Skoda Karoq first look

The place to discuss everything else..
CyberGene

Re: Skoda Karoq first look

Post by CyberGene » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:38 pm

IMO Karoq is much uglier than the Ateca, looks like a car for grandfathers :D From what I hear it has a softer ride at the expense of lack of driving pleasure compared to the Ateca that behaves more like a regular hatchback.

Another (market variation?) difference that's important to me is that in Bulgaria there's no petrol AWD version of Karoq which is a deal breaker to me. I hate diesel cars and I am convinced they will soon be a thing from the past (petrols too, but they'll be around for a bit longer than diesels).
SEAT Ateca XCellence 4DRIVE 1.4 TSI DSG (Samoa Orange, 18" Machined, Sunroof, SEAT Sound, BSD + RCTA, ACC, Top View, Park Assist, Full Link) Ordered Oct 2, Built Nov 15, Delivered Dec 22 '17

Golfmk56

Post by Golfmk56 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:26 pm

I quite like the WhatCar? summary - it starts off by saying "So it’s a Czech rather than Catalan revolution..."

Catalan! Are both cars not built side-by-side in Kvasiny, Czech Republic? :lol:

vectra

Post by vectra » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:56 am

KamDelf wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:33 pm
For me this is quite obvious, the egg.
No chicken without an egg.
What is your take on this?K, so where did the first ever egg come from? A chicken... but where did the chicken come from?
its obvious that this dumb argument will have no ending

Id say chicken
The egg came first.
MY19 Ateca FR 1.5Tsi DSG Velvet red, Digital cockpit, Beats audio, Winter pack, Leather, adaptive cruise, Electric boot, Kessy, Lane assist, Connectivity box, Alarm, Kessy, Rear view Camera. 8-)

Davidj241

Post by Davidj241 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:28 pm

Having driven Skoda Superbs for the last 10 years it is now time to downsize and I looked at the Karoq, but found the ride too soft but more important, the “extras” that are currently in my Superb would have added almost £4k to the list price🤔

Having read reviews on the Ateca I took a couple of test drives ( different models) and loved the handling. When I checked the specifications the Excelence Lux had everything my current Superb has and some! and the price, (using Carwow) was extremely competitive with a basic Karoq.
That sealed it for me and I ordered my Excelence Lux in Samoa Orange at the end of March and will be picking it up 1st Sept so just under 3 weeks to go😀
I’ll let you know how I get on with my 1st non-Skoda shortly.

Max2090

Post by Max2090 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:53 pm

vectra wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:56 am
KamDelf wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:33 pm
For me this is quite obvious, the egg.
No chicken without an egg.
What is your take on this?K, so where did the first ever egg come from? A chicken... but where did the chicken come from?
its obvious that this dumb argument will have no ending

Id say chicken

The egg came first.
An egg and a chicken lying in bed and the eggs having a fag...
Answers that question.
2019 1.6 Diesel SE Technology manual in metallic white.