Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

Twed's FR Sport

16K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Dal22 
#1 ·
Ordered my FR sport 2.0TDI 190 DSG 4x4 in energy blue mid November and it arrived mid Feb and collected it on 1st of March. Had the option of getting a 20 plate for a while but had also been given a private plate for my 30th so just fired that straight on!

I had seen this colour on an FR Sport in the dealer when in buying a Leon for the mrs. If it wasn't there at the time, I probably wouldn't have bought it! :lol:

This is my first automatic car and loving it so far even if it is thirsty! I've also come across a problem with the windows going down when i press up :?

some photees!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Got it mucky too... :roll:

See less See more
#2 ·
Very nice , I was tempted by the Blue but as my Tiguan had been written off the insurance company were only keeping me in a hire car for so long , I`d liked Velvet Red FRS from the brochure and a showroom model they had so ordered a car that was at UK Port. I hope your enjoying ownership and from experince of VAG 2.0 tdis they do give better economy as they run in.

#3 ·
PSC21 said:
Very nice , I was tempted by the Blue but as my Tiguan had been written off the insurance company were only keeping me in a hire car for so long , I`d liked Velvet Red FRS from the brochure and a showroom model they had so ordered a car that was at UK Port. I hope your enjoying ownership and from experince of VAG 2.0 tdis they do give better economy as they run in.
I was torn between red and blue. I had red cars before so fancied a change.

How was the BiTDI? It was the Tiguan that got me interested in medium SUVs and we had a demo of the original one 10 years ago and it was very nice, but couldn't justify the extra 15 grand for the twin turbo lol.

#4 ·
Twed701 said:
PSC21 said:
I was torn between red and blue. I had red cars before so fancied a change.

How was the BiTDI? It was the Tiguan that got me interested in medium SUVs and we had a demo of the original one 10 years ago and it was very nice, but couldn't justify the extra 15 grand for the twin turbo lol.
Yes the Bitdi is one of the best diesel engines I have driven along with a tdi tuning chip to take it to nearer 300ps it certainly was effortless and still reasonable economy. That it ,once chipped , would pull from 40 mph to 140mph in 7th certainly could make you lazy. However the Ateca petrol engine is now running in and the response (plus larger rev range) make it feel just as good performance wise , so much so I haven`t yet had the chip reflashed and fitted.

#5 ·
Yes, a bit thirsty.

OK on a gentle run where 45-50 can be coaxed, but short trips more like 35-37mpg.

Have to remember its quite a heavy auto 4X4 SUV. Not a good recipe for economy! Great for towing where a heavy stable vehicle is King!

#10 ·
Skoobydu said:
Is that Launch Control? How do you activate it on the FRS? BTW looks nice in blue, I have it in Rhodium Grey :)
Stick it in sports mode, then in the vehicle settings set the ESC or traction control to sports (off might work too).

With it in drive, press hard on the brake then foot all the way down til it clicks and it'll say launch active. let go of the brake and enjoy! lol

#11 ·
Twed701 said:
Skoobydu said:
Is that Launch Control? How do you activate it on the FRS? BTW looks nice in blue, I have it in Rhodium Grey :)
Stick it in sports mode, then in the vehicle settings set the ESC or traction control to sports (off might work too).

With it in drive, press hard on the brake then foot all the way down til it clicks and it'll say launch active. let go of the brake and enjoy! lol
Nice one!

#12 ·
This looks lovely!
I think I have launch control on my new Ateca too, yet to try it out. Not convinced about the disabling of all the stability controls. Scared I'll go straight into a tree! haha.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.