Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

Odbeleven Android Tool

87K views 136 replies 20 participants last post by  pch 
#1 ·
Members of the German site are splashing out on buying the Odbeleven module that works via Bluetooth with an Android device 4.0 and above to adjust / read the ODB stuff. You need the Pro version to get maximum control and the have "credits" which I think are micro payments. Manufacture have a 40 percent off Xmas offer.

You can see what the German folk are saying under ODB

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=https://www.ateca-forum.de/&prev=search

The manufactuers website is this where it can be ordered

https://obdeleven.com/#section-6

or which is what I did downloaded the Android app and ordered it from there with the ring pull easy remove Pro option. Comes to £54.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.voltasit.obdeleven

The Ateca is supported

http://obdeleven.proboards.com/

& someone appears to have programmed their mirrors to drop already on the Ateca....

For the technically minded. I stumbled over the device when looking for the Galileo settings last night.

See less See more
#102 ·
The Pro version only puts it up by £15 or something. Without it you have to use the micro payment apps which at the minute for the Ateca are limited. To do VCDS type of stuff you need the pro it's more cost effective than VCDS although won't do everything. You can download the app without buying the dongle and check it out. You can have a number of cars held against it so yes it isn't tethered to one car.

This is the idiots guide for the Ateca of tested things if you read from the top, watch the YouTube videos etc work to the results screens and indexes to the Spanish board that have some additional Ateca tested stuff. The German boards keeps off some stuff which breaks German law which is here.

You can mess your car up if you don't use it in a carefull fashion. I keep off engine management things. Reading just error codes before a service or when things go wrong is worth the money, it gives you the same diagnostic information as a dealer so you know whether issues have been addressed or not. I knew that my build had been messed up on the heated wing mirror and added it to the list of issues to fix based on the obdeleven output. They missed that on the pre delivery inspection and taking it off transport mode. Turned out they never plugged in the heated wing mirror power cable at build but says alot about dealers picking up issues that VCDS show that they ignore.

If you are interested in how the cars systems work it's a usefull tool and you can twigg with certain things in a sensible manner or not. The not is down to the individual.

#103 ·
Cheers tell, don't really wanna fork out £50 just to have an automatically dipping mirror lol (i'd be too scared to change anything else :lol: )

#104 ·
Tell said:
I can now report success on the mirror dip. For the Ateca there is currently no app in ODBELEVEN so it's free and all long coding can be done but you have to master the application screens and swallow.

Zebster in the first two posts on obdeleven support thread covers the majority but it was not clear where the "spiegel" menu was that's gives you "Menuesteuerung Spiegelabsenkung" and "Spiegelabsenkung bei Rueckwaertsfahrt". It's hiding under "Spiegelverstellung".

Basically two procedures are required to get the mirror dip, enable the menu via control unit 09 and enable the passenger door electronics under 52 to dip.

Folding Right Mirror in Rear
Select Control unit 52 (Türelektr. Beifahr.)
Control unit Long Coding (toggle on by hitting the top sliding bar 0-1 icon)
Byte 04
Bit 2-Activate
Bit 3-Activate (do the tick)
Select Control unit 09 (Central Electrics)
Access Code 31347
Adaptation
Tap Spiegelverstellung
(15) Access Control 2-Spiegelabsenkung bei Rueckwaertsfahrt
Value=Active
(20) Access Control 2-Menuesteuerung Spiegelabsenkung
Value=Active (do the tick)
I've added a bit more to Zebster instructions above... which are very good and thank him for that. Oh yes and it's L mirror position for RHD, R for LHD, doesn't effect the coding.

Will add a sequence of screens below.
Magic

Thank you....

#106 ·
Did you use the security code 20103 with the instructions I posted earlier. Engine should be running etc. I did leave off the security code by mistake.

It isn't that thou. Seems to be an error created by the manufacturer. One example

http://obdeleven.proboards.com/thread/938/description-data-error

You should report it, do what they suggested. Probably an update issue they have created. It appears a number of times on a Google. I can't check it myself till the end of the week. So yes appears to be a software bug at their end.

#107 ·
That's what I thought, I suspect they have changed the definitions for the Ateca at the server end of ODBeleven since you made your changes. Would be interested if you get the same error when you get a chance.

I will contact ODBeleven support to let them know

Barry

#108 ·
barryp said:
That's what I thought, I suspect they have changed the definitions for the Ateca at the server end of ODBeleven since you made your changes. Would be interested if you get the same error when you get a chance.

