SEAT Drive Profile

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Fred99

Re: SEAT Drive Profile

Post by Fred99 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:40 am

If you have DSG, it still resets from Sport to Normal in terms of gear change points. Whether it resets the other parameters is difficult to judge as they have so little effect anyway.
1.4TSI DSG Xcellence delivered 2/3/17 after 6 months wait. Brilliant Silver. 18" machined alloys. Park Assist. 360º cameras. Power boot. All driver assists. Alcantara. SEAT sound.

Tet70

Post by Tet70 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:56 am

Well, you can always check the LED indicator on the knob, that'll tell you what the current mode is.
Jungle Green 1.4 TSI 4Drive DSG Style + quite a lot of extras. Delivered in less than 8 months. :roll:

ateca_turkiye

Post by ateca_turkiye » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:13 am

ill buy a new 2018 model ateca.. same problems ... driver profile cant save ..car always restarting normal mode..my other car is leon fr 2016, driver profile perceftly saved last state (eco - normal ) ...

Phantom

Post by Phantom » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:25 am

No If you leave it in ECO ir defaults to normal on normal restart not stop start.
Black 190 DSG Excellence

leWrat

Post by leWrat » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:47 am

From an email received from SEAT International Customer Care when I was in conversation with them about why the gear/engine mode defaults to "Normal":
With regard to your case, we inform you that, due to homologation regulations that we are obliged to comply with, the cars have to start in "normal" mode.

This operation is specified in the manual of the car and obeys to the need to comply with the WLTP regulations, that require the cars always start with the approved values.
My response was:
Thank you for your response.
I am not stating that the car should not start in “normal” mode but that the Driving profile dial should also change, on start-up, to show the “normal” profile/mode and for the “normal” driving profile in its entirety to be active/selected. Otherwise the engine and the gear will match the “normal” profile and the other driving profile properties will reflect the previously selected profile, i.e. the car is in a mixed up profile that is not reflected in the Driving profile dial selection.

I believe that it is clearer and more intuitive that the car always starts in the entire “normal” profile that the Driving profile dial displays the “normal” profile as selected.
which, of course, is just my opinion/preference. :)
MY19 Ateca Xcellence Lux 1.5 in Rhodium Grey with spacesaver wheel.

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”