Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

Facelift?

8K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Max2090 
#1 ·
Just wondering if there is any talk about a facelift on the horizon.

The thought is prompted by the current finance deal on PCPs. The offer of £2,000 from SEAT towards the deposit is sometimes an indicator that something is in the air.

Mind you, the interest rate of 6.8 is not cheap - even though SEAT seem to have increased the amount of deposit that can be given.

#5 ·
I had my car serviced last week and I asked the guy who sold me the car whether there was a face lift on the horizon. He said that he hadn't heard anything for the MY20. Doesn't the MY21 come out in the later part of 2020? That might be a possibility. Having said this, when I mentioned about replacing the car, he told me that he knew nothing of the 1.5 kangarooing, and that the suspension on the SE Tech is softer (preferable) than the Excellence and FR :? . What are we supposed to believe?

#8 ·
I wouldn't worry too much about a facelift, if anything SEAT seem to have a habit of beating otherwise good looking cars with the ugly stick when it comes to facelifts, for example the 2017 Leon FR facelift made the front end less aggressive, slightly odd looking & more bland. The new ibiza is also only marginally different in appearence from the previous generation and didn't have a massive impact on the resale value of the car.

I heard somewhere the Ateca will eventually get a similar front grill to that of the Tarracco, which if I'm honest I think is Seats biggest blunder since the new cupra badge, personally I prefer the current grill and most reviews I have seen state they prefer the looks of the Ateca over the tarraco.

Also, when there is a facelift you can be assured there will also be a price hike to go with it... add to that they usually place standard features a trim grade higher after a year or two. For instance I hour my ateca in the first year of production as an excellence level, yet to get the same car now I would have to go for xcellence Lux... so do you really want to pay more for the same car?

#9 ·
I have a Seat Ateca Xcellence TDI 150 4WD (Manual) 17Plate Rhodium Grey.
The only extra I don't have to the smart boot release, which never seem to work at the dealers. I have the auto park, traffic sign recognition etc. etc and they all work fine. The car is really economical and I've recently completed a Reading to Edinburgh run on one tank of fuel. I have been looking with interest at the new face lift as there now talking about partial diesel hybrids (TDI 150EVO).

I've just joined this forum and I've studied the current Ateca specification Y19. My current car (2017) seems to have a lot better specifications than the current offerings. So im a little concerned about the MY20 onwards.

I discovered that the Cars with 4WD system also have a much better ride than the 2WB versions. The 4WD drive is pretty good and it's helped me out on a few trips, so I wouldn't be looking at any 2WD drive versions in the future.
The manual gearbox also has lower emissions. Seat love putting the 4WD with the DSG, but your emissions go up, fuel consumption goes up as the DSG box isn't that light. I also drove the 2017 Ateca 190TDI engine, but that engine is now only available in the Tarraco (Tiguan XL Copy).
I also wouldn't go anywhere the 1.5. All of the sales people know aswell, it's not a good engine..

G
#10 ·
Hi Markjohn, an interesting first post, you are clearly a diesel man as I was until I traded in my Tiguan 2.0 150 bhp for a 1.5 petrol manual Ateca in January of this year, yes it's had a software update to cure a problem on cold start ( very slight problem for me).
I have been driving it for 7 months and achieve 52 mpg on a run, it is lighter than the diesel car and I have found it to be equally as quick on acceleration comparing it with my Tiguan, if you want a diesel have your diesel that's fine but I don't think it's fair that you condemn an engine before you have tried it and on the comment of a salesman that is probably trying to sell you that diesel that you have got your eye on.
One final thought, the 1.5 engine is fitted in most of the cars from Skoda, Seat, Vw, and Audi, probably around 20 different cars do you really believe that Vw would fit a "bad" engine to all of those cars??

#11 ·
Hello Den48, Thanks for your comment. This is my first diesel car and my first Seat. It was either the Ateca or a Skoda VRS and i chose the Ateca. As for the 1.5 engine, well that's a long story and i do have one in the family, I've also driven it quite a lot aswell, so i`m aware of the issues . Its also had a software upgrade and its still not perfect now. Out of all the cars we have had, its the most troublesome.

G
#12 ·
Hi, markjohn, thanks for the comment, enjoy your diesel, the only reason I changed was the mileage that I do ,around 8000 per year and the Ateca was several £000's less than the equivalent Tiguan.
It's unfortunate that your family are still experiencing problems with the 1.5 engine hopefully it will get sorted soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.