auto hand brake

Faults and Technical chat for the Seat Ateca
Negativepitch

Re: auto hand brake

Post by Negativepitch » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:29 pm

jackster472 wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:38 pm
auto hold , the break wont release as i pull off but if i switch off s/s it works as it should by releasing as i pull away
It's been a problem On the Tiguans as well.

Boy_kotong

Post by Boy_kotong » Thu May 17, 2018 11:29 pm

Make sure that your driver door is closed. If it is still open, the auto hold will not be released.
XC 4WD M/T Rhodium Grey, 18" Performance Machined, 360 Camera, heated windscreen,Blindspot Det, NavSys only, Full link, Seat sound, DAB, other accessories...

Max Jaffa

Post by Max Jaffa » Fri May 18, 2018 2:33 pm

Word of warning with the hand brake (red light). On my first service the dealer told me of a customer who refused to put his seat belt on until after he'd driven off. Problem is that the hand brake refuses to disengage automatically until you have your seatbelt fastened.

He burned his clutch out in 9 months....
1.4 TSI Xcellence, Bila white, 18" performance alloys

Flakmunky

Post by Flakmunky » Sat May 19, 2018 11:43 am

Ok, I don't have my Ateca yet, but I have a Touareg with auto hold and the electronic parking brake (EPG) and this is how that system works:

The EPG will not disengage without the seatbelt on or with the driver's door open. To disengage it in these circumstances you need to press the for brake.

The EPG is slow to engage and disengage, so what the system does is to use the auto hold until it has decided you really want the EPG on.

In other words, it will hold the vehicle on the brakes (auto hold) until you switch the engine off or after a few minutes. Then it will apply the EPG. On my Treg you can hear it applying the EPG as you get out and close the driver's door.

On getting in or starting the car, it will disengage the EPG when you move out of Park and hold it on the brakes. This takes a couple of seconds, if you try and drive off in this time, the car will lurch as the EPG is released.

In traffic, as you come to a stop, the auto hold Kris the brakes on to hold the vehicle, which it let's go as you press the accelerator.

The system works very well in the Treg... I assumed the stem would work in the same way with the Ateca?
Xcellence 2.0 TDI 190 DSG 4Drive in Lava Blue with:
Digital Cockpit, Top View, Park Assist & Advanced Comfort & Driving Pack Plus 2

Return to “Faults & Technical”