SEAT Drive Profile

All Seat Ateca related discussions
wiz2003

Re: SEAT Drive Profile

Post by wiz2003 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:56 pm

I do not agree that it is a gimmick
When in ECO mode acceleration, gear changes and the steering are quite different to sport mode.
In ECO mode acceleration is much more gradual, unless you hit the floor. Gear changes are targetted to keep the revs low and the steering is less precise, so easier.
In sport mode, acceleration is immediate and very responsive. Gear changes are optimised so that if at any time you need power you have it. And the steering is fun and very responsive.
So, economy at the expense of responsiveness or power and responsiveness at the expense of economy.
I like it.
Xcellence 190 TDI 4Drive DSG, 18", Lava Blue, Seat sound, Xcellence Pack, Adv Comfort & Driving pack, Towbar.
Electric front seat not available.
Ordered on the 05/09/2016
Collected on the 04/11/2016

Fred99

Post by Fred99 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:22 pm

I was suggesting that the individual profile could be a gimmick, not the system itself.

What I want to know is exactly what you can select to put in your personal profile rather than use the preselected parameters.

Have you set up an individual profile, if so what did you select?
1.4TSI DSG Xcellence delivered 2/3/17 after 6 months wait. Brilliant Silver. 18" machined alloys. Park Assist. 360º cameras. Power boot. All driver assists. Alcantara. SEAT sound.

Tell

Post by Tell » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:30 pm

You can also fiddle with each of the settings as I recall, normal, sport, eco etc.... but I'd have to double check, 95 percent sure on that one.
Ateca Xcellence 190 TDI 4Drive DSG, Rodium Grey, 19", Heated Windscreen, Navigation Plus, Seat sound, Panoramic roof, Xcellence Pack, Adv Comfort & Driving pack - on the road

Ghiggz

Post by Ghiggz » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:47 pm

might well make a difference to the DSG or 4WD, but for me on a 2WD manual, I can find very little difference in the three modes...
Silver Ateca SE 1.6tdi

Fred99

Post by Fred99 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:36 pm

With DSG Sport mode will make a big difference, but that is easier to achieve by flicking the gear lever back to select Sport mode than fiddling around with a dial.
1.4TSI DSG Xcellence delivered 2/3/17 after 6 months wait. Brilliant Silver. 18" machined alloys. Park Assist. 360º cameras. Power boot. All driver assists. Alcantara. SEAT sound.

Tell

Post by Tell » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:24 pm

That's true although I reckon you will have enough power in normal mode without over revving it in sport.... I know you can rev petrol more before it goes raucous as diesels do. The quick change of DSG does help you to keep the pace up whilst manual drivers stir the gear box and sometimes miss.
Ateca Xcellence 190 TDI 4Drive DSG, Rodium Grey, 19", Heated Windscreen, Navigation Plus, Seat sound, Panoramic roof, Xcellence Pack, Adv Comfort & Driving pack - on the road

PaulT00

Post by PaulT00 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:34 pm

I always found the best way to make progress in a diesel is to short-shift anyway. With most modern turbo diesels having a torque plateau from very low down the rev range, and generally running out of puff beyond 3000rpm or so, there is little to be gained from high engine speeds... It's all about staying in the meat of the torque curve and keeping the turbo on boost.
The Big Blue Bus : Ateca Xcellence 190 TDI 4Drive DSG, Lava Blue, 18", Heated Windscreen, Panoramic roof, Xcellence Pack, Adv Comfort & Driving pack plus, double boot floor OTR 17-MAR-2017

Fred99

Post by Fred99 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:20 pm

Which is why they are boring to drive compared to a high revving turbo petrol engine.

They do exactly what they are supposed to do, but it's not so much fun!

Tell

Post by Tell » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:15 pm

Your not into listening to music when you drive then Freddie... we have plenty of speed cameras to catch you out via excessive speed in the UK.

Somewhere I will work in the Charlie who was flashing me since they thought I'd left my lights on... no DLR, they were needlessly driving a big 4WD with snorkel and tyres on the roof. Best to be prepared... I think they didn't like the brightness of the rear LEDs in the day light and that was foot off the brake on a DSG so no high intensity centre light.

Tell

Post by Tell » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:17 pm

PaulT00 wrote:I always found the best way to make progress in a diesel is to short-shift anyway. With most modern turbo diesels having a torque plateau from very low down the rev range, and generally running out of puff beyond 3000rpm or so, there is little to be gained from high engine speeds... It's all about staying in the meat of the torque curve and keeping the turbo on boost.
Why I leave it in normal mode. A bit of sport driving helps with the run in, but other than that you don't need the sport setting in a diesel DSG.

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”