How old is the Ateca driver ?

The place to discuss everything else..
Maxke

Re: How old is the Ateca driver ?

Post by Maxke » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:43 pm

Haha thanks we’ll need it but you never know.
After the game of today (5-2) i think we have a good chance @ winning some more matches.
ordered 31/3/18 : ATECA 1.5 TSI FR Black Magic ,digital cockpit, sunroof,towbar,...
Builddate : week 45
Delivery: 30/11/2018

Bedlam

Post by Bedlam » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:51 pm

No problem, I am 67 and therefore watched England win the World Cup in 1966.
So let's see how our games tomorrow and next Thursday vs Belgium pan out
Ateca 2.0 TDi Xcellence DSG 4Drive in Black Magic, 19" Exclusive Wheels, Top View Camera, Park Assist, Virtual Tailgate Pedal, Heated Windscreen

Matthijs82

Post by Matthijs82 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:46 pm

Bedlam wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:21 am
@Matthijs82s
You need to focus on Belgium exiting the World Cup early instead of ageist insults
I'm not from Belgium, so really don't care. The lazy **cks here didnt even qualify.
Too bad you guys are out. (was rooting for England)

And the reason I'm sad is due to the fact that the dealer won't even mention a possible deliverydate :shock:
Velvet Red Ateca 1.5 DSG FR Business Intense + virtual cockpit, 19" RS7 wheels, several VCDS-coding options added

Plusgas

Post by Plusgas » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:39 pm

I am 66, but still very active - enjoying the car and had an amazing trip around Scotland in March. We even took the ferry to Skye!

IMG_1684.JPG

IMG_1720.JPG

IMG_1743.JPG

IMG_1785.JPG

Ateca 2.0 TDI Xcellence DGS 4WD 19" Alloys Pan Roof :roll:

Flakmunky

Post by Flakmunky » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:23 pm

Skye is a fantastic place... We also took the ferry, but not in winter!
Xcellence 2.0 TDI 190 DSG 4Drive in Lava Blue.

Fully loaded:
Adaptive Cruise Control, Digital Cockpit, Top View, Lane Assist, Park Assist, Traffic Jam Assist, High Beam Assist, Traffic Sign Recognition, Blind Spot Detection & Rear Cross Traffic Alert

O.Lee

Post by O.Lee » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:35 pm

Combined age of Ateca and myself... 41, both feel rather a few years younger though!
Ateca 1.5 EcoTSI, 110 KW, (150 CV) Start/Stop Xcellence Plus 2018 model

The_Chap

Post by The_Chap » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:22 pm

Hi All

Just bought a 2017 1.4 TSI, manual, Nevada white, Xcellence. I am 62!

Tyre pressure: What should it be The manual refers you to look at the rear of front left door. No info in my car.

Disappointed with ingress of dirt from the rear wheels. Is there a mod for this?

tobydog

Post by tobydog » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:42 pm

Hi there. Welcome to the forum. Your 215/50/18 tyres have a range of 32 to 36 psi. The 32 setting is supposed to be the “comfort” setting but not a big difference compared to 36. Handling feels taughter but firmer with 36.

The dirt in the real door opening was a common complaint when the Ateca first came out. Not heard it mentioned for some time now so maybe there has been a modification. It’s only because you’ve bought an earlier one that it’s resurrected itself again. I tend to wait until it’s dry and then brush it off with a soft brush. Occasionally have to pick small stones out of the drainage hole. Seat explained that this location is treated as a wet zone and therefore it can handle being damp.
Ordered March 20, 2017: 1.4TSI Xcellence manual in Rodium Grey. Extras - heated screen, SEAT Sound / Spare Wheel. Delivered and picked up on June 22, 2017 :D

silent ninja

Post by silent ninja » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:19 pm

I used to work at JLR. The marketing team often had the ideal buyer persona in mind for each car. Such as "he/she is a professional aged 27 with a young family. Lives in the city, but likes going outdoors. Image conscious but needs functionality. Own 2 dogs." Etc

You'd be surprised then to compare with data of who ACTUALLY buys the car. I can't remember the stats but 70-80 odd percent of all car buyers were above 40 years old regardless of brand.

So the marketing thing works , no matter the car, to design something that's desirable... it's just that it's desirable to an average age 20 years older! This applies to 'young' hip cars like the Evoque as well as more mature saloons like say the E Class.

So don't take the age thing in this thread as an indicator of the Ateca buyer. It's an indicator of general car buyers, many of whom are over 50 normally anyway.

I'm 36 and have an FR Sport on the way. Never owned a SEAT before. Previous cars: BMW 4 series, Astra, Corolla, Polo. The choice was driven by my wife: she wanted an SUV and liked the Qashqai or Sportage. I took her to see a Tiguan - she didn't like it, too masculine - I agree, needs to have feminine/masculine balance (just look at the F Type for example). Looked at an X3 - just about affordable but again she didn't like it and said it was too big and baulked at what we'd be paying given we're saving for a house. I didn't like the QQ or Sportage, found them slightly too feminine. Also looked at Audi Q5 but deals were quite poor via carwow and Drive the Deal for the S Line.

Took the wife and two kids (13 & 16) to a SEAT dealership. They all loved the FR Ateca on display. Kids ranked Tiguan then Ateca, adults Ateca then Tiguan. Finance offer excellent. So we vetoed the kids and ordered the 1.5TSI FR Sport :)

FrAteca

Post by FrAteca » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:46 pm

31..only got it due to the kids..in a few years will be passing the suv to the mrs and get myself a golf r or something more to my taste

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”