12V Trickle or Charge whilst car off?

The place to discuss everything else..
EDB4YLI55

12V Trickle or Charge whilst car off?

Post by EDB4YLI55 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:51 pm

I have a dashcam I want to record whilst parking.

I cannot get my Ateca to keep anything charging from the 12V port. I had an Audi A3 Quattro before it was brilliant changed without anythign in the ignition meaning the time I was at shops or anywhere I could record withe the dashcam, caught a hit and run before now. So I'd like the same ability on my Ateca, can this be changed?

Cheers.

MarkB

Re: 12V Trickle or Charge whilst car off?

Post by MarkB » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:33 pm

You could use a piggy-back fuse and power supply (I did this for the satnav in Ruth's old Yeti) - don't know how much space there is in and around the Ateca's interior fuse box, or you could plug it into the OBD port which again I haven't located in the Ateca but it should be in the driver's footwell. I was thinking of plugging a solar charger into the Jag's OBD port to keep the stop-start battery topped up. Here's a useful link:

http://www.techmoan.com/blog/2016/5/8/y ... ou-sh.html

Mark
Valet to Lava Blue 190 DSG 4Drive, owner of XF Sportbrake 2.2d 200PS

Tell

Post by Tell » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:20 pm

Mark on the OBD and fuse box, I did note in the pictures I took off the passenger foot well there were some twisty plastic lugs that looked like an access panel so I did wonder what was under there. May be all the panels have these. I never look at the drivers side.

Like this

Edit... no OBD is straight down from the main light switch you can feel it.... see

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=516
Last edited by Tell on Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ateca Xcellence 190 TDI 4Drive DSG, Rodium Grey, 19", Heated Windscreen, Navigation Plus, Seat sound, Panoramic roof, Xcellence Pack, Adv Comfort & Driving pack - on the road

Drmac

Post by Drmac » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:54 pm

EDB4YLI55 wrote:I have a dashcam I want to record whilst parking.

I cannot get my Ateca to keep anything charging from the 12V port. I had an Audi A3 Quattro before it was brilliant changed without anythign in the ignition meaning the time I was at shops or anywhere I could record withe the dashcam, caught a hit and run before now. So I'd like the same ability on my Ateca, can this be changed?

Cheers.
Did you manage to install your dash cam, in my current car I use a piggy back fuse, but trying to find a earth was a pain. Does the Ateca have ground points near the internal fuse box?
1.4TSI Xcellence, Bila White, Xcellence pack, Panoramic sunroof.
Order date: 27/11/16
Initial Provisional build date: week 17
Confirmed build date: week 5
Build complete: 6/2/17
Arrived in UK: 17/2/17
Arrived at Dealership: 2/3/17
Collection Date: 6/3/17

Affe

Post by Affe » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:57 pm

Hello,

Sorry to bump old thread but did you find ground points near the internal fuse box?

I am planning to use piggyback fuse and back wiper for ACC and 12v power outlet for Battery always on.

I'm installing BlackVue with power box and everything else went smoothly but cannot find ground.

Ps I'm assuming that Seat hasn't have anything fancy Efficientdynamics with IBS like BMW. That might cause problems when there is direct grounding.

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”