Replaced interior lights - LED

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Kindness71

Re: Replaced interior lights - LED

Post by Kindness71 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:36 pm

Kaizer83 wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:08 pm
Getting ready to pick up my Ateca today and I have stripped all the internal LEDs I had put into my Leon out. From the sounds of it I'll be able to swap them straight into the Ateca, great news.

I had red LED for the front footwell in the Leon, does the Ateca have footwell lights?
Yes the SE models onwards has the ambient spot lighting and front footwell illumination :)
Ateca Xcellence 1.4 TSI, Samoa Orange on order (11th August), Build week (52), Picked up (22nd Jan) 18", Heated Windscreen, Seat sound system, Electric Tailgate with Virtual Pedal, Double floor

Kaizer83

Post by Kaizer83 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:14 pm

I'm not sure if red will will suit the Ateca interior with it being partly blue. The Leon was grey and the red footwell complimented the red/orange of most of the dashboard lights.

I will post up pictures too once I've swapped and see what people think.

Very excited now, just need to wait for my daughter to eat her lunch then we're off to collect it!
1.6 SE Lava Blue, LED, Sat Nav, Electric Tailgate/Keyless, Top View Camera, Convenience Pack

Tell

Post by Tell » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:38 pm

I didn't like to mention the footwell lights since it was going well. They are white in the Xcellence. I think they might be the same unit perhaps as the boot LED that is also sold on parts as a footwell light without crawling around I haven't looked at them apart from the hassle of leaving the left one out at build which the garage sorted out. Probably another bulb change for you. You probably don't want them too bright else it would be a distraction driving.

The full LED interior lighting in the Xcellence isn't amazingly bright, darker than by old Altea in what it throws out so upgrading a non Xcellence interior to full LED you might get a better level of light. The Xcellence ones perhaps are their to study their spot light beauty rather than practical down lighting.

So yes if both of you table the led units and web links to suppliers it will help others get it right first time with things that work.
Ateca Xcellence 190 TDI 4Drive DSG, Rodium Grey, 19", Heated Windscreen, Navigation Plus, Seat sound, Panoramic roof, Xcellence Pack, Adv Comfort & Driving pack - on the road

Howie669

Post by Howie669 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:45 pm

Yeah they are the same units as glove box and boot, i know this as i wondered why only the drivers side had a light when i was playing with the brightness through the computer to then check and find that SEAT hadn't tucked the carpet in properly in the passenger side and so blocking the light.
2017 SE Tech
Magic Black

Tell

Post by Tell » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:20 pm

That ones a known error, but not fitting one is known in Germany. I seem to have been the only UK customer that's been effected on that one. They probably swigged their tea as it past by on the production line and it wasn't put in. The garage looked at it and said all the wiring is there, we will order you one and fitted it a week later.
Ateca Xcellence 190 TDI 4Drive DSG, Rodium Grey, 19", Heated Windscreen, Navigation Plus, Seat sound, Panoramic roof, Xcellence Pack, Adv Comfort & Driving pack - on the road

Andyam

Post by Andyam » Tue May 02, 2017 10:07 pm

Howie669 wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:27 pm
Kaizer83 wrote:
Getting ready to pick up my Ateca today and I have stripped all the internal LEDs I had put into my Leon out. From the sounds of it I'll be able to swap them straight into the Ateca, great news.

I had red LED for the front footwell in the Leon, does the Ateca have footwell lights?
Yes the Ateca has footwell lights - i haven't actually replaced them yet come to think of it..... but the issue i was seeing has gone for the moment after replacing the boot light. Good idea replacing the foot well lights with a different colour mind... i'll get on to that.

I'll sort out some pics of all the lights and what bulbs i bought for each when i can - car is in getting the rear windows tinted today.
Hi Howie,

How have you got on with replacing lights for the Ateca?

Thanks
Andy
1.4TSi Xcellance in Nevada White, Panoramic Roof, Drive Assistance Pack 2, Xcellance Pack, Seat Sound, Space Saver Wheel, 18" Inch Bi Colour Machined Alloys (SE TECH WHEELS), Ex Seat Managers Car.