I will contact ODBeleven support to let them know

Barry
There was an app update yesterday to 0.8.3.7. Connecting up it also seemed to do an update to the dongle and the update notes mention a software fix. So all is fine now Barry. Clear to go. As mentioned 20103 is the security code for Gateway 19.

#109 ·
Hi Tell

I saw the update yesterday and tried it and like you it updated the dongle, but sadly it still has the same problem :-(

Just out of interest did you actually try and access adaptations on the gateway today? The error comes up before you get to enter the security code.

Another thing I would be interested in knowing (assuming it still works for you), is what car shows up in your garage, mine (read from the car) shows up as a 2107 Ateca, I am assuming yours is a 2016 one, not sure if that would make them behave differently...

Barry

#110 ·
AUTOMATIC FOLDING OF REAR VIEW MIRRORS WITH ONE SHORT PRESS

Credited to the Spanish board this can done with the Obdeleven following these instructions

A. Module 09, select Adaptations

Azure Communication Device Screenshot Font Gadget

B. Select Spiegelverstellung

Font Screenshot Rectangle Software Technology

C. Select Funk Spiegelanklappung Modus & change to "by look command via remote control key", check and provide security code 31347

Azure Font Operating system Screenshot Software

Product Azure Font Operating system Screenshot

Atmosphere Azure Font Operating system Screenshot

Product Font Rectangle Screenshot Material property

This has now removed the long press to close the mirrors on the remote or door Kessy part to single touch. Mirrors can be folded in on the twiddly knob also.

An additional setup menu "Fold in when parked" is provided which turns on and off auto close on the single touch. Twiddly knob still works.

Gadget Netbook Font Audio equipment Display device

These are all VAG menus which can be configured via the OBD port. Saves two seconds each time you lock the car and wish to fold the mirrors in. If you don't want them dancing in and out can turn the feature off on the menu or the twiddly knob to fold in. Useful when loading and unloading the car on many journeys back and forth.

Attachments

#111 ·
barryp said:
Hi Tell

I saw the update yesterday and tried it and like you it updated the dongle, but sadly it still has the same problem :-(

Just out of interest did you actually try and access adaptations on the gateway today? The error comes up before you get to enter the security code.

Another thing I would be interested in knowing (assuming it still works for you), is what car shows up in your garage, mine (read from the car) shows up as a 2107 Ateca, I am assuming yours is a 2016 one, not sure if that would make them behave differently...

Barry
Barry did you buy the Pro version of it since you need that to do your own programming, I guess you did, you can only use their micropayment apps if you didn't, so I don't know what that throws up if you try to enter Adaptations without it.

Yes it does show Ateca 2017 in my garage. Yes I went into the gateway no problems and still shows 12v for stop start :). So yes I did.

When I Googled the error last week there was talk of the need to have a good data connection as well as bugs at their end. Being a cheapskate I use someone's Fon close to where the car is parked. That has always been fine apart from when the signal drops away but I've never seen that message.

I suppose you could clear the garage and start again. Swipe to the right as I recall or left. May be they still have a programming bug and since I've been into this module already it doesn't give me an issue. I would take it up with them if self help isn't getting anywhere.

#112 ·
Hi Tell

Yes I did buy the Pro version, have managed to set up the auto folding wing mirrors without any problem, but that is not done via the gateway.

I did report the error via help last week and they replied that they were looking at a fix and I kind of hoped the update yesterday would fix it, but no luck.

At least I know it "can work" if it works for you, just a tad annoying that it doesn't work for me for some reason. Will try and be patient for the next update...

Barry

#113 ·
Oh well... I'd check they didn't put threw another update today when you connect it up, just in case they slipped another update threw today different from yesterday via the dongle, I'd never seen that one before. People had also un installed the program, cleared out the cache but you would end up reconfiguring everything again.

The stop start fix works perfectly and you need it down here where cars hurtle around the roundabouts without gaps, any miss timing introduced by SS would be a disaster.

#115 ·
Glad you got your issue sorted Barry. I never did get that issue. Playstore and the app still place me on 0.8.3.7 so I'll leave alone till I get an update offered.

#116 ·
Is there a definitive list now of all the mods that work in one place?

Are the following possible?

