Closing boot

All Seat Ateca related discussions
MBM

Re: Closing boot

Post by MBM » Fri May 11, 2018 4:33 pm

I Will ask my dealer to do the adjustment.. if it is possible..
Rhodium Grey, 1.4 DSG, Virtual cockpit, adaptive cruise control, navigation etc. 19"
Denmark.

David_S

Post by David_S » Sat May 12, 2018 5:58 am

The problem I had was that if I didnt close it properly the first time I would then have trouble opening it and closing it again straight away. It appears the electronic opening mechanism takes a few seconds to complete it's action and it won't shut again until it has finished.

On another note I did have a rear door that you had to shut a lot harder than the rest to full shut.
Enjoying since 18/01/2017:

Ateca Xcellence 1.4 Tsi, Cheapskate Blue, Seat Sound, Heated Windscreen, 19" alloys, anything else is just showing off and probably won't work anyway. :D 8-)

tobydog

Post by tobydog » Sat May 12, 2018 8:15 am

How much of this is simply down to air pressure build up in the car when the boot lid comes down? With the doors or windows open does the boot close more easily? I do have the same problem by the way.
Ordered March 20, 2017: 1.4TSI Xcellence manual in Rodium Grey. Extras - heated screen, SEAT Sound / Spare Wheel. Delivered and picked up on June 22, 2017 :D

Flipmot

Post by Flipmot » Sun May 13, 2018 2:41 pm

Only had the car a few days and already driven off with boot open twice. Thought the rear camera wasn’t working at one point but was because boot not closed. Going to get dealer to look at it as sometimes takes 3 attempts to close it.
On Drive - Ateca Excellence 1.6 Tdi Rhodium Grey + heated windscreen :) Ordered - WK 9 Build - WK 13 Delivery 11th May - Wing mirror scratched while parked (and folded) 13th May:-(

Andy4d

Post by Andy4d » Fri May 18, 2018 11:35 am

Popped back to dealer today and tried an other ateca they had and it's boot is easier to close. Mine is going back on thursday to be looked at (and get the annoying rattle in the roof fixed).
Ateca 1.6 TDi xcellence, Black magic.

Max Jaffa

Post by Max Jaffa » Fri May 18, 2018 2:39 pm

Same problem here: unless you give the boot a bit of muscle - or (better) making sure that you're applying a little downward pressure (fingertips does it) at the point of impact, you get a whirring noise and it doesn't engage properly.
If a door or window is slightly open there's no problem - not that that is a solution, more an observation...
1.4 TSI Xcellence, Bila white, 18" performance alloys

Billio

Post by Billio » Fri May 18, 2018 5:40 pm

Hi All,

Two things to remember when shutting a boot :-

Be mindful of your passengers' ear drums

Make sure you don't slam it too hard else it might break the glass

Happy motoring

Billio
Excellence 1.4 EcoTSI Rodium Grey, Spare Wheel and Double Floor with Pack 1. Ordered March 8th, picked up 30th June, and it's great.

cbcdesign1

Post by cbcdesign1 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:43 pm

My boot was also hard to close and it was nothing to do with any sort of air presure issue either.

The problem in my case was two fold:-

1. The assemblers at the Skoda factory didn't ensure the lip of the base trim around the locking mechanism in the boot was sitting underneath the seal as it should have been. It was on top of the seal instead!

2. The stops on each side of the boot lid were not adjusted properly either.

This is just poor assembly and a lack of proper quality control at factory level. Somebody fitting and adjusting Ateca boot lids needs a kick up the backside!
Seat Ateca 1.4EcoTSI Xcellence trim in Nevada white with VC, Park Assist, Advanced comfort and Driving Pack Plus2 and Seat Sound

Silvertouran

Post by Silvertouran » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:53 pm

NeoVector wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 3:33 pm
The Ateca bump stops do appear to be adjustable but you need to remove the plastic cover to expose the torx headed bolt underneath - I assume you can loosen the bolt to move the bump stop in or out as required before re tightening and refitting the cover.
Correct. Just pop the plastic cover off and move the stopper 1 or 2 clicks out. There’s a torx head on the screw but a 4mm allen key does the job. Mine now shuts brilliantly.

image.jpg

cbcdesign1

Post by cbcdesign1 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:58 pm

Mine closes brilliantly now too, we should not really have to do this though to be honest.
Seat Ateca 1.4EcoTSI Xcellence trim in Nevada white with VC, Park Assist, Advanced comfort and Driving Pack Plus2 and Seat Sound

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”