Number Plate Scrubbing

The place to discuss everything else..
Furion

Number Plate Scrubbing

Post by Furion » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:50 pm

I don't understand why people scrub their number plate in photo's, the world can see it when you are out and about !!
Furion
Ordered 27/06 : Build Completed WK40, Collected 1st Nov 19.
Ateca Xcellence Lux 2.0TDI 150 DSG 4Drive, Black Magic. MY20
Gone but not forgotten : Jaguar XF 3.0TDV6 2011

vectra

Re: Number Plate Scrubbing

Post by vectra » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:52 pm

Furion wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:50 pm
I don't understand why people scrub their number plate in photo's, the world can see it when you are out and about !!
I fully agree with this.
I often wonder if the people that do scrub them out, do they also remove them when parked in shopping centers etc? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MY19 Ateca FR 1.5Tsi DSG Velvet red, Digital cockpit, Beats audio, Winter pack, Leather, adaptive cruise, Electric boot, Kessy, Lane assist, Connectivity box, Alarm, Kessy, Rear view Camera. 8-)

Ciano

Post by Ciano » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:00 pm

Why? The way I see it, it is to reduce the risk of a genuine number plate being cloned for criminal activity.
Criminals scour sites like auto trader, car forums etc for a genuine number plate for a certain car model and colour.

Yes they can see number plate in a public place but criminals in say John o Groats prefer to clone a plate located in for arguments sake Lands Ends.
That way it reduces the risk of them parking up next to the cloned plate and getting caught.

Max2090

Post by Max2090 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:24 pm

Ciano wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:00 pm
Why? The way I see it, it is to reduce the risk of a genuine number plate being cloned for criminal activity.
Criminals scour sites like auto trader, car forums etc for a genuine number plate for a certain car model and colour.

Yes they can see number plate in a public place but criminals in say John o Groats prefer to clone a plate located in for arguments sake Lands Ends.
That way it reduces the risk of them parking up next to the cloned plate and getting caught.
Exactly
2019 1.6 Diesel SE Technology manual in metallic white.

Furion

Post by Furion » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:34 pm

Back in 96 I took delivery of a Vectra while on a training course in Shropshire. Somewhere between the hotel and Essex my plate was cloned and put on a Vectra in Manchester, the Police rang me to ask where I was, name address etc, apparently the plate had been put on a blue car, my one was black and had been stealing petrol, it wasn't a painful experience but I suppose it could be if the car was cloned in the same area matching model, colour and you started receiving toll charge fines and parking fines

These things can happen anywhere, it's usually obvious I think when there significant distances involved and cars not matching the registered details.

I can see why it would be of concern now. 👍🏼
Furion
Ordered 27/06 : Build Completed WK40, Collected 1st Nov 19.
Ateca Xcellence Lux 2.0TDI 150 DSG 4Drive, Black Magic. MY20
Gone but not forgotten : Jaguar XF 3.0TDV6 2011

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”