Any recommendations for French trip ?

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Gismo

Re: Any recommendations for French trip ?

Post by Gismo » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:43 pm

Also you must have two breathalysers in the car. They are hot on this. Easily purchased in Halfords or from AA but do make sure they are approved for France.
Ordered 07/07/18 - Excellence in Rodium Grey with Excellence Pack & Seat Sound

slowprop

Post by slowprop » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:42 pm

Paul.Cambs wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:01 pm
We are looking to go to France too, end of Aug time. Be the first proper trip for 'Samantha' so would be interested in where you are aiming for.

We are looking around Nimes to stop for a week and then head over to Northern Italy for a week but nothing is fixed as yet
Normandy. Sailing from Portsmouth to Cherbourg and where we are staying is only about 30 miles from the ferry. We will do some driving over there but I doubt we will cover big mileage. Last time we went to that area we came down from Calais. I'm quite looking forward to the longer ferry ride and less driving over there. I always enjoy the ferry. It always seems more of a part of the holiday somehow than slogging down the motorways.
1.4 TSI DSG SE technology, Nevada White, spare wheel.

slowprop

Post by slowprop » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:48 pm

Gismo wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:43 pm
Also you must have two breathalysers in the car. They are hot on this. Easily purchased in Halfords or from AA but do make sure they are approved for France.
Yep got those from last time. I did read something that in true French style they made this law, couldn't agree on a standard for the breathalysers and so although it's still law there is no penalty. I guess the Europeans tend to just ignore laws they don't like. Don't know if this is true or not but I've got them anyway along with the rest of the stuff you are supposed to have in the car.
I remember being in Italy about 20 years ago and remarking that almost nobody on motorbikes and scooters were wearing helmets. Apparently they were all supposed to just like here but hardly anyone bothered and the police just ignored it.
1.4 TSI DSG SE technology, Nevada White, spare wheel.

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”