1. Is there a setting to drive with the 360 deg camera on?

2. Can you change a 150 bhp into a 170bhp or change the settings of sport mod to make even more sporty?

3. Can you remote start car from key fob with demister set to max on frosty mornings?

#117 ·
Just got my odbeleven and not sure where to start but after reading the whole section and printing it all off thought i would start with something simple. Tailgate bleeps.

Followed the instructions below but when i hols the green tick to confirm it asks for a code? Bit no code in the instructions is mentioned?

Can anyone help? need to master this one before i try any of the others.

Adaptation
Control unit: 6D Deck Lid Control Unit
Name: Ausstattungen aktivieren
Values:
Tone sensor:
Old value: active
New value: not active

#118 ·
1970ateca said:
Just got my odbeleven and not sure where to start but after reading the whole section and printing it all off thought i would start with something simple. Tailgate bleeps.

Followed the instructions below but when i hols the green tick to confirm it asks for a code? Bit no code in the instructions is mentioned?

Can anyone help? need to master this one before i try any of the others.

Adaptation
Control unit: 6D Deck Lid Control Unit
Name: Ausstattungen aktivieren
Values:
Tone sensor:
Old value: active
New value: not active
Tell mentioned it on previous posts on this very thread a few pages back, but for speed of access the codes can be found here on the Spanish forums (courtesy of Google Translate): https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&sl=es&sp=nmt4&tl=en&u=https://www.clubseatateca.com/temas/codificando-con-obdeleven-procesos-verificados.2417/&usg=ALkJrhi2CmFw1TYe0fA7Vpw4rSwFjIEzYA#post-97726

Not that I'm recommending you do this of course :shock:

#120 ·
1970ateca said:
Just read through all the posts again and can see the code for control unit 9 but no code for control unit 6d?

Also cant find it on the link.

Am i missing the obvious !!!
Ah, no you're right - so resorting to google to search this forum in lieu of the dark art of this forum search and I think here's what you're after:
https://www.atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=567

Tell said:
The Ateca German forumn have details via Vagcom codes that's listed on ODBeleven on this board where we been covering the ODB subject.

http://atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=516

In that thread I link to the page where they list off the modifications

The link on the German board is this

https://www.ateca-forum.de/index.php/Thread/2223-Deaktivierung-der-Warnt%C3%B6ne-Signalt%C3%B6ne-bei-verbauter-Heckklappensteuerung/

In English

Deactivation of the warning / beep signals with the tailgate control unit installed

In the tailgate control unit you have the option to deactivate the warning tone / beep when the tailgate is closed with the Seat Ateca 5F.
The following coding must be used:

Select STG 6D (tailgate)
STG Access Permission -> Function 16
Enter code: 12345

STG Adjustment -> Function 10
Enable channel (6) equipment - Select sound pickup
Set the channel to not active

Source.
Those clever technically minded Germans :).

On the sound it's so you don't trap your head. Mine had the latest update and new unit. I know some people moaned about it. Mine is fairly quite so I do wonder whether it was toned down by Seat and earlier ones were more noisy.
As ever, usual disclaimer about not saying this will work etc., just what others have posted :|

#122 ·
Will this invalidate warranty?

#123 ·
kee said:
If you break something by re-coding then probably... the question is, could changing a feature by enabling software options break something and if so how can you prove it? If a dealer or garage found out then they may try to use it as an excuse (although it may be a weak excuse unless they could prove consequential damage OR they have an 'unauthorised modifications' clause in the warranty terms, which they most likely do).

#124 ·
kee said:
You can plug in diagnostics devices (and even vehicle tracking devices) without voiding the warranty. However, if you change the programming on the vehicle you will most likely void the warranty :eek:

#125 ·
Yeah thought so, something to look forwards to after 3 years!

G
#126 ·
Kindness71 said:
kee said:
You can plug in diagnostics devices (and even vehicle tracking devices) without voiding the warranty. However, if you change the programming on the vehicle you will most likely void the warranty :eek:
All the electronic controllers in VAG cars have workshop code, which tells who has done the last coding. Fortunately, good diagnostics devices can fool this by using the same code which the controller had before coding, so nobody will know that the coding was ever changed. In VCDS this is called "stealth mode". But there might be some coding options that are a bit hazardous to try if you are not 100 % sure what you are doing. In the older cars at least (not sure if it's the same in the current MQB cars), the lighting codings where a bit tricky. You could not read the current coding, it always showed "0" no matter what the actual coding was. So if you tried to change the lighting options and it didn't turn out to be what you expected, there was no way to go back to old coding because there was no way to tell what the old coding was.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.