August Pricelist Update

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Matthijs82

Re: August Pricelist Update

Post by Matthijs82 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:54 am

Sop wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:55 am
In Romania we don't have the updates yet.
I think we will have more trims to chose from. Until now were only reference , style, fr, excellence.
All is due to WLTP. It is not Seat fault.
The trimlevels will probally stay.
But I think the options will come in certain packages.
07-06 ordered: Ateca 1.4 (1.5) TFSI DSG FR Business Intense + virtual cockpit
Production planned for week 42

cbcdesign1

Post by cbcdesign1 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:09 pm

I wouldn't buy one now either to be honest. I want to choose what options I have in my vehicle, not have them forced upon me with the excuse that new test requirements make it too difficult to cater for options choices other manufacturers still offer. I can see this putting a lot of people off buying Seat in the UK.

Sadly for a while now various UK branches of many car manufactures have behaved in a way that suggests they think we should not have the same choices EU dealerships offer their customers. But no options at all seems crazy and self defeating. Seat UK are right, it is an "easy" choice, I would not buy a Seat if I was in the market for a vehicle at this moment in time.
Last edited by cbcdesign1 on Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Seat Ateca 1.4EcoTSI Xcellence trim in Nevada white with VC, Park Assist, Advanced comfort and Driving Pack Plus2 and Seat Sound

jamesiow

Post by jamesiow » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:33 pm

cbcdesign1 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:09 pm
I wouldn't buy one now either to be honest. I want to choose what options I have in my vehicle, not have them forced upon me with the excuse that new test requirements make it too difficult to cater for options choices other manufacturers still offer. I can see this putting a lot of people off buying Seat in the UK.

Sadly for a while now various UK branches of many car manufactures have behaved in a way that suggests they think we should not have the same choices EU dealerships offer their customers. But no options at all seems crazy and self defeating. Seat UK are right, it is an "easy" choice, I would not buy a Seat if I was in the market for a vehicle at this moment in time.

I remember reading last year in the car press when Arona was launched SEAT's boss quoted as saying "long waiting times are unacceptable and offer such a wide range of options no longer makes business sense". Can see his point but it seems that the 2019 year model ATECA's I would take a long hard look at the KAROQ in terms of price vs options I want and probably I would choose the Skoda now....
ATECA SE 1.0 Technology, Petrol, Manual, Samoa Orange, Park Assist, Convenience Pack, Top view camera with rear view camera, Electric Tailgate with Virtual Pedal, Keyless Entry & Rear Sunblinds.

cbcdesign1

Post by cbcdesign1 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:38 pm

Seat Boss can say that but it was the lack of choice that put me off the Arona. It's cars he is selling, not a television, people want choice.
When I ordered my Ateca, the customer in front of me was complaining that he could not have the wheels he wanted, I understood how he felt and even the dealership sympathised but said these decisions were made by Seat UK and were out of his control, sadly.
Seat Ateca 1.4EcoTSI Xcellence trim in Nevada white with VC, Park Assist, Advanced comfort and Driving Pack Plus2 and Seat Sound

jamesiow

Post by jamesiow » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:44 pm

cbcdesign1 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:38 pm
Seat Boss can say that but it was the lack of choice that put me off the Arona. It's cars he is selling, not a television, people want choice.
When I ordered my Ateca, the customer in front of me was complaining that he could not have the wheels he wanted, I understood how he felt and even the dealership sympathised but said these decisions were made by Seat UK and were out of his control, sadly.

Could not agree with you more! just the same as they have attitude about Alcantara seats, while our continental or even Irish friends could happily order a ATECA with in before the FR came along.
ATECA SE 1.0 Technology, Petrol, Manual, Samoa Orange, Park Assist, Convenience Pack, Top view camera with rear view camera, Electric Tailgate with Virtual Pedal, Keyless Entry & Rear Sunblinds.

DavidP

Post by DavidP » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:18 pm

cbcdesign1 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:38 pm
I like the approach Porsche take. The sell basic models where the primary difference is the engine. Then they offer a very long list of options. You can therefore personalise your car as you see fit. I've been fortunate to own a few from new and have always gone for the least powerful engine but made the interior very luxurious. I could have gone the other way. Had a basic interior and a very powerful engine. It's interesting to note that despite the new test conditions starting in September Porsche have not moved away from this approach. If they can do it surely any car manufacturer can do it.
XCELLENCE 2.0 TDI 4Drive 150 Manual
Reflex Silver, Spare Wheel, SEAT Sound, Virtual Pedal, ACC
Delivered July 2017

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”