Howie669

Post by Howie669 » Wed May 03, 2017 10:47 am

Andyam wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 10:07 pm
Howie669 wrote:
Kaizer83 wrote:

Yes the Ateca has footwell lights - i haven't actually replaced them yet come to think of it..... but the issue i was seeing has gone for the moment after replacing the boot light. Good idea replacing the foot well lights with a different colour mind... i'll get on to that.

I'll sort out some pics of all the lights and what bulbs i bought for each when i can - car is in getting the rear windows tinted today.
Hi Howie,

Thanks
Andy
Hello - all interior lights were replaced - that is 4x ceiling (2 front with 501 led's, 2 rear with led festoon's) 2x sun visor (led festoons), glove box (501 LED), 2 footwell lights - BLUE 501 LED's - look great :) and i replaced the interior boot light with a small LED panel - i think i posted the link somewhere above - everything is fine and i have not experienced any repeat of the issue i had originally reported.
2017 SE Tech
Magic Black

Andyam

Post by Andyam » Wed May 03, 2017 11:27 pm

Howie669 wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 10:47 am
Andyam wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 10:07 pm
Howie669 wrote:

Hi Howie,

Thanks
Andy
Hello - all interior lights were replaced - that is 4x ceiling (2 front with 501 led's, 2 rear with led festoon's) 2x sun visor (led festoons), glove box (501 LED), 2 footwell lights - BLUE 501 LED's - look great :) and i replaced the interior boot light with a small LED panel - i think i posted the link somewhere above - everything is fine and i have not experienced any repeat of the issue i had originally reported.
I replaced the glovebox light with one of my LED plate lights from my A4 I had...have so many of them! The only others I am thinking of changing is thenfootwells and boots for a little more brightness especially the boot
1.4TSi Xcellance in Nevada White, Panoramic Roof, Drive Assistance Pack 2, Xcellance Pack, Seat Sound, Space Saver Wheel, 18" Inch Bi Colour Machined Alloys (SE TECH WHEELS), Ex Seat Managers Car.

FeverSeven

Post by FeverSeven » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:04 pm

Howie669 wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:40 pm
Hey All,

Has anyone else replaced their interior lights with LED ones? (mines an SE tech and didn't come with the ambiance LED light things). Anyway - all went went - replaced the glove box - the 2x sunvisor, 2x front reading lights and 2x rear roof lights. Still waiting for a bulb for the boot - all were working fine. On Saturday i was driving in the rain with lights on and my dad asked why no cd player so i told him to open the glove box - he did - and i got a audio "bing" dash warning along with warning on the dash - pic of car with flashing tailgate and all the interior roof lights flashed on and off like a disco - until the glove box was shut...... now - it seems to happen intermittently on opening the glove box when i have the cars lights on (assume this activates the glovebox light) but does keep happening - tbh i'm not too concerned as how often do you go in the glove box - but seems weird. I'm thinking maybe the bulbs aren't error free (they were sold as error free - but you know ebay..)

Anyone else had any issues when replacing interior lights?
Hello there,

Any chance you could tell me how you were able to get the round covers of the two internal lights where the sunglasses holder is?

Thanks.

Fever
1.4Tsi SE, Black Magic, Ambient Lighting, Rear Tints, SatNav, Convenience Pack, Seat Sound, LED Lights, Park Assist and the icing on the cake, The 6V Silver Gear Knob :roll: :lol:
Ordered 13th May 2017, Build Week 37 apparently :o

Howie669

Post by Howie669 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:19 am

FeverSeven wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:04 pm

Hello there,

Any chance you could tell me how you were able to get the round covers of the two internal lights where the sunglasses holder is?

Thanks.

Fever
Hi - as far as i remember a small flat head screw driver pops the whole cover off - not just the circle covers. I can check once i get back in the car.
2017 SE Tech
Magic Black

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”