Missed Options

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Tiki-Taka

Re: Missed Options

Post by Tiki-Taka » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:43 pm

Thank you for all of your comments, many wise words that put me at ease, I have now agreed to cancel the order and receive my deposit back. Although a disappointing turn of events, I now feel in a better position to order my Ateca knowing that I haven’t “settled” for something not up to my expectations.

Having spent the last three months or so on the forum and the Spanish club Ateca forum, I feel in a good place and more knowledgable.

Communication from a dealer is so important and I guess there are many that lack in the post-sales stage of selling a car. I feel you have a better chance with a £25 item from a retailer than a £25k car!
Hopefully I will have a new signature shortly.... maybe with the word xcellence in it!
6th June 2018 : Ordered 1.4TSI Xcellence in Reflex Silver. ACC, double boot floor, space saver & heated screen.. now a MY19 1.5 TSI EVO
WK 36: conf. build.
WK 42: WLTP Tech Data
WK 45: original del est
Dec: Latest wild stab in the dark by SEAT UK

richardk82

Post by richardk82 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:45 pm

I would have another look at the options and prices, a few of those listed in your signature are standard in the se tech and above, like full led, nav with dab, and 18inch bi colour alloys.
SEAT Ateca SE Technology. Lava Blue with Convenience Pack, Park Assist, Space Saver Spare Wheel.

Tiki-Taka

Post by Tiki-Taka » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:55 pm

Ordered a car today, simplified the options by just upgrading to Xcellence Trim.

Gone for 1.4TSI so a long wait but hopefully it will be here in November.

This dealership was the best deal I could find on CarWow so touch wood!
6th June 2018 : Ordered 1.4TSI Xcellence in Reflex Silver. ACC, double boot floor, space saver & heated screen.. now a MY19 1.5 TSI EVO

Samsonite

Post by Samsonite » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:52 pm

Which dealership? Cheapest I could find on carwow was crewe seat. But anxious about my distance purchase as I am based in South East! And wondering what kind of service I may get for warrant locally if I have purchased from them.

Golfmk56

Post by Golfmk56 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:44 am

Tiki-Taka wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:55 pm
Ordered a car today, simplified the options by just upgrading to Xcellence Trim.

You did the same as me. Originally ordered an SE-T with convenience and headlights. It was only a few days after I realised the cost of those options wasn't that far off Xcellence which seems to give so much more for the small difference.

And when it comes time to sell, all those added options on lesser models are worth jack shit. Xcellence much better value for money IMO.

Golfmk56

Post by Golfmk56 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:47 am

Samsonite wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:52 pm
And wondering what kind of service I may get for warrant locally if I have purchased from them.
You're warranty will be with SEAT not the seller so not an issue. Where you could have an issue is your contract will be with the supplying dealer rather than SEAT, so in the event of say problems and you want to reject the car, you'd have to liase with the supplying dealer. (which is much easier face to face than via email, telephone).

Tiki-Taka

Post by Tiki-Taka » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:18 am

Golfmk56 wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:44 am
Tiki-Taka wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:55 pm

You did the same as me. Originally ordered an SE-T with convenience and headlights. It was only a few days after I realised the cost of those options wasn't that far off Xcellence which seems to give so much more for the small difference.

And when it comes time to sell, all those added options on lesser models are worth jack shit. Xcellence much better value for money IMO.
You are spot on, I thought I was on top of the configurator after several days of playing thinking that I could never afford/justify the top trim but with a few more weeks of simulation you 'work out' where the value is. If it all gets delivered through my new dealership then it will only be a few hundred pounds more and I'll have the Xcellence name with all the bells and whistles that I want!

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”