What's the deal with delivery times, UK vs. the rest of Europe?

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Stonedecroze

Re: What's the deal with delivery times, UK vs. the rest of Europe?

Post by Stonedecroze » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:12 pm

Put a deposit on an Excellence 1.4 TSI DSG in Rhodium Gray, on Thursday, only added a spare wheel, and dual height boot floor. Understandably the dealer couldn't say when, but suggested it would be about 8 weeks from when Seat acknowledge the order, going on past experience. This is to the Channel Islands, so that's UK delivery + a few days. I've seen a few driving around, the dealer says they can't keep them in stock very long, due to demand. When I get any dates I'll post an update. Fingers crossed!

Etchings

Post by Etchings » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:13 pm

Stonedecroze wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:12 pm
Put a deposit on an Excellence 1.4 TSI DSG in Rhodium Gray, on Thursday, only added a spare wheel, and dual height boot floor. Understandably the dealer couldn't say when, but suggested it would be about 8 weeks from when Seat acknowledge the order, going on past experience. This is to the Channel Islands, so that's UK delivery + a few days. I've seen a few driving around, the dealer says they can't keep them in stock very long, due to demand. When I get any dates I'll post an update. Fingers crossed!
Welcome and good luck! Be very interesting to hear how the Channel Islands deliveries pan out.
supreme wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:36 pm
kee wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:46 pm
I wonder if there is a market to sell UK cars at a premium back to Europe?! Considering how unpopular the UK generally is by the Europeans, the favourable treatment is baffling
Right side steering wheel versions to EU? Dont think so.
Uk in general seem to have good delivery times, bar one or two exceptions - and you could flog a UK spec to Malta or Cyprus I believe :) :mrgreen:
Now driving: Ateca XCellence 1.4 TSi in Rodium Grey with XCellence + Advanced Driving Assistance Packs, Double Boot Floor + Space Saver Spare - Ordered week 9, confirmed built week 26&27&28, arrived in UK week 30 - Collected 1st Sept 8-)

RJB

Post by RJB » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:35 am

I ordered my SEAT Ateca 1.4 Eco TSi 150 ACT 4Drive Xcellence DSG 20 Dec 2016 in France

I have now been advised that my car will be delivered to the dealer in week 39 of 2017 (last week of September).

I have negotiated an improved deal but I still do not trust SEAT to deliver on time.
In France - Ateca Xcellence 1.4 Eco TSi 150CV ACT 4Drive DSG with lots of toys
Ordered 20 Dec 2016

Stonedecroze

Post by Stonedecroze » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:50 pm

I had an email from the dealer yesterday, to say that Seat had finally given a build date, of week 50! They did say that it was likely to change. Today I had another email telling me that Seat had changed it to week 35, and that if that was correct I should get it the second week of September.

supreme

Post by supreme » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:46 pm

Stonedecroze wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:50 pm
I had an email from the dealer yesterday, to say that Seat had finally given a build date, of week 50! They did say that it was likely to change. Today I had another email telling me that Seat had changed it to week 35, and that if that was correct I should get it the second week of September.
Congrats. At least you have a build week. I'm still waiting mine. Last time it was week 28 but now nothing.
ATECA Xcellence 1.4 TSI, Nevada White, 360 camera, Advanced comfort & driving pack, Seat sound, Navi, Heated windscreen,Full-link, Alcantara black color, Bi-color machined alloys
Ordered 2016 Nov, but cancelled after 8 months wait time

Stonedecroze

Post by Stonedecroze » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:08 pm

I'm not holding my breath, but, of course, now I've made the decision, I want it to arrive ASAP :)

Caltsen

Post by Caltsen » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:23 pm

Hi all

Just wanted to share my experience.

I ordered a Seat Ateca Excellence 1.4 TSI DSG with quite some extra equipment, from a Danish Seat dealer December 16, 2016, where the dealer told me, i should expect upto 6 months delivery.

Around march he called me, with som good and bad news. Good was that my car had gotten a production week (week 37), the bad was, that they had exceeded the 6 months expected delivery.

