Skoda Karoq first look

The place to discuss everything else..
NorthernRY

Skoda Karoq first look

Post by NorthernRY » Fri May 19, 2017 12:54 am

Autogefuhl have a decent video of the new Skoda Karoq.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL3wvDuCtNk

Crazily similar in terms of looks but to me looks like a slightly worse looking version of the Ateca.

The fully electronic dash is pretty cool but in terms of looks I think the Ateca has it beat. The rear seating and boot space looks cool at around 19 mins onwards.

Skoda Karoq Forum

jamesiow

Re: Skoda Karoq first look

Post by jamesiow » Fri May 19, 2017 6:39 am

The boot and the rear seat options are going to be the Ateca 'killer'. Hopefully SEAT will for model year 18 of the Ateca will incorporate at least more practical options in the boot. And hopefully we can all retro fit them too.

I don't get the all digital dash, surly SEAT should have had that 1st!
ATECA SE 1.0 Technology, Petrol, Manual, Samoa Orange, Park Assist, Convenience Pack, Top view camera with rear view camera, Electric Tailgate with Virtual Pedal, Keyless Entry & Rear Sunblinds.

supreme

Post by supreme » Fri May 19, 2017 8:06 am

From outside i dont like Karoq especially backlights.
Also Seat Ateca 2018 production version has now movable rear seat only for 4drive versions. In germany many opted out for DCC seats and changed for that who havent got confirmed orders yet.

Only real upgrade over Ateca is 9.2" screen, fully digital display and bit bigger boot.

I'm waiting to see the pricing. It will most likely cost quite more with all the extras. Skoda is known to ask extra money for every small thing unless you go really plain simple base version.
ATECA Xcellence 1.4 TSI
Ordered 2016 Nov, but cancelled after 8 months wait time
Bought Karoq 1.5TSI DSG

SparK

Post by SparK » Fri May 19, 2017 8:41 am

Not for me. Never really liked the look of a Skoda but as you say, some rear options might be challenging to the Ateca for those who are not fussy on looks or who actually find it to look better.

I like the fully electronic screen. I noticed as they scrolled the zoom on the navigation, that it was slow and jittery. Is it the same on the Ateca?
1.4TSI XC

Golfmk56

Post by Golfmk56 » Fri May 19, 2017 10:54 am

For me the exterior all looks a bit too plain, almost similar to the first Sportage and Tucson's that appeared in the UK - the creases on the Ateca panels make it far more interesting.

Inside - I prefer the look of the Ateca too. And if that digital dash were available on the SEAT that's another option I wouldn't have chosen - not sure what benefit it brings but it's certainly more distracting.

Practicality? The Karoq has the Ateca well and truely licked.

Nick Bucks

Post by Nick Bucks » Fri May 19, 2017 12:44 pm

Anyone know if there will be a forum dedicated to Karoq purchasers as this would be useful- we cannot expect the Ateca forum to be dominated by comments / views on a competitor .

NeilW

Post by NeilW » Fri May 19, 2017 12:48 pm

There's the Briskoda forum which covers all Skoda models. I expect they'll have a Karoq specific area.
1.4 Excellence in Rodium Grey with mud flaps. Collected 21st Jan 2017.

Golfmk56

Post by Golfmk56 » Fri May 19, 2017 1:05 pm

Nick Bucks wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 12:44 pm
- we cannot expect the Ateca forum to be dominated by comments / views on a competitor .
'
Dominated ? :oops: Err I think you might be guilty of poetic licence on that one.

And given that the topic has been posted under 'Off-Topic Chat', can't see the problem myself.

tobydog

Post by tobydog » Fri May 19, 2017 1:42 pm

Bugger - I quite like it :( . Probably because it looks very similar to the Ateca. Looks good in white but the showroom lights seem to hide some of the lower body creases copied over from the Ateca. Not overly keen on the snout though. That lower plastic grille gives it a bit of a cheesy grin.
Ordered March 20, 2017: 1.4TSI Xcellence manual in Rodium Grey. Extras - heated screen, SEAT Sound / Spare Wheel. Delivered and picked up on June 22, 2017 :D

kee

Post by kee » Fri May 19, 2017 4:57 pm

Golfmk56 wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 10:54 am
Practicality? The Karoq has the Ateca well and truely licked.
So it should be as it is 2cm longer.... :lol:

Still What Car have only given it 4 out of 5 so far and sounds like it doesn't steer/ handle as sweetly as the Ateca
Ordered 22/4; BW 22; collected 25/6! 1.4 SE-T DSG, Bila, s/roof, pwr boot, lower grill, rear cam, park assist, boot flr, conv pack, disco leds, tinted rears

i.e. an Xcellence with nicer wheels and minus the "old man" leather (per my missus)

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”