CUP HOLDERS

The place to discuss everything else..
Welshman

CUP HOLDERS

Post by Welshman » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:04 am

Several of the group have mentioned the ridiculous depth of the cup holders, a part that I rarely use for its supposed function. I have spotted these on the Amazon UK site, sold as Audi S-Line Cup Holder Ashtray Storage Bin with LED night-light. I do not smoke, but the "ashtray" could be a coin holder or even a cup holder. The measurements are shown below; would they be applicable in the Ateca too please? The asymmetric appearance of the cup holders leads me to suspect that the basic frame might be the same as (or similar to) that in the Audi.
Can anyone advise please?

Cup Holder fillers.JPG

Cup Holder fillers 2.JPG

Cup Holder fillers 3.JPG

Retser

Re: CUP HOLDERS

Post by Retser » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:17 pm

Looks like the thing I could use. And you are absolutely right, I'm not a smoker either. So, this is the most unnecessary part of my ride. I think I can use it as a trash or something.

Welshman

Re: CUP HOLDERS

Post by Welshman » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:01 am

If you are prepared to wait and do not object to purchasing from Trumpland, then Aliexpress have the same thing for half the price. I will remove the "shelf" inside the ashtray to make for easier use.
Aliexpress have them listed as "car Ash Tray Ashtray Storage Cup For seat ateca mercedes mini cooper golf 7 bmw m serie 1 opel insignia Accessories" at $7.5

4.jpg

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”