3 weeks ago, he wrote me an email, saying it had again been postponed, now without a unknown production week, but it would be an unknown date in 2018. I wrote an email back, saying that i found it very weird, that i couldnt get a production week, now that i had one before, and that i would expect a price reduction, plus some other stuff. He wrote me back, not answering any of my questions and i pointed that out in a new mail. After that, i have not heard from him (think he is on holiday).

As i can not live with not knowing if and when i get my car, i decided to void the deal, and buying a slightly used Ateca. I am going to pick it up tomorrow.

Etchings

Post by Etchings » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:07 pm

Caltsen wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:23 pm
Hi all

I ordered a Seat Ateca Excellence 1.4 TSI DSG with quite some extra equipment, from a Danish Seat dealer December 16, 2016, where the dealer told me, i should expect upto 6 months delivery.

Around march he called me, with som good and bad news. Good was that my car had gotten a production week (week 37), the bad was, that they had exceeded the 6 months expected delivery.

3 weeks ago, he wrote me an email, saying it had again been postponed, now without a unknown production week, but it would be an unknown date in 2018. I wrote an email back, saying that i found it very weird, that i couldnt get a production week, now that i had one before, and that i would expect a price reduction, plus some other stuff. He wrote me back, not answering any of my questions and i pointed that out in a new mail. After that, i have not heard from him (think he is on holiday).

As i can not live with not knowing if and when i get my car, i decided to void the deal, and buying a slightly used Ateca. I am going to pick it up tomorrow.
That's unfortunate, but similar to what I experienced - the production date got pushed waaaaay out, then went to 'Unknown' for about 2 or 3 weeks, then came in again (18 -> 19 -> 31 -> 32 -> Unknown -> 26). Had you waited a couple more weeks you would have probably received a more favourable build date, but it would still have been 2 months+ and we've had other Danish posters saying about the crazy build times.

If you were happy to compromise on specifications a little and get a slightly used Ateca then good for you - you got a car you like, sooner, and probably for cheaper as it's used! Hope you enjoy your pick-up and let us know how you get on! (And welcome to the forums btw).
Now driving: Ateca XCellence 1.4 TSi in Rodium Grey with XCellence + Advanced Driving Assistance Packs, Double Boot Floor + Space Saver Spare - Ordered week 9, confirmed built week 26&27&28, arrived in UK week 30 - Collected 1st Sept 8-)

Caltsen

Post by Caltsen » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:07 pm

Etchings wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:07 pm
Caltsen wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:23 pm
Hi all

That's unfortunate, but similar to what I experienced - the production date got pushed waaaaay out, then went to 'Unknown' for about 2 or 3 weeks, then came in again (18 -> 19 -> 31 -> 32 -> Unknown -> 26). Had you waited a couple more weeks you would have probably received a more favourable build date, but it would still have been 2 months+ and we've had other Danish posters saying about the crazy build times.

If you were happy to compromise on specifications a little and get a slightly used Ateca then good for you - you got a car you like, sooner, and probably for cheaper as it's used! Hope you enjoy your pick-up and let us know how you get on! (And welcome to the forums btw).
Thank you :)

Yeah, i have heard about delivery times upto 18 months, and we simply could not wait that long. I have also heard rumers that the reason for the long delivery times in Denmark is, that the taxes on cars is so high, that Seat makes less money on each car sold.

I only had to compromise on adaptive cruise control and the wireless charger, and got panoramic sunroof, towbar and some protection for the car instead. Im quite happy about that and hope i wont miss the adaptive cruise control too much.

kee

Post by kee » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:32 am

Panoramic roof is amazing, something you can enjoy at all times to get the extra light. Assuming you're not too tall tho because it does reduce headroom. Cruise control is only really for motorways, so less frequently used in my opinion.

Enjoy and welcome!
Ordered 22/4; BW 22; collected 25/6! 1.4 SE-T DSG, Bila, s/roof, pwr boot, lower grill, rear cam, park assist, boot flr, conv pack, disco leds, tinted rears

i.e. an Xcellence with nicer wheels and minus the "old man" leather (per my missus)

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”