Stop Start

Faults and Technical chat for the Seat Ateca
welshmike03

Stop Start

Post by welshmike03 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:31 pm

So I picked up my Ateca today, it's 12 months old and I can't get the stop start to work. It says power consumption to high.

Any ideas on the issue?

Mike

Fred99

Re: Stop Start

Post by Fred99 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:46 pm

Some people have gone to great lengths to stop it working permanently!

It’s possible that the battery state is a bit low which could happen depending on your driving style and typical routines such as of lots of nighttime start stop driving. Lots of things went very odd when I managed to leave my parking lights on overnight!

You could try charging the battery to see if it helps.

At the moment mine rarely works but the ac is working hard as the temperature is about 35c most days and I like it at about 19c.

I would’nt miss it if it never works again. The 1.4tsi is so quiet on tickover most of the time you don’t notice whether it is on or off.
1.4TSI DSG Xcellence delivered 2/3/17 after 6 months wait. Brilliant Silver. 18" machined alloys. Park Assist. 360º cameras. Power boot. All driver assists. Alcantara. SEAT sound.

vaidu

Post by vaidu » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:47 pm

Wow, mine starts working after like 5min driving, when engine temperature reaches 90C. I hate it in rush hour, so I got used to turn it off every time :)
Desire Red FR 2.0 TSI 190 AG 4Drive Start&Stop DSG

welshmike03

Post by welshmike03 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:32 pm

Annoyed that I've only just picked up car and it's not working. Don't care if I use it or not.

Maxke

Post by Maxke » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:59 pm

You should be annoyed.

When you pick up a new car eveything should work perfectly. Just go back to the dealer and let them solve it .
(Skoda Octavia '13)
ordered 31/3/18 : ATECA 1.5 TSI FR Black Magic ,digital cockpit, sunroof,towbar,...
Builddate : week 45 ( not confirmed)
Delivery: hopefully end of november 18

vaidu

Post by vaidu » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:01 pm

Don't know if this is relevant anymore, but i remembered that you can check Stop-Start status in Car Status meniu.
It shows if Stop-Start is active, and if not it shows the reason. Example from my Ateca last day, when it was very hot and humid after rain:

IMG_5325.JPG

It disabled Stop-Start because air conditioning was needing to keep windows from fogging up.
Desire Red FR 2.0 TSI 190 AG 4Drive Start&Stop DSG

hunter

Post by hunter » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:23 pm

:roll: I was told by Seat that the stop/start will not operate under certain conditions.( this for diesels) e.g.

- If the air cond. is on and not reached its temperature set point.

- If the exhaust diesel particle incinerator is running. This can also increase the idle tick over RPM from the normal approx. 800rpm to 1000 rpm while it is in operation.

superstardeejay

Post by superstardeejay » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:32 am

there is a little fudge you can do to prevent stop-start working that involves altering the limits of the battery monitor so the ecu is fooled into disabling stop-start, it's done through the VAG-COM or similar. One of the symptoms is that it shows a false reason for not enabling stop-start such as trailer present, high energy consumption, low battery volts, whatever you choose to alter.
I wonder if the previous owner has altered a parameter because he didnt like stop-start. If you google it, it's on another forum.
2018 Seat Ateca Xcellence 4DRIVE Tdi 190

Return to “Faults & Technical”