Anyone ordered from JCB Ashford?

The place to discuss everything else..
Legod2

Anyone ordered from JCB Ashford?

Post by Legod2 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:41 pm

Hey guys

Just placed an order with JCB Ashford a coupe of weeks ago - been told 6 months lead time - makes me want to cry!

The same car I ordered (before cancelling) with FC Barnes - told me 3 months lead time.

How can lead times be sooo different if they are both main dealers?

Also - anyone dealt with JCB for their order? They don't seem very forthcoming with any info or updates!! Only went with them as they were £800 cheaper! (means my pan roof was ALMOST free! Lol!)

Would be great to get some background info!!

Thanks!
2.0 TSI 4Drive DSG Xcellence, Rodium Grey, Pan Roof, Pask Assist, Elec Tailgate, Heated Windscreen, 19" Bi Colour Alloys - ordered wk 11, build wk 20, shipped wk 20, in UK wk 21, at dealership wk 22, ready for collection wk 23! FINALLY! :mrgreen:

Golfmk56

Re: Anyone ordered from JCB Ashford?

Post by Golfmk56 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:01 pm

Can't speak for their SEAT dealership but I bought a car from their Honda operation in Ashford via a broker - saving was almost £2000 compared to local dealers, in fact it was about £2000 cheaper than JCB were selling to their customers too! ( their own demo was about £1000 more than I paid for a brand new one ).

Unusually for a Honda I hit major reliability issues with the car - as the supplying dealer JCB Honda wiped their hands clean of any responsibility (they were responsible by law).

It's a long story, I'm sure their other franchises will be different, but because of my personal experience with JCB Group, I can't recommend them.

nitrous

Post by nitrous » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:29 pm

I got my Ateca Xcellence from them. Ordered July 17, collected Jan 18.
Their ETA was pretty accurate at the time, but the car arrived and sat on their forecourt for a couple of weeks over Christmas without anyone contacting me (Grrrr!). However, the salesman knew his products, all the paperwork was locked in at deposit time (including fin rate and pricing/discounts).
My recommendation would be to get the deal you want, get the SEAT order number form their administrator and get your updates directly from SEAT customer service (who I found very helpful).
It sounds like you've got a pretty good price. But I can't advise on their ability or lack thereof to procure a production slot any faster or slower than any other dealer.
Good Luck!

Legod2

Post by Legod2 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:42 pm

Golfmk56 wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:01 pm
Can't speak for their SEAT dealership but I bought a car from their Honda operation in Ashford via a broker - saving was almost £2000 compared to local dealers, in fact it was about £2000 cheaper than JCB were selling to their customers too! ( their own demo was about £1000 more than I paid for a brand new one ).

Unusually for a Honda I hit major reliability issues with the car - as the supplying dealer JCB Honda wiped their hands clean of any responsibility (they were responsible by law).

It's a long story, I'm sure their other franchises will be different, but because of my personal experience with JCB Group, I can't recommend them.
Sounds promising - NOT! Thanks! Good to be weary of the group!
2.0 TSI 4Drive DSG Xcellence, Rodium Grey, Pan Roof, Pask Assist, Elec Tailgate, Heated Windscreen, 19" Bi Colour Alloys - ordered wk 11, build wk 20, shipped wk 20, in UK wk 21, at dealership wk 22, ready for collection wk 23! FINALLY! :mrgreen:

Legod2

Post by Legod2 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:51 pm

nitrous wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:29 pm
I got my Ateca Xcellence from them. Ordered July 17, collected Jan 18.
Their ETA was pretty accurate at the time, but the car arrived and sat on their forecourt for a couple of weeks over Christmas without anyone contacting me (Grrrr!). However, the salesman knew his products, all the paperwork was locked in at deposit time (including fin rate and pricing/discounts).
My recommendation would be to get the deal you want, get the SEAT order number form their administrator and get your updates directly from SEAT customer service (who I found very helpful).
It sounds like you've got a pretty good price. But I can't advise on their ability or lack thereof to procure a production slot any faster or slower than any other dealer.
Good Luck!
I’ve ordered an Ateca Xcellence too... So it sounds like their quoted lead time is likely to be correct - gutted!

Oh no way - I’d have been so annoyed - I’d have tried to get some comp out of them lol! You’re paying a fortune for service and to not get it would annoy the heck out of me!

Who did you deal with there?

I had to chase for the finance paperwork... I had to chase for the finance sheet for my numbers... I had to chase for the deposit to be taken... I had to chase for the order number 😡

Haha - yeah I have been!! I read on here somewhere you can contact Seat UK directly - so just been doing that! Still no build week 😭

Yeah we got a great price - but our lead time is longer - but it’s not a major issue as we have a car in the meantime... I’m just impatient 🤣 Just find it strange all dealers don’t have a similar lead time... JCB is double the other dealer! Other dealer had a build week for me already and a delivery date - which got brought forward! I would have had it end of May - poss a bit sooner!

PJM

Post by PJM » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:31 am

I ordered from them and after a long series of mishaps cancelled and bought elsewhere. Long thread on it somewhere. Lets just say I wont buy a new car from there again.

I am over it now but would just be receiving my car if my order had stood from april 2017, nuff said!
Xcellence 2.0 tdi 4drive, 19" performance alloys, Black Magic, wiggly foot, top cam, park assist, ceramic coat.

Legod2

Post by Legod2 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:47 am

PJM wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:31 am
I ordered from them and after a long series of mishaps cancelled and bought elsewhere. Long thread on it somewhere. Lets just say I wont buy a new car from there again.

I am over it now but would just be receiving my car if my order had stood from april 2017, nuff said!
oh god :(

Legod2

Post by Legod2 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:49 am

PJM wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:31 am

Just saw the other post - and asked a load of questions! LOL!

What a nightmare!! I'm a bit worried now!!

Golfmk56

Post by Golfmk56 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:39 pm

Legod2 wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:49 am
Just saw the other post - and asked a load of questions! LOL!

What a nightmare!! I'm a bit worried now!!
To be honest if you ask the same question of any dealership you'll always find people with a negative experience. Just because we had trouble doesn't mean to say everyone does.

The handover with my car from JCB Group went perfectly, just like the handover of my SEAT from Arnold Shark. Aftersales from JCB was non-existant, aftersales from Shark? Well service dept recently told me a load of cobblers.

Doesn't matter where you go or even how 'loyal' a customer you've been in the past, whether you pay a bargain price or whether you pay full list price + a host of insurance backups, the one thing you need with any purchase is luck.

Legod2

Post by Legod2 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:29 pm

Soooo frustrated!! Just spoke to Seat UK about order - as JCB been pretty crap! We wanted to car ASAP and mentioned this to the dealer.

Seat UK said there is a specific note on my order from the dealer that says August delivery as per customers request. WTF?

I've emailed the broker and I've also emailed Seat UK directly - asking what is going on.

I think if I went elsewhere and placed an order now - a month after my original order - I'd get the car sooner than JCB can!!!

Annoyed!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”