Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

Headlight Condensation

8K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  Mihai190 
#1 ·
Hi,
I've had a Seat Ateca FR for 4 days and noticed that both headlights have condensation along the bottom of lights.
I called the dealership and asked if this was a sealed unit, they said that it was a sealed unit so I said that my headlights had a problem as there is condensation in both. I was told that this is common on all of them and it goes away once you turn the lights on. I drove the car with the lights on for about 3 hours and condensation still there.
Does anyone else have that problem?

#2 ·
Yes. I've noticed the same now when the temperature is around 0 and rain.

#4 ·
Standard in all VAG cars with LED headlights. Unfortunately, it will go away just for a short period and after visit to car wash or heavy rain it'll appear now and then. The worst part is that when the condensed water evaporates, it leaves residue. After many such cycles the inside of headlight looks bad, to say the least.
Interestigly enough some other brands do not have such problems, e.g. Renault.

#6 ·
With this issue (mine has it) the wet passenger footwell (mine has that too) and the leaky boot, you'd think that SEAT get something sorted. It's unacceptable on a £10k car let alone a £30k car. (And quite how they think it is OK to have moisture inside a sealed electrical unit is beyond me)

#7 ·
People need to do their research first before complaining. Unless the headlamp is damaged, misting is expected.

Many cars have condensation in their headlights, it's not unique to SEAT. It's further exaggerated with LEDs because unlike other bulbs, they run cold - i.e. moisture takes longer to evaporate.

Reference is made to this in the owners manual - page 142:
In cold or damp weather conditions, the headlights, tail lights and turn signals may mist up inside temporarily. This is normal and in no way effects the useful life of the vehicle lighting system.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.