Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

WLTP - Lead Times and other impacts

174K views 441 replies 61 participants last post by  Onlyhalfmad 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

I know we have the very useful Lead Times thread that has been present as buyers have patiently waited for their Atecas.

I thought it may be useful to gather people's info from their dealerships regarding what impact WLTP is having on them.

I have just ordered a 1.4TSI Ateca and have been advised that it will be 22+ weeks.

What have you heard and read?
What will WLTP mean to us?

Interested in your thoughts and opinions!

#377 ·
Finally picked mine up on Monday...it's an Xcellen e 1.5 TSI manual. The heated leather sports seats are included as per original order. You should get all the extra widgets now included in the standard spec plus any extras that were included or that you ordered at the time.

I ordered mine 22/4.

It's so nice! I love it. 😀
That's great news, thanks very much for posting. Enjoy your new car;!

#378 ·
contrem said:
Analoguekid said:
Hi everyone.

Anyone had an Excellence delivered that was ordered before the 2019MY change?

I'm due mine on fri, its a company car, I'm specifically interested in the Sport Leather Heated seats, and winter pack that don't seem to be on the 2019 model, can anyone confirm that my car will come with options that were deleted and added to the XL Lux model will still be on mine, 30k a year so Heated Sport seats are important to me, i don't care about the headlight washer.

Also as heated screen seens to be on the Ex now will I have that too?
Finally picked mine up on Monday...it's an Xcellen e 1.5 TSI manual. The heated leather sports seats are included as per original order. You should get all the extra widgets now included in the standard spec plus any extras that were included or that you ordered at the time.

I ordered mine 22/4.

It's so nice! I love it. 😀
Thanks, that's reassuring.

To those saying reject it, thats what I'd normally do if it doesn't come with what was standard. Sadly though it's a company car through ALD, and while my company may be ok with that, they may not and the decision might be taken for me, can't rock the boat too much as only bern with them a year.

#386 ·
Picked mine up and couldn't be happier. Trying to sort insurance is fun :roll: Hardly anyone has it on their systems yet. Admiral lists the new 1.5 petrol engine but only in XCELLENCE spec. I'm sure the full spec range will start to populate systems soon enough.

I'll get some pics tomorrow :D

#387 ·
Well my Xcellence was delivered yesterday, 1.5l had Leather sports seats and winter pack as was on previous xcellence, but as a bonus it came with Park Pilot (doubt I'll use it more than once for the novelty factor) Adaptive cruise which will have some use, and heated windscreen which will be very useful in central Scotland, only done 20 miles in it so far, but it's superb.

My wife prefers it to her 18plate BMWX1 118d Msport, (so do I) the handling is sharp, perfect for me, but I do wonder if you had 2 young kids in the back it may be a bit firm.

For the last couple of months I have had a Ford Kuga ST 1.5l petrol on hire (my Ateca is a company car) same power, similar type of car, the Ateca is quicker, handles better (the Ford is not a bad handler) and is nicer inside, the entertainment system in the Seat is light years ahead of the Ford, especially how it handles iPod and phone connections, all in all very pleased with my choice and it was worth the wait.

My one niggle is the USB ports, I have a 160GB iPod has my music on it, I'm old school who has a few thousand CD's and. few thousand vinyl records so I rarely use a streaming service (I use Amazon unlimited when riding my motorbike) but I'd prefer to have a hidden USB port so I can keep the iPod out of sight, ie in arm rest or glove box, it's in a zipped case, but is kind of in the way in the centre consul, but that's a minor point.

#388 ·
You could copy them all to a memory card and that goes in the glove box.

By the way, having the auto park option is the only way to get the front and side parking sensors.

#389 ·
Fred99 said:
You could copy them all to a memory card and that goes in the glove box.

By the way, having the auto park option is the only way to get the front and side parking sensors.
Might be difficult to copy to mem card, as all my CD's are now in iTunes library. But I did think of that.

I thought the xcellence MY18 had f/r sensors as standard without park pilot?

#390 ·
If they are in the iTunes library as opposed to in the cloud it should be easy to copy them.

Ref the sensors, you may be right, there were only available on mine with Park Assist but that was nearly two years ago.

#391 ·
Picking mine up tomorrow morning, have had a nightmare trying to convince an insurer to cover the 1.5 SE tech as it's still not on any databases. The FR and excellence 1.5 models do now appear apparently though which is good for anyone with those. I followed a previous poster and called LV who have insured it as a 1.4 and will update it to a 1.5 in a couple of weeks. It's cost me almost £100 more to insure though as the companies with cheaper quotes refused to insure it... RAC, Halifax, Swinton.

#392 ·
My insurer ( Swiftcover) undertook to cover the car as a 1.4 FR and to manually change the policy when the information becomes available. Also, it was £10 a year less to cover than my diesel Hyundai i30 Premium

#394 ·
freddie said:
7 weeks after building, SEAT have manage to put my Xcellence on a ship...
I think I am (and therefore hope my car is) in the same boat. I know it was built in W36 but little solid news since except for that it has left the factory! What did the do to our Xcellence s for two months!?

#395 ·
I've heard from a Dutch dealer that a huge batch of Ateca's has been shipped to dealers in Europe. So expect a lot of people getting a call for a pickup date.

#396 ·
Tiki-Taka said:
freddie said:
I think I am (and therefore hope my car is) in the same boat. I know it was built in W36 but little solid news since except for that it has left the factory! What did the do to our Xcellence s for two months!?
Collecting next weekend, 17 weeks after the original delivery date.

#398 ·
freddie said:
Tiki-Taka said:
freddie said:
Collecting next weekend, 17 weeks after the original delivery date.
SEAT still haven't managed to get it out the port, delayed by another week ffs.

#399 ·
My wife took a call today from Cox's SEAT in Blackpool confirming our new delivery date of less than 2 weeks. During the call they said our original delivery car isn't even in build yet and would be early JAN 2019 at best. But they have managed to source the exact same car from another dealer who has just taken delivery of an unwanted order. Can't say fairer than that. Pretty excited now!

#400 ·
Hi everyone, if you look back I cancelled my order for my 2.0tdi 190 xcellence, black magic, 19" alloys and sunroof. Ordered May, estimated delivery Sept, latest was not this year. Anyway My dealer contacted me after a few words on a review site. They offered a courtesy car until my new car was delivered.. Unfortunately between Lookers and Seat they did not sort it out quick enough so I have still walked away and now buying an f-pace.. I thought it might help some of you patient customers who might be left without a car. The dealer said Seat uk should have offered it.

#401 ·
Here in The Netherlands lead times are sort of dropping.
I talked to my dealer and he has 20 cars to deliver this week and another 20 or so next week.
After that it drops off as leasecompanies arn't registering cars in December.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.