Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

Top View & Front Parking Sensors

8K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Etchings 
G
#1 ·
Hi,

Does the Top View come with front parking sensors as well? Can't tell from the sales literature. Salesman said yes, but I've learnt to take what they say with a pinch of salt!

TIA,

fm

#2 ·
Hi flak

Yes, it does come with front parking sensors..

Wiz

#3 ·
I thought that you only get the front and side sensors with Park Assist. If you have all the parking sensors they do show on the Topview screen but I'm not sure they are part of it.

#4 ·
As far as I know and from mine, Top View does not include front and side parking sensors. As Fred99 mentioned, they constitute part of Park Assist together with the visual distance lines. The latter are not included with the Top View Camera nor with the standard back parking sensors. At least, that is it how it is here in Switzerland, but I think that it should be everywhere like this. I thought that as well, did not bother to ask the salesperson, since thought that Park Assist was only to help you park the car, so did not order. No harm done, still like it the way it is :)

G
#5 ·
Hi Vasioz - when you say visual distance lines, do you mean the trajectory lines linked to the steering wheel angle or the blocks indicating an obstacle as per any standard vehicle with just parking sensors?

#6 ·
Flakmunky, I mean the "blocks" as you mention them. Standard are the rear parking sensors with the lines + sound alerts and only with the Park Assist do you get additionally the front parking sensors together with the front and rear lines and blocks + sounds. The top view camera consists of 4 cameras (front, rear, left, right) that "combine" their angles together to form a 360 degree view.

#7 ·
We have both and they do not interact well, it's like 2 seperate systems vying for co from of the MFD on occasions.

#8 ·
AndyE14 said:
We have both and they do not interact well, it's like 2 seperate systems vying for co from of the MFD on occasions.
Hey AndyE14 - do you recommend the electric seat? Is it slow to adjust? It's not memory right?

Glad I didn't go with too view cam by the sounds of it! Sometimes it's a good thing my hubby says no 🤣

#9 ·
Top view camera is a great thing to have!!! Instead of going for the electric seat (since is without memory, thus useless!!), get the Park Assist and you wont regret it!! Too bad I didn't get it, but am still very happy with my Ateca!!

#10 ·
I find the Top View camera to be one of the best features on the car. It is far more useful than the sensors alone, but I have never had a problem with them both working at the same time, in fact they complement each other very well.

#11 ·
vasioz said:
Top view camera is a great thing to have!!! Instead of going for the electric seat (since is without memory, thus useless!!), get the Park Assist and you wont regret it!! Too bad I didn't get it, but am still very happy with my Ateca!!
oooh now i'm gutted! (easily swayed - love a bit of gadget me!)

We have park assist! :)

We decided against the electric seat as there is no memory.

We are still months of getting ours :(( oh i hate the wait! I just want it now!! Haha!!

G
#12 ·
I have had electric memory seats on my last 5 cars - BMW X4, BMW330i, Jag XF, BMW 330D and now Touareg - as my wife is 5', I'm 6' and I got sick of cracking my head on the A-Pillar after she'd been driving... The memory option, linked to the key, is a must-have if you have a big height difference. Unlock the car and the seat adjusts to your settings... Noice!

The only seats the electric adjustment were really needed on were the BMWs as these have a lift-your-weight-off-the-seat-whilst-pulling-a-lever-to-raise-them type manual adjustment. The lever that you pump on a VAG is far better...

#13 ·
Front sensors are only with the Park Assist pack.

I have both (opted for the XCellence pack when building my spec) and both work very well. Top View is great for checking where you're going and does wonders for the OCD when trying to line up square in the parking space! Front sensors are great for positioning the nose and making sure you have enough clearance when manoevering.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.