qashqai vs ateca prices

All Seat Ateca related discussions
jaybmouth

qashqai vs ateca prices

Post by jaybmouth » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:12 pm

Hi all,

I've been looking at buying an Ateca in with Excellence or FR guise. I have test driven the Excellence and thought it was a great ride.

Looking at other options, I have considered the Qashqai but didn't enjoy the ride as much and generally was preferring the Ateca. This was also based on the list prices which had the QQ more expensive, something that was seemingly backed up by reviews and forums.

However, I'm finding the QQ significantly cheaper after discounts. I can get a 1.3 Dig T 160 N Connecta for about 19,800. The best deal for the Ateca Excellence or FR which seem more or less equivalent in terms of kit and engine is 22,500.

So now I'm stuck! I'm struggling to justify the extra 2,700 for the Ateca even though it was once pretty much a done deal . Any help here would be appreciated!

Cheers.

drhandley

Re: qashqai vs ateca prices

Post by drhandley » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:53 pm

Have you looked at the levels of depreciation the Ateca appears to hold its value better. I always try to look at the total cost to own the vehicle including depreciation servicing and running costs
Fleet news has a good tool where you can compare the link is https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/car-running ... calculator
It’s based on actual data from the fleets they run.
Good luck

Fred99

Post by Fred99 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:59 pm

jaybmouth wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:12 pm
So now I'm stuck! I'm struggling to justify the extra 2,700 for the Ateca even though it was once pretty much a done deal .
Put simply, the Ateca is a very much better car than the Qashqai, a fact reinforced by every review I have read over the past 2 years.

If I was buying again, the Nissan would have to be 5000 less than the SEAT for me to change my mind.
1.4TSI DSG Xcellence delivered 2/3/17 after 6 months wait. Brilliant Silver. 18" machined alloys. Park Assist. 360º cameras. Power boot. All driver assists. Alcantara. SEAT sound.

Rory

Post by Rory » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:43 pm

You haven't given list prices or amounts of discount, but we just got a £24,140 Ateca SE-L for £19750. I don't see why the same level of discount shouldn't be generally available.

How long are you planning to keep the car? Qashqais don't have a great reputation for reliability. We did just have a top-of-the range X-Trail - which thse days is just a slightly longer Qashqai - courtesy car for a couple of weeks and I have to say the kit on it, glass roof, leather seats, birds eye camera etc etc, was very neat.
Ateca SE-L 1.0TSi - Sept 18 - daughter's
Tiguan Match 2.0TDi 4Motion DSG - Sept 15 - wife's
Thinking about something with 7 seats to replace my old Mercedes C270CDi Estate

Golfmk56

Post by Golfmk56 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:00 pm

I tried to buy a Qashqai several years ago but we couldn't agree on a price. From a driving point of view I think the Qashqai is better in some areas - seems to cope better with rough or uneven roads, then again Ateca handles better - rarely do you get both in the same car.

I think the 'depreciation' game is false, as is any ref. by fleet buyer etc. are based on list prices. It's what sort of deal you can get that counts -- with so many discounts at present on both cars it's impossible to say what works out best value.

The only thing that put me off the Nissan at the time was the infotainment system which was dreadful in so many ways. I believe they may have improved sound on the newer models but I found using the system a pain. By contrast, the Ateca has one of the best std. systems on the market right now.

There's also more space in the SEAT - the Qashqai has a smaller boot.

I'd have been happy with either car at the time but all I can say is 1.5yr later on I'm very satisfied with the Ateca. Put it another way, I usually change cars on average every 2.5 - 3yr. At present, I can't see any reason why I'd change my Ateca indeed, I'm really struggling to think what I'd replace it with. It wouldn't be a Qashqai because that seems like a downgrade.

jaybmouth

Post by jaybmouth » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:51 pm

Rory wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:43 pm
You haven't given list prices or amounts of discount, but we just got a £24,140 Ateca SE-L for £19750. I don't see why the same level of discount shouldn't be generally
QQ list is 25,230. Can get for 19,800
Ateca list is 26,610, Can get for 22,500

Thanks for all your replies. Will probably still plump for the Ateca.

Wookiee

Post by Wookiee » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:39 pm

My wife has an Ateca Xcellence and I tend to get quite a few Qashqais as hire cars for work. There is literally no comparison, other than they are compact SUVs. Comfort, performance, drive, media, kit - everything is better on the Ateca.
(Wife's car) 2018 Xcellence 1.4TSi; Samoa Orange; heated screen; spacesaver; advanced driving pack; double floor

jaybmouth

Post by jaybmouth » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:53 am

The residuals on the Ateca at the moment seem amazing. I assume due to supply outstripping demand and there being a lack of 2nd hand cars on the market.

A 1.5 year old ateca 1.4 execellence with average mileage tens to go for over 21k. Some people must be breaking even on what it cost them to buy new.

It certainly puts me off leasing an Ateca at this point in time.

Rory

Post by Rory » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:53 pm

jaybmouth wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:53 am
A 1.5 year old ateca 1.4 execellence with average mileage tens to go for over 21k. Some people must be breaking even on what it cost them to buy new.
Are they selling for that? VAG cars generally seem to have nearly-new prices which can be equal to discounted new.

The dealer we used had a bunch on new Atecas available - various engine and trims. OK, you'd have to take "as is" - but that's the same with used too.
Ateca SE-L 1.0TSi - Sept 18 - daughter's
Tiguan Match 2.0TDi 4Motion DSG - Sept 15 - wife's
Thinking about something with 7 seats to replace my old Mercedes C270CDi Estate

Matthijs82

Post by Matthijs82 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:20 pm

My friend owns a QQ, Don't like it, car feels cheap, automatic transmission is horrible, infotainment not as easy.
I'll take the Ateca everytime over the QQ
07-06 ordered: Ateca 1.4 (1.5) TFSI DSG FR Business Intense + virtual cockpit
Production planned for week 42
Delivery 16-11

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”