The place to discuss everything else..
jamesiow

Re: Skoda Karoq first look

Post by jamesiow » Fri May 19, 2017 4:59 pm

kee wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 4:57 pm
Golfmk56 wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 10:54 am
Practicality? The Karoq has the Ateca well and truely licked.
So it should be as it is 2cm longer.... :lol:

Still What Car have only given it 4 out of 5 so far and sounds like it doesn't steer/ handle as sweetly as the Ateca
If SEAT are allowed too they could easily add some of the practical stuff in the boot etc for very little outlay
ATECA SE 1.0 Technology, Petrol, Manual, Samoa Orange, Park Assist, Convenience Pack, Top view camera with rear view camera, Electric Tailgate with Virtual Pedal & Keyless Entry.

kee

Post by kee » Mon May 22, 2017 9:14 am

Having watched the review in full finally (autogefühl reviews are always long!) I'm not too fazed by the Karoq

The rear bench practicality options are admittedly clever but I find myself asking how often would I use those options. I don't have a garage so wouldn't remove the seats ever, and having them folded is more than enough. In particular, it seemed a faff for the Head of Interior design to fold all the seat backs down and that's where the Ateca's remote rear seat levers is brilliant (one up for us!)

Can't deny that I much prefer the seat trims in the Karoq tho, the cloth and alacantra/ leatherette trims look excellent, especially the latters sportier look would be perfect for the Ateca :(

Otherwise I feel they missed a trick with the digital dash. Doesn't look quite as nice graphically as the audi or even peugeot versions. Also the hand gesture central unit looks inconsistent and therefore would prove frustrating. Glad we don't have that!
Ordered 22/4; BW 22; collected 25/6! 1.4 SE-T DSG, Bila, s/roof, pwr boot, lower grill, rear cam, park assist, boot flr, conv pack, disco leds, tinted rears

i.e. an Xcellence with nicer wheels and minus the "old man" leather (per my missus)

Bagheera

Post by Bagheera » Mon May 22, 2017 9:42 am

Nick Bucks wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 12:44 pm
Anyone know if there will be a forum dedicated to Karoq purchasers as this would be useful- we cannot expect the Ateca forum to be dominated by comments / views on a competitor .
We should be discussing any model - especially if based on the same platform. Why the limitations, anyway?
1.4 TSI DSG Style - Nevada White, with Panoramic Sunroof, Front Assist, Style Pack, Virtual Pedal, Electric Boot Lid.

DSG4WD

Post by DSG4WD » Mon May 22, 2017 11:10 am

Can't deny that I much prefer the seat trims in the Karoq tho, the cloth and alacantra/ leatherette trims look excellent, especially the latters sportier look would be perfect for the Ateca :(

Don't hold your breath. Skoda are as reluctant as SEAT to allow alcantara onto the UK market.
On order - Lava blue Excellence DSG 4WD with heated windscreen, park assist, spare wheel, top view camera, adaptive cruise control and boot organiser nets.

Nick Bucks

Post by Nick Bucks » Mon May 22, 2017 12:19 pm

Bagheera wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 9:42 am
Nick Bucks wrote:
Anyone know if there will be a forum dedicated to Karoq purchasers as this would be useful- we cannot expect the Ateca forum to be dominated by comments / views on a competitor .
We should be discussing any model - especially if based on the same platform. Why the limitations, anyway?
Hi

Well Administrator Rob has already set up a similar website for the Karoq (https://www.karoqforums.co.uk) so he has read my mind. Just thought for technical issues at least it would be useful to separate the two when the Kodaq becomes available in the UK as clearly there are differences between the two models.

NorthernRY

Post by NorthernRY » Mon May 22, 2017 11:36 pm

Nick Bucks wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 12:19 pm
Bagheera wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 9:42 am
Nick Bucks wrote:
Hi

Well Administrator Rob has already set up a similar website for the Karoq (https://www.karoqforums.co.uk) so he has read my mind. Just thought for technical issues at least it would be useful to separate the two when the Kodaq becomes available in the UK as clearly there are differences between the two models.
I posted this simply because others had compared images of the two cars noting how similar they are and thought that this was reinforced in the video.

I was comparing directly to the Ateca and as others have said it's (in the general consensus) not as attractive as the Ateca but has maybe a couple of features that could be added to future Ateca's. These features could also be a hint at what's to come for the Ateca so it's all relevant info. I also posted in off topic, where we can talk about anything pretty much.

Think you're nit picking to be honest, no one is going to be buying a karoq and start posting pics here it was simply a comparison. As someone else stated - poetic license comes to mind.

kee

Post by kee » Tue May 23, 2017 12:05 pm

Yeah I think as totally biased ateca owners we can chat about anything off topic here :)
Ordered 22/4; BW 22; collected 25/6! 1.4 SE-T DSG, Bila, s/roof, pwr boot, lower grill, rear cam, park assist, boot flr, conv pack, disco leds, tinted rears

i.e. an Xcellence with nicer wheels and minus the "old man" leather (per my missus)

Kindness71

Post by Kindness71 » Tue May 23, 2017 1:06 pm

kee wrote:
Tue May 23, 2017 12:05 pm
Yeah I think as totally biased ateca owners we can chat about anything off topic here :)
Here here, did I mention I was going to Cuba this year and intend on bringing back 100 cigars ;) :lol:
Ateca Xcellence 1.4 TSI, Samoa Orange on order (11th August), Build week (52), Picked up (22nd Jan) 18", Heated Windscreen, Seat sound system, Electric Tailgate with Virtual Pedal, Double floor

CyberGene

Post by CyberGene » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:23 pm

Wondering if Karoq will also be built in the Kvasiny plant? If so, how are they going to meet the already high Ateca demand with another new car being built there?
On order (Oct 2): SEAT Ateca XCellence 4DRIVE 1.4 TSI DSG (Samoa Orange, 18" Machined, Sunroof, SEAT Sound, BSD + RCTA, ACC, Top View, Park Assist, Full Link)
Currently: SEAT Leon mk3 SC FR 1.8 TSI manual

Fred99

Post by Fred99 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:05 pm

Simple. They are replacing the Yeti with the Karoq.
1.4TSI DSG Xcellence delivered 2/3/17 after 6 months wait. Brilliant Silver. 18" machined alloys. Park Assist. 360º cameras. Power boot. All driver assists. Alcantara. SEAT sound.

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”