Car Detailing

The place to discuss everything else..
Talky12

Car Detailing

Post by Talky12 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:14 pm

Hello all
What is the best interior and exterior cleaning products, I’ve been looking at meguiars with a Ryobi polishing buffer
2019 Ateca 1.5 TSI DSG 7 Speed Xcellence, rhodium grey, collected 11/1/20

Twed701

Re: Car Detailing

Post by Twed701 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:52 pm

There are many out there that some will consider to be the best. Megs is good, Autoglym and Poorboys is very good. All depends on what you want from them really.

Youtube is probably your best place to do some reasearch. there's comparisons for polishes, swirl removers, sealants, waxes and ceramics.

Get yourself a dual action polisher too. Will take out all of the hard work!

Talky12

Post by Talky12 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:24 pm

I’ve been looking at a dual action one, I was thinking of buying snow foam to get the dirt off just unsure as to what wax to buy, the car is brand new so no rough paint or scratches etc
2019 Ateca 1.5 TSI DSG 7 Speed Xcellence, rhodium grey, collected 11/1/20

Furion

Post by Furion » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:52 pm

Talky12 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:24 pm
I’ve been looking at a dual action one, I was thinking of buying snow foam to get the dirt off just unsure as to what wax to buy, the car is brand new so no rough paint or scratches etc
I use two buckets, a few microfibre towels, microfibre wash mitt, an assortment of brushes plus a wheel brush, DA polisher with an LCD speed indicator, Autobright snow gun, Karcher jet wash, Autoglym shampoo, autobright snow foam, Autoglym polish and glazes. When I bought my Audi the dealer threw in am Autoglym lifeshine and that came with an little case with lots of different Autoglym products to maintain the interior and exterior. It does what I want it to. The new Audi picking up on Saturday has Autoglym carbon shield, keen to see how that is and. If it requires a polishing after a was, I am told it doesn’t .

Meg have a product called “ceramic wax” I’ve been thinking of giving it go on the Ateca, one application lasts about 3 months.

Have a look on the “Detailing World” forum, some very good advice on there and product reviews by professional detail providers. https://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/index.php

A DA polisher is an important tool, don’t use an orbital machine like a drill you will burn the paint, a DA if used correctly will not burn paint because it’s never on the same bit of bodywork even if you hold it still ( but don’t hold it stil), check out YouTube plenty of instructional videos how to use a DA.
Furion
Ordered 27/06 : Build Completed WK40, Collected 1st Nov 19.
Ateca Xcellence Lux 2.0TDI 150 DSG 4Drive, Black Magic. MY20
Gone but not forgotten : Jaguar XF 3.0TDV6 2011

skk

Post by skk » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:29 am

Talky12 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:14 pm
Hello all
What is the best interior and exterior cleaning products, I’ve been looking at meguiars with a Ryobi polishing buffer
Hi

If it is a new car then apply a good ceramic coating to your paintwork. Something from Gtechniq or Gyeon . They last a year easily if you maintain it regularly.
For interior protection I suggest to use dedicated products for each material (carpet, leather, plastic). Again, my favourite is Gtechniq.

About cleaning:
Exterior- snowfoam (BiltHamber autofoam or Autofinesse Avalanche). Then use a good soap and a 2 bucket method. Sometimes tar or iron particle removers must be used

Interior- an APC mix 1:10 will do fine everywhere (BiltHamber Surfex, Autofinesse Verso)

PSC21

Post by PSC21 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:04 pm

I have waxed my car with BiltHamber , I have arthritus in my hands so have tried Autoglym, Fusso, Poorboys,Megulars , with and without d/a polishers on varius new cars over the last few years. For me it is betweem the Bilthamber and Fusso for best finish but the Bilthamber is best in my eyes. From what I read the ceramic coatings need several hours to go off , as my cars sit outside this was not an option.
FRS Velvet Red. Collected 17/1/20 Replacing 2018 Tiguan SEL Bitdi 4motion DSG , Replaced 2017 Leon Cupra.

vectra

Post by vectra » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:39 pm

PSC21 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:04 pm
I have waxed my car with BiltHamber , I have arthritus in my hands so have tried Autoglym, Fusso, Poorboys,Megulars , with and without d/a polishers on varius new cars over the last few years. For me it is betweem the Bilthamber and Fusso for best finish but the Bilthamber is best in my eyes. From what I read the ceramic coatings need several hours to go off , as my cars sit outside this was not an option.
I am in the same both with the hands,
Bilt hamber will seem easier to apply/remove and might look glossier.
Fusso is simple to apply/remove if a bit of care is taken during application, but will certainly outlive the Bilt Hamber.

Ceramic coating can be applied outdoors with a bit of care and attention to weather.
I did a Passat B8 with Cquartz CK uk a few years ago and it worked out fine.
I am contemplating machine polishing my ateca once the weather improves and applying Migliore Strata coating.
MY19 Ateca FR 1.5Tsi DSG Velvet red, Digital cockpit, Beats audio, Winter pack, Leather, adaptive cruise, Electric boot, Kessy, Lane assist, Connectivity box, Alarm, Kessy, Rear view Camera. 8-)