Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

No Rear Camera

9K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  AndyM 
#1 ·
Hi All,

My first post here, so grateful for any help.

I ordered an FR Sport in January and it has been delivered today. I'm really happy with it, except it has no rear camera. I'm 99.99% sure that when I ordered it the rear camera was part of the spec for the FR Sport. This was one of the reasons I ordered this model as I find it a very useful feature to have. I've looked on the website and see that it is now not part of the spec. Has anyone else had this issue? Can I get Seat to fit a camera as technically I've not got the car that I ordered?

Thanks,

Andy.

#5 ·
The link which @Devonian provided above is dated October 2018 in the weblink
https://web1.seat.co.uk/sites/default/files/seat_ra_file/ateca-pricelist-october-2018.pdf
So if you ordered in Janauary 2019 it wasn't in the spec surely?

EDIT: The December 2017 pricelist did include it and as I recall it was those vehicles which some received without a camera which Seat have and are still retro-fitting (due to technical faults) for free

#7 ·
Can only suggest you refer it back to the dealer (and Seat Customer Services) to advise you feel you have been deceived/mis-sold or whatever

#8 ·
I had the same issue with an FR I ordered in June '18. The rear camera was in the brochure and in the example in the showroom but when it was delivered in December '18 the rear camera was missing. Oh and the 1.4 TSI had become a 1.5 TSI. The dealer failed to mention either, and didn't even see there might be a problem! (I ordered the Ateca over the Karoq in part because the 1.4TSI drove better than the 1.5TSI IMO)
SEAT UK fitted the rear camera after a 3 month wait. There was an incompatibility between the MY19 car software and the camera firmware, so they had to get the camera firmware updated.
If I'm honest, it's OK but not as good as the examples I'm used to on hire cars in the US. The rearward facing guidelines on the screen don't relate to anything, they aren't the width of the car or the average parking bay. They also don't curve if you turn the steering to indicate where you are likely to end up.
I have a MY18 and MY19 brochure and it's not in the MY19 brochure until you get to Xcellence or above.

#9 ·
I had to add camera to my order recently on an FR sport.

#12 ·
My guess is that the retro fit camera does not interface with the steering input and just gives a basic rear picture. Without the guide lines moving in tune with the steering it loses 90% of its usefullness.

#13 ·
Fred99 said:
My guess is that the retro fit camera does not interface with the steering input and just gives a basic rear picture. Without the guide lines moving in tune with the steering it loses 90% of its usefullness.
I wanted an FR and wife wanted a rear view camera when we ordered in January and it wasnt available on the spec.

Paid £350 for a retrofit camera at the dealer before collection in April. It works as the original but doesn't have any lines at all, it just shows a live image of what's behind you.

She is happy though which is all that matters :)

#14 ·
Could be the 360 camera CheeseR, I don't have that.
Or it could be that the after market offering from SEAT wasn't quite as good as the original in the MY18 spec. As I say I do know they has numerous failures when they tried retrofitting them to MY19 cars that unexpectedly arrived without the camera.
In fairness to SEAT UK after a considerable delay they did their best to resolve the issue at a cost of £500-£1000 per car. Sadly, what I've ended up with falls somewhat short of what I've used in other vehicles. Whilst I can indeed see out the back and the red distance lines are useful, the parallel parking lines are no help whatsoever and I find I still use the mirrors more when reversing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.