Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

♦ Seat Ateca Xcellence Samoa Orange + Custom Touches ♦

21K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Fred99 
#1 ·
A picture is worth a thousand words, so let's start with some [unfortunately on winter 17" wheels*]:

_____
* winter wheels = DEZENT TD Graphite 7x17" ET 45 + Nokian WR D4 215/55 R17 98H XL

As you can tell by the pictures I suffer from extreme OCD [Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder] and the car detailing is the natural medicine and therapy prescribed by my doctor :)

After picking up the car, I was surprised how many small scratches and swirls marks there were in the paint and plastic parts [especially that piano black trim]. Of course, all my family members and friends refused to see those imperfections but it was there (thank you OCD). It took me about a month to bring the car to perfection adding few custom touches along the way.

The job consisted of the following steps (I list the products and parts for those interested):

• detailed washing [APC + CarPro Reset],
  • decontamination [CarPro IronX],
  • degreasing [CarPro Eraser],
  • masking [Aqua Dynamic Masking Tape],
  • polishing whole car including piano black plastic trim and lamps [Menzerna polishing compounds],
  • 2 layers of ceramic coating on the paint [CarPro CQuartz UK 3.0],
  • 2 layers of hydrophobic coating on all glass surfaces [Soft99 Ultra Glaco],
  • ceramic coating on wheels, plastic trim and rubber, including engine bay area [CarPro DLUX],
  • 6 layers of brake calipers paint [Foliatech] I mixed 2 colors [2165 prestige gold metallic and 2167 flame orange] with 2:1 mix ratio in order to get close to Samoa Orange color,
  • ceramic coating over caliper paint [CarPro DLUX],
  • cockpit dressing [Meguiar's Natural Shine Protectant],
  • removing license plate frames and using double-side tape for that clean look,
  • set of mudflaps [part numbers: front - 575075111, rear - 575075101]
  • set of sport aluminum pedals [part numbers: gas pedal - 5Q1721647A, brake pedal - 5Q0721131A, clutch pedal - 5Q0721601A, dead pedal - 5Q1864551]

Below few photos showing the detailing process:

Polishing the car - to save time I left that part to the pros [BlackPearl Studio]

Small panels require small polishing pads

Car ready for ceramic coatings

Masking plastic trim to avoid contamination

Foliatec 2165 prestige gold metallic and 2167 flame orange - let's find the proper mixing ratio

With 2:1 mixing ratio it's close enough to Samoa Orange

Preparation for caliper painting

4 coats done, 2 more to go

Rear calipers before & after

To make calipers easy to clean I applied ceramic coating [CarPro DLUX resists temperatures up to 800°F]

Calipers painted, coated and assembled

SUV without mudflaps? No way!

Mudflaps require drilling few holes in the car plastic trim and wheel arches for installation

One final touch on the inside; I've always liked the look of "sport" pedals in the car

To maintain this great look I wash the car using two-bucket method with CarPro Reset shampoo and Meguiar's Microfiber Wash Mitt. After drying the car with soft microfiber towels I use famous magic formula detailer [mix of: 1 part of CarPro Reset, 1 part of CarPro Ech2O, 10 parts of distilled water] for that extra deep gloss look and slippery feel.

Now, let's hope it'll drive as it looks…

See less See more
G
#4 ·
Hi, nice car... I bought the pedals for my DSG, but didn't get the deadpedal as the ones I saw all said left hand drive... Is your's LHD or RHD? It looks RHD to me! If so, can you confirm the part number?

#5 ·
Flakmunky said:
Hi, nice car... I bought the pedals for my DSG, but didn't get the deadpedal as the ones I saw all said left hand drive... Is your's LHD or RHD? It looks RHD to me! If so, can you confirm the part number?
Thanks. (Un)fortunately, my car is LHD, so I can't help you with the part number.

BTW, for all guys with LHD (RHT) I list the part numbers below:

- Gas pedal - 5Q1721647A

- Brake pedal - 5Q0721131A

- Clutch pedal - 5Q0721601A

- Dead pedal - 5Q1864551

#11 ·
Love the attention to detail you have done, I also like the look of the aluminium pedals, my cars not even delivered yet but ordered pedals, boot liner and a ceramic coating 😁&#x1f44d-1f3fc;

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.