Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

Interior Boot Light Location

12K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  kemppes2x 
#1 ·
This has bothered me since I got my Alldrive Ateca a couple of months ago, but now its dark in the evenings its a real pain.

There does not seem to be an interior light in the boot of it - I have hunted round the boot (in the daylight :) ) and can not see where the light should be to check it is turned on etc. The instruction manual isnt much help about where it should be.

Can someone help me with where it should be so I can try and track it down

#7 ·
marooncat said:
Bedlam said:
Should be obvious here it is in daylight
Thanks for that - but I can not see a photo if there was mean to be one attached
Sorry I mean't to type "Should be obvious Where it is in daylight"
You should either see it or a rectangular hole in the trim if it is missing
Take it back to the dealer maybe?

#11 ·
Hello Bedlam, Thanks for your link to the LED bulb for use in the boot.

Is it a direct replacement for the W5W bulb that is presently fitted or do I need to modify the holder? You are correct as it was a bit of a fiddle to remove the metal cover but if I can increase the light level in the boot it would be great. Thanks.

Attachments

#12 ·
I replaced a single LED board (W5W) on mine with a 4 LED board, but looking at your pics you will have to remove the lampholder and then slot the LED board in

#13 ·
Thanks for your input on that Bedlam. The lamp holder assembly seems to be bonded to the plastic lens so I have emailed the company in your link and I'll wait for them to reply.

#14 ·
I'm interested in purchasing much more bright led light in to my Atecas (2017) luggage area/boot. I don't live in uk and because of brexit-hassle (in freight transport) I prefer purchasing from China for example. I searhed Aliexpress, but did not find any led light that would convince me for sure that it will fit and work right. What should I take into account?
For example, are these suitable dimensions, thus too little light power? https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32985529077.html?spm=a2g0n.productlist.0.0.53a640c4DGRIYF&browser_id=c2beec5a27d64460b8f74d29f3410826&aff_trace_key=85339a88ec074233be941de6cdbbe56f-1586893328946-07394-UneMJZVf&aff_platform=msite&m_page_id=9kw1fxkn4cavmmoc1785de83d85201d6b8e7189339&gclid=&_imgsrc_=ae01.alicdn.com%2Fkf%2FH623427ec924a4984914c9e6a50980dbeE.jpg_640x640Q90.jpg_.webp
Or T10 interface / what specs?

#16 ·
I fitted the same as Bedlam to my boot, absolutley brilliant light.

Came packaged in an genuine Audi marked box, light unit was a bit bigger than the original, but easily fitted after filing small amount of trim away.

When opening up boot at night it even lights up my neighbours driveway !

#19 ·
Well, I have a 6 month old Cupra Ateca that I bought from a dealer a month ago. Unfortunately said dealer is 200 mike# away.... I'd noticed that there was no boot light, and assumed the bulb had blown. I'd read here that the original wasn't very bright anyway, so, 2 birds one stone, I bought an 8 LED replacement. So today I went out to put the new lamp in. Popped out the original and discovered why it wasn't working... It wasn't connected to anything. Not only that, but I can't find the wire to which it should be connected! Does anyone have / could someone take photos of a "good" installation?

Old and new lamps

Untitled by Richard Fletcher, on Flickr

And the location showing a lack of spare wiring

#20 ·
Bedlam said:
If anyone wants to brighten their luggage area I can recommend the 4 LED version of this
https://emtuning.co.uk/product/audi-oem-led-upgrade-bulbs/
A bit fiddly to dismantle the existing light unit but fit perfectly, will also fit cabin floor lights
Thanks for the tip - I've just ordered a 4 LED option. Will be nice to have a brighter boot compartment! :)

#21 ·
Thanks Reddamper and others, light arrived and I installed it. Light is sure bright and I like it a lot. I just had to adjust the length of the Item couple of mm and take sharp edges off around the installation hole. Finally.. "snap" and it seated tight in it's place. Perfect! Now it's possible to search small items from the boot without having extra headlight etc.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.