PCP Ateca / Damaged before Delivery

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Plucky

PCP Ateca / Damaged before Delivery

Post by Plucky » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:01 am

Morning all,

First time poster for me, so hi!

I have recently ordered a Ateca from "Stocked" cars, which was held in a hold yard. I have been informed by the dealer that it has been damaged ( i believe it is a Roof Bar) before arrange at the dealership.

I have also requested the following information.

1) I would like to have a photo of the damage before repair.
2) Details of location of the damage.
3) List of parts that was required to be ordered/replaced.
4) Company who will be carrying out the repair.
5) Costs of the repair / Invoice copy.

After this should i accepted a damage/repaired car on a PCP?

As it now requires parts to be ordered then repaired ( i believe it is a Roof Bar). Should i accepted after the repairs?

Is this a reasonable request?

Nikkijamie

Re: PCP Ateca / Damaged before Delivery

Post by Nikkijamie » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:18 am

Very reasonable request, provided everything will be covered under the warranty the same I.E paintwork or corrosion warranty I don’t see a problem other than have a new car that’s been damaged, but think this is more common than most of us think and down to your own personal preference
Ateca 1.4dsg excellence 150ps, Nevada white,tow bar,seat sound

Plucky

Post by Plucky » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:10 pm

Nikkijamie wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:18 am
Very reasonable request, provided everything will be covered under the warranty the same I.E paintwork or corrosion warranty I don’t see a problem other than have a new car that’s been damaged, but think this is more common than most of us think and down to your own personal preference
Thank you, has anyone else encounter anything like this?

Grahamn

Post by Grahamn » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:49 pm

A nearside door was already dinged, when I arrived to collect it from the dealer - no-one had spotted it until I checked the vehicle before entering the dealership. They got a smart dent repair guy they use to come in and sort it - afterwards, you would never know it had happened. Not exactly happy at the time, but if the PDI had picked it up, the same process would have been followed except I wouldn't be any the wiser!! Some token discount was given on accessories I'd ordered when I asked the question!

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”