Heater Vent Knob Failing Issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Seat Ateca
IAN HOVE

Re: Heater Vent Knob Failing Issues

Post by IAN HOVE » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:31 am

atecapad wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 6:31 pm
Was changing the position of the blower vents on the right hand side of the info screen, the knob came off in my hand, :o went back to dealer, have to order in part, you cannot have just the knob it has be the entire surround that includes the other vent, good job as i was cleaning today after trip out yesterday and that one come off in hand as well :o , so tried the other two and did not want to be too heavy handed but the passenger one near the door came off :o , drivers side appears to be ok ?? not sure if it is a one off issue or a manufacturer fault ? the switch comes apart leaving the adjuster part in the vent and it looks like the retaining clips that snap into each other are very brittle and just snap off with no pressure,
Just thought i would post to see if anyone else had this issue or for you to check yours
the knob on the left vent was already broken off when I collected car from the dealer the salesman did it! collected the car before Christmas and still waiting for it to come in!
Ateca 2.0 TDi 190 Xcellence DSG 4Drive Pano Sunroof

Etchings

Post by Etchings » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:01 pm

Yep - dealers seem to be having a plastic parts delivery issue at the moment (have been waiting 2 months for lower rear bumper trim after someone hit it). Unfortunately the small parts don't come with delivery times or estimates (my local dealers are getting used to my constant pestering for updates now).

Valleyboy - if you're looking to get it done under warranty at next service it might be worthwhile checking with your dealers in advance, in case there's a delay in getting the part.
Now driving: Ateca XCellence 1.4 TSi in Rodium Grey with XCellence + Advanced Driving Assistance Packs, Double Boot Floor + Space Saver Spare - Ordered week 9, confirmed built week 26&27&28, arrived in UK week 30 - Collected 1st Sept 8-)

mrchubbyhubby

Post by mrchubbyhubby » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:04 pm

Had to laugh when I read these posts - I've had three out of the four front vent knobs replaced under warranty now. Just the slightest touch on them and they fall to bit, as well as falling into the vent ducts! Good news is the replacements seem to have been a lot more sturdier.

DELLFAN

Post by DELLFAN » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:34 am

My heater vent adjuster (Next to infotainment system (right side)) broken today. Will be calling the dealer tomorrow. Hopefully covered under warranty. Just googled to see if there is know issue and looks like it is although very minor cases.
First edition 1.6 tdi in Nevada White.

DELLFAN

Post by DELLFAN » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:38 am

Took mine to dealer who want to charge me to replace the vent. Apparently Seat told them that it is not covered under manufacturers warranty and want me to pay for part and labour. Was not happy contacted Seat, who advised me that they can't cover it under warranty and i had to pay for it. Took it to Motor Ombudsman.

They think it's damaged due to air fresheners connected to the air vent. Lol...i have driven cars for almost 20 year with air fresheners never had any issue and more over the air vent damaged had no air fresher connected to it.

This is going to be my last Seat.
First edition 1.6 tdi in Nevada White.

JimA

Post by JimA » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:50 pm

I just got back from a two week holiday got into my Ateca to go for some shopping.
I barely touched the right hand vent knob next to the info screen
when it fell off onto the floor.
Idid the same with the left knob and it fell too.
The parts of the knobs are so flimsy and impossible to put back in place.
My car is only 18 months old and only 2,750 miles on the clock.
I will be taking it to the dealer where it was bought new.

Valleyboy

Post by Valleyboy » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:35 pm

Just want to report I had my two centre vents repaired under warranty when I took the car in for a service recently

Return to “Faults & Technical”