Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

Oil Service in 30 days

8K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Dunn VAG Happy 
#1 ·
Just had a "Oil service in 30 days" warning on the screen. Car had only done 4000 miles and is under 6 months old. Anybody else had this?

#3 ·
I've had this the past few weeks..
Came on mid August saying oil service in 30 days. It's now on about 12days or something.

I have read that most cars now have adaptive monitoring and will auto adjust the service interval based on your driving style and the viscosity of the oil etc.. But 4k seems really early!!

I've only done 7.5k but have had it almost ten months and I think it was built around start of Oct last year so is coming up to a year old since built!!

Doesn't bother me though as mine is fully maintained, my monthly cost includes lease, insurance, tax, tires and servicing, so just got to book it in...

#4 ·
That's a good point about the build date. I had thought the service would be from the date of registion. The first owner bought it from dealer stock so it's possibly a bit older than I thought. I don't mind having an early service as I plan to keep the car for a long time.

#6 ·
I have 6 days on mine as its annual serivce time, that matches the anniversary of me having the car for a year.
Ready for the first fixed priced service at the stealers (which doesnt include an air filter change so will be doing that myself post service).

#8 ·
Thats the Seat fixed price servicing price, when you look at what you actually get for your money its not that much. And the fact they dont change the air filter really bugs me, especially after 12months of dust, paper filters aren't that great after all, think i will invest in a performance panel filter.

#9 ·
I wouldn't put a performance filter in, the dealer will only throw it away when they finally do the air filter replacement!! At least the air filter should be a quick and easy job for us DIY-ers. Paper air filter shouldn't cost much from GSF or Eurocarparts.

#11 ·
Ill put a performance filter in and let them know not to chuck it. Im sure they wouldn't do that anyway. If it wasnt so new and I wasn't bothered about warranty I'd be doing the service myself at my mates garage. £26 for a paper filter or £50 for the K&N panel, think I'll get the K&N. Still have the cleaning and recharge kit from my previous cars panel filters.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.