Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

Winter Ready

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  leWrat 
#1 ·
My Ateca is now ready for winter, winter wheels and tyres fitted, front and rear mudflaps fitted, good polish finished with carnuba wax.
Tyres are Nexen Winguard Sport 2 235/45r18, alloys are MAK.
Bring on the snow.......

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Those wheels look good, as does the nice and shiny car :)
I have (again) decided against winter wheels as most years there are maybe 1 or two days a year when I really need them. It's the occasional years where we have low temps (not necessarily snow) for a couple of weeks where I start to regret not having them available/fitted.

#4 ·
I have 19" diamond cut wheels on my excellence but with the amount of salt that gets put down up here over winter is unbelievable. Salt and SEAT alloys don't mix very well. Snow isn't a big issue with me as I live on the north east coast of Scotland but when it snows it snows, even although it doesn't hang around long. We do however get a lot of standing water as my wife's commute to work is on B roads (I only get to use my car at the weekends) and it gives me reassurance that she gets to and from her work in one piece (car too).
I firmly believe that a winter tyre is far superior to a summer tyre in these kind of conditions.

#5 ·
My main argument (with myself) for switching to winter tyres is now more based on the performance relative to temperature.
I had always thought that you only needed winter tyres for snow but in fact the performance of summer tyres decreases from 7°C downwards and with Neil's comment about salt and SEAT alloy I am going to have to think about them again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.