Skoda Karoq first look

The place to discuss everything else..
CyberGene

Re: Skoda Karoq first look

Post by CyberGene » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:38 pm

IMO Karoq is much uglier than the Ateca, looks like a car for grandfathers :D From what I hear it has a softer ride at the expense of lack of driving pleasure compared to the Ateca that behaves more like a regular hatchback.

Another (market variation?) difference that's important to me is that in Bulgaria there's no petrol AWD version of Karoq which is a deal breaker to me. I hate diesel cars and I am convinced they will soon be a thing from the past (petrols too, but they'll be around for a bit longer than diesels).
SEAT Ateca XCellence 4DRIVE 1.4 TSI DSG (Samoa Orange, 18" Machined, Sunroof, SEAT Sound, BSD + RCTA, ACC, Top View, Park Assist, Full Link) Ordered Oct 2, Built Nov 15, Delivered Dec 22 '17

Golfmk56

Post by Golfmk56 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:26 pm

I quite like the WhatCar? summary - it starts off by saying "So it’s a Czech rather than Catalan revolution..."

Catalan! Are both cars not built side-by-side in Kvasiny, Czech Republic? :lol:

vectra

Post by vectra » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:56 am

KamDelf wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:33 pm
For me this is quite obvious, the egg.
No chicken without an egg.
What is your take on this?K, so where did the first ever egg come from? A chicken... but where did the chicken come from?
its obvious that this dumb argument will have no ending

Id say chicken
The egg came first.

Davidj241

Post by Davidj241 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:28 pm

Having driven Skoda Superbs for the last 10 years it is now time to downsize and I looked at the Karoq, but found the ride too soft but more important, the “extras” that are currently in my Superb would have added almost £4k to the list price🤔

Having read reviews on the Ateca I took a couple of test drives ( different models) and loved the handling. When I checked the specifications the Excelence Lux had everything my current Superb has and some! and the price, (using Carwow) was extremely competitive with a basic Karoq.
That sealed it for me and I ordered my Excelence Lux in Samoa Orange at the end of March and will be picking it up 1st Sept so just under 3 weeks to go😀
I’ll let you know how I get on with my 1st non-Skoda shortly.

Max2090

Post by Max2090 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:53 pm

vectra wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:56 am
KamDelf wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:33 pm
For me this is quite obvious, the egg.
No chicken without an egg.
What is your take on this?K, so where did the first ever egg come from? A chicken... but where did the chicken come from?
its obvious that this dumb argument will have no ending

Id say chicken

The egg came first.
An egg and a chicken lying in bed and the eggs having a fag...
Answers that question.
2019 1.6 Diesel SE Technology manual in metallic white.

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”