Rear Seat Widths when folded down for the Disabled Driver

The place to discuss everything else..
Welshman

Rear Seat Widths when folded down for the Disabled Driver

Post by Welshman » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:39 pm

Could anyone please tell me the width of each of the rear seats that fold forwards? I have to fit a scooter hoist into the back of my forthcoming Ateca and my scooter is 22 inches (56 cm) wide. I do not suppose it will go into the smaller seat's fold down, but will it fit into the wider slot?

The scooter is 47" (119.4cm) Long, but that should not be a problem.

I hope someone has an Ateca plus a tape measure. In most cars, about 90% the wider seat is on the left, but in the Ateca, it is, of course, on the right (he says, hopefully). The images may be for continental Atecas; do the UK ones have the wider seat on the left?????

The picture below is not of the Ateca, for nobody has, as yet, fitted the BrigAyd hoist into one. It will have to go down to Welwyn-Garden City to have it fixed in. It is just to give you the right perspective.

Many thanks, in anticipation.

Greg

Hoist Plus Scooter

Hoist.JPG

Hoist 2.jpg

Bart666

Re: Rear Seat Widths when folded down for the Disabled Driver

Post by Bart666 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:14 pm

Hi Welshman,

Just checked some sizes for you.

wide seat is indeed on the right side and it has a 25" wide aperture thru to the boot.

the narrow seat is only 14.5 inches wide, so no use on its own for what your after.

also checked length, from edge of boot to top of folded seat its about 55 inches.

looks like its all fine for you.

Regards

Bart..
Ateca XCELLENCE 1.4 EcoTSI 150 PS 6-speed manual, Lava Blue, Performance 18" Alloys, heated screen, double boot & mudflaps.
Ordered :- 22 Jan 2017. Delivered:- 1 April 2017

Golfmk56

Post by Golfmk56 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:33 pm

Welshman wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:39 pm
Could anyone please tell me the width of each of the rear seats that fold forwards? I have to fit a scooter hoist into the back of my forthcoming Ateca and my scooter is 22 inches (56 cm) wide. I do not suppose it will go into the smaller seat's fold down, but will it fit into the wider slot?

The scooter is 47" (119.4cm) Long, but that should not be a problem.

I hope someone has an Ateca plus a tape measure. In most cars, about 90% the wider seat is on the left, but in the Ateca, it is, of course, on the right (he says, hopefully). The images may be for continental Atecas; do the UK ones have the wider seat on the left....
I admit I'm easily confused and when reading posts,I usually end up with more questions than answers.

On 8th Jul, you wrote your first post which started "I am disabled and have managed to get the Seat Ateca Xcellence 1.4 Eco-TSI 150 PS 7-speed DSG-automatic Petrol Estate in Rodium Grey... etc. You then went on to describe the car in detail.

The question I'm asking myself is that as this hoist is so crucial to your needs, why didn't you ask those questions BEFORE ordering an Ateca? What would have happened if the hoist / scooter didn't fit :?:

Welshman

Post by Welshman » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:07 pm

Thank you for the measurements - cheering news. Believe it or not the crucial dimension was the height between the sill and the roof and the Ateca was one of the few cars that had sufficient height for it to allow the hoist to work. The Volvo is now out of the Motability scheme, so was an early casualty.

I knew I was OK with both rear seats backs down, the fact that the scooter easily :fits with just the wide section down is a bonus. I retire tonight with a happy heart.

Is the wide seat on the right or the left in the UK as you face forward?

Thank you to both Bart and Golfmk56 for your help. :D

Bart666

Post by Bart666 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:14 pm

It is on the right, directly behind the drivers seat.

Regards

Bart..
Ateca XCELLENCE 1.4 EcoTSI 150 PS 6-speed manual, Lava Blue, Performance 18" Alloys, heated screen, double boot & mudflaps.
Ordered :- 22 Jan 2017. Delivered:- 1 April 2017

Welshman

Post by Welshman » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:51 am

Thank you Bart.

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”