Paint scratch repair

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Johng906

Paint scratch repair

Post by Johng906 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:42 pm

I've had my new ateca for just over a week. Just spotted a white mark on the passenger door about 6 in below the door handle. Turned out to be a door impact / key mark. Either a careless carpark neighbour or an ateca hater.

I have the rhodium grey paintwork. The mark is about 1 inch in height.

Question is, is this something I could address with touch up / chip paint online or is this a door respray?

Normally i wouldnt be too bothered, but the car is new. Any ideas on path forward?

Screenshot_20180712-224001_Messenger.jpg

20180712_184357.jpg

1.4 TSI FR, manual, rhodium grey, reverse camera, full link, KESSY

Samsonite

Re: Paint scratch repair

Post by Samsonite » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:52 am

That looks quiet deep, if you run your finger nail over it does it catch? If so in my opinion too deep to touch up! If not polish it first and see. Never tried one of these smart repair places they might be able to help but am sure others will jump in with thier experiences.

Nb: it's a bit of an odd pattern/shape for a simple door ding which in my experience is usually focused on a single point! I call foul play.

AlasdairMac

Re: Paint scratch repair

Post by AlasdairMac » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:20 pm

I’ve used my local Chipsaway franchisee a couple of times and they’ve done a first class job but even they might need to do a whole door respray. Worth getting a quote though. If you’ve got a protected no claim bonus it might be cheaper to claim and pay the excess.
Ateca 2.0 TDi 190 Xcellence DSG 4Drive Sunroof, Black.

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”