Tyre Sizes for different models

Post by Garfielduk » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:52 pm

Tyre Specs are:
S: 6J × 16 215/60 R16 95V
SE: 7J × 17 215/55 R17 94V
SETECH: 7J × 18 215/50 R18 92W
SETECH/XE: 7J × 18 225/50 R18 95W 2.0 Tdi 150PS Only
XE: 8J × 19 225/45 R19 92W 2.0 Tdi 190PS Only

I have been offered a great deal on contract hire for a 1.6Tdi Technology and asked if I could have 17" wheels rather than the 18", first because I like the full silver alloys rather than the bicolour wheels and secondly because the 18" spec wheels have 215/50 R18 tyres on which are about as common and easy to find as Rocking horse doo doo, why would SEAT do that? The dealer said No you can't change that, they like you to add as many paid for features and are totally inflexible when you want to change something that doesn't mean they make more cash, pretty crap really. the only 215/50 R18 found on the web are either Falkens or Toyo, I am not saying they are bad makes because they do some good tyres but the 18's available are not top notch in the wet which I think is the most importnat aspect. Most cars usually have options in the manual too to fit a few variations but not for the Ateca strangely enough.
Ateca SE Technology 1.6tdi, Passion Red

trogette

Re: Tyre Sizes for different models

Post by trogette » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:36 pm

Sorry, I have no clue about tyres, just wanted to say welcome to the board :)
Belluszyra's missus, go ask him about the spec, I just drive ;)

Saggy

Post by Saggy » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:44 pm

trogette wrote:Sorry, I have no clue about tyres, just wanted to say welcome to the board :)
they are the liquorice looking things on each corner trogette ;)

Welcome to the forum Garfield :)
Red Xcellence 18" 190 4wd DSG Heated windscreen, Tail foot wiggle, SEAT sound, Park Assist I still don't use....

mcderms

Post by mcderms » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:50 pm

Saggy wrote:
trogette wrote:Sorry, I have no clue about tyres, just wanted to say welcome to the board :)

)
:lol: :lol: :lol: cheeky beggar !
2.0 TDi Xcellence 4Drive; Rodium Grey; 18" Alloys; ACC; Parking Assist; Heated Windscreen; Driving Assist Pack 2 and Space Saver Spare.

Excalibrates

Post by Excalibrates » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:23 pm

Welcome.

There's a few (active) threads running about tyre options, yes the 215/50 R18 are an unusual size but you can go to a 225/50 or 225/45 on the same alloys and there's a lot more choice there.

Stumps me why Seat would choose such an unusual tyre size as standard, unless they did some kind of deal with Falken/Bridgestone (the default manufacturer fits so far).

tbh the Falken tyre isn't a bad one now I've put some miles on it, but a wider choice of better/value tyres would have been nice without going outside the standard specs.
1.4 XCellence Nevada White, Driving Assist 2 Pack, Xcellence Pack, Dual Floor, heated screen + other stuff

trogette

Post by trogette » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:17 pm

Saggy wrote:

Ah! Adding to the tasty looks then 8-) I do love liquorice, shame most of it's made with wheat :(
Belluszyra's missus, go ask him about the spec, I just drive ;)

Saggy

Post by Saggy » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:47 pm

trogette wrote:
Saggy wrote:

Ah! Adding to the tasty looks then 8-) I do love liquorice, shame most of it's made with wheat :(
Is it?
Off to google Pontefract cakes and other things as realise I have no idea about the ingredients or how made
Red Xcellence 18" 190 4wd DSG Heated windscreen, Tail foot wiggle, SEAT sound, Park Assist I still don't use....

mcderms

Post by mcderms » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:54 pm

Saggy wrote: Is it?
Off to google Pontefract cakes and other things as realise I have no idea about the ingredients or how made
Well, then, Bertie Bassett - what has your research revealed?? :D
2.0 TDi Xcellence 4Drive; Rodium Grey; 18" Alloys; ACC; Parking Assist; Heated Windscreen; Driving Assist Pack 2 and Space Saver Spare.

Saggy

Post by Saggy » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:58 pm

mcderms wrote:
I have found out that they have started to say pregnant women need to restrict consumption as can affect the child

Also it raises blood pressure ...... but then so does this forum and I still come here

mcderms

Post by mcderms » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:01 pm

Saggy wrote:
mcderms wrote:
I have found out that they have started to say pregnant women need to restrict consumption as can affect the child

Also it raises blood pressure ...... but then so does this forum and I still come here
That's put me right off Liquorice Allsorts, then ! :lol: Better make sure I don't get pregnant either :shock:

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”