Satnav map display

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Stuarto

Satnav map display

Post by Stuarto » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:14 pm

I have SEAT Navigation AS Europe 1 version loaded via SD card. The Satnav works well enough now I have got the hang of it. but have noticed that the map display does not show any minor roads, ie only shows the A and B classified roads. This seems odd as there are plenty of such minor roads especially in Devon!
I would be very interested to hear from other users on this. :?:
Ordered 4 August 2017, delivered 8 November 2017. Ateca 1.4 SE Tech DSG, velvet red metallic, winter pack, convenience pack, all round cameras.

Bedlam

Re: Satnav map display

Post by Bedlam » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:46 pm

Zoom in on the map using + or right hand button
Ateca 2.0 TDi Xcellence DSG 4Drive in Black, 19" Exclusive Wheels, Top View Camera, Park Assist, Virtual Tailgate Pedal, Heated Windscreen

neilcperks

Post by neilcperks » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:52 pm

Yes I noticed that the other day, as Bedlam said, minor roads only became visable when you zoomed in either manually or as you got closer on autozoom
Ateca FR 2.0 TSI DSG-auto 4Drive 190 PS 7-speed DSG-auto - Samoa Orange 19" Alloy Wheels

neilcperks

Post by neilcperks » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:56 pm

Is this a recent change as I never noticed it before I upgraded the maps to ver. 1030 ? or maybe I just never had reason to notice previously.
Ateca FR 2.0 TSI DSG-auto 4Drive 190 PS 7-speed DSG-auto - Samoa Orange 19" Alloy Wheels

Anteca

Post by Anteca » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:59 pm

neilcperks wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:56 pm
Is this a recent change as I never noticed it before I upgraded the maps to ver. 1030 ? or maybe I just never had reason to notice previously.
Neil, how did the upgrade go? Any tips for those like me who are worried about it failing?
Bila White 1.4 Xcellence with spare wheel.

davidkirk

Post by davidkirk » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:19 pm

Upgraded mine to 1030 using advice from this forum and don't have any problems. Was dead easy..

neilcperks

Post by neilcperks » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:09 pm

I was the same as you Anteca, reluctant to try in case it went wrong. However my maps were so out of date I had little to lose. As it turned out it couldn't have been easier or more straight forward, the main thing to do was to make sure you backup your original SD before reformatting it in case it goes wrong so you can reinstate it. I still keep this original backup even though I'm a couple of maps down the line, just in case. As I said I had no problem, the biggest hassle was downloading the huge 12+ GB file, took me ages. If you truly drop a clanger you can always safely reinstall the complete original backup.

As davidkirk says, just follow the very simple instructions and you cant go wrong.

Cheers

Anteca

Post by Anteca » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:30 am

neilcperks wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:09 pm
I was the same as you Anteca, reluctant to try in case it went wrong. However my maps were so out of date I had little to lose. As it turned out it couldn't have been easier or more straight forward, the main thing to do was to make sure you backup your original SD before reformatting it in case it goes wrong so you can reinstate it. I still keep this original backup even though I'm a couple of maps down the line, just in case. As I said I had no problem, the biggest hassle was downloading the huge 12+ GB file, took me ages. If you truly drop a clanger you can always safely reinstall the complete original backup.

As davidkirk says, just follow the very simple instructions and you cant go wrong.

Cheers
Many thanks for this - seen so many posts saying things went wrong I was put off. Will pluck up courage and try it. Soon. Honest...
Bila White 1.4 Xcellence with spare wheel.

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”