I didn't like it, and spend most of the time in normal.

On my mates Zafira he has a sport button on the dash, and it is actually is mapped differently, and gives about 40bhp extra when in sport mode. Sport on the Ateca seems to do very little.

It's all a bit vague all round really, the three settings are just described as eco, normal, sport, but when you go into each one, it just says steering, throttle etc all the same, eco, normal, or sport, with no real description of the actual differences between each setting..

In 'individual' you can just change the AC, throttle, steering etc between eco, normal or sport manually, i.e. In normal all three say 'normal', in sport all three say 'sport', in individual you can have steering as normal and throttle as sport, etc,..
Silver Ateca SE 1.6tdi

Tell

Post by Tell » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:40 pm

The individual is so you can blend a mix of the others. The sales guy in MK had set the electric steering to pacify someone who didn't like the default. You get use to the default so it's not an issue then what do you do if you want the others, twig each time ?.

DSG sport makes a difference. Eco was totally weird in my DSG and seemed to offer resistance on the accelorator pedal and activities the stop start, the overdrive goes wild. I won't be using that and also plays havoc with diesel regeneration.

So I'll be sticking with normal and snow. They will do me fine.

I'll try to do some photos of how the menu presents on a diesel DSG.
Ateca Xcellence 190 TDI 4Drive DSG, Rodium Grey, 19", Heated Windscreen, Navigation Plus, Seat sound, Panoramic roof, Xcellence Pack, Adv Comfort & Driving pack - on the road

Tell

Post by Tell » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:42 pm

Mine looks like this. Engine and ACC break into Normal, Sport and ECO. Obviously if you didn't have ACC you wouldnt see that. Nothing too exciting there.

I shall continue to be a Luddite and stick to Normal and Snow mode.... just need some snow.

tmp_23319-20161229_1632241093713369.jpg

Ateca Xcellence 190 TDI 4Drive DSG, Rodium Grey, 19", Heated Windscreen, Navigation Plus, Seat sound, Panoramic roof, Xcellence Pack, Adv Comfort & Driving pack - on the road

Fred99

Post by Fred99 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:17 pm

I suspected it was just a gimmick. Tell, can you check exactly what options come up under " engine"?

I assume that is where throttle response would be covered, but is there a Sport setting for the DSG in there as well. It seems that just select the Sport option would cover this.
1.4TSI DSG Xcellence delivered 2/3/17 after 6 months wait. Brilliant Silver. 18" machined alloys. Park Assist. 360º cameras. Power boot. All driver assists. Alcantara. SEAT sound.

Tell

Post by Tell » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:23 pm

It's a bit boring...

tmp_14251-20161229_1632501086500983.jpg

Fred99

Post by Fred99 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:46 pm

Thanks for that - just what I wanted to check. Yes it is boring. I will probably leave it in Sport all the time.

Saggy

Post by Saggy » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:45 am

Fred99 wrote:Thanks for that - just what I wanted to check. Yes it is boring. I will probably leave it in Sport all the time.
Boy racer :mrgreen:
Red Xcellence 18" 190 4wd DSG Heated windscreen, Tail foot wiggle, SEAT sound, Park Assist I still don't use....

Fred99

Post by Fred99 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:45 am

Saggy wrote: Boy racer :mrgreen:
When you get to my age, about the only thing you can still do quickly is drive! :lol: :lol:

Saggy

Post by Saggy » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:08 am

Fred99 wrote:
Saggy wrote: Boy racer :mrgreen:
When you get to my age, about the only thing you can still do quickly is drive! :lol: :lol:
Well Fred, there are some things where slow isn't a negative ;)
Red Xcellence 18" 190 4wd DSG Heated windscreen, Tail foot wiggle, SEAT sound, Park Assist I still don't use....

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”