Blooming thing won't go anywhere!

Faults and Technical chat for the Seat Ateca
Bobbytoad

Re: Blooming thing won't go anywhere!

Post by Bobbytoad » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:37 pm

Some positive early opinion following Skoda updates.
You’d think this would be sorted centrally at VW as opposed to leaving brands to resolve themselves
https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/4 ... ss-report/

Kevr84

Post by Kevr84 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:28 am

Our rejection has been accepted. Just waiting for the money to be returned.
Although a lot of phone calls and stress we didnt need, it was more straight forward than i expected

Paramop05

Re: Blooming thing won't go anywhere

Post by Paramop05 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:19 pm

Hi just back from another frustrating conversation with the dealership i bought my Ateca from Lookers in Middlesbrough,
Basically they have done all they can for me having been unable to replicate the issues that the car produces when I drive it there offer to me was to part exchange the car for price of £20,000 , £25,000 when bought in October good deal.
Prior to my visit to Lookers as Seat CustomerService said that I should get another seat dealership to give me a second opinion.
So of I go to Bristol Street motors In Darlington spoke to the service manager who took my vin number to check on there databases and confirmed my engine was one that was affected.

Hayden mills

Re: Blooming thing won't go anywhere

Post by Hayden mills » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:01 am

Paramop05 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:19 pm
Hi just back from another frustrating conversation with the dealership i bought my Ateca from Lookers in Middlesbrough,
Basically they have done all they can for me having been unable to replicate the issues that the car produces when I drive it there offer to me was to part exchange the car for price of £20,000 , £25,000 when bought in October good deal.
Prior to my visit to Lookers as Seat CustomerService said that I should get another seat dealership to give me a second opinion.
So of I go to Bristol Street motors In Darlington spoke to the service manager who took my vin number to check on there databases and confirmed my engine was one that was affected.
Just have to persist with them,

They try and fob you off at first hoping you will just ignore the issues

First time I took mine in before Xmas they said nothing was up then the second time once seat had realised the problem they said mine was affected,

So currently waiting on the finance to sort rejection or exchange out
Rejected--68 plate Ateca 1.5 Evo Manual
Xcellence Lux, Rhodium Grey

Paramop05

Post by Paramop05 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:25 pm

Hi did they have to do any testing of the car or Was it a case of your car is one that is effected and we have no fix for if yet?
After contacting Seat CustomerService on Friday and informed them of the information Bristol street motors gave me regarding my car being one that was affected he is contacting the dealership next week to book it for them to carry out tests for a second opinion.
If they can confirm the car is faulty (which it is)he is going to arrange a loan car, hopefully this will start the ball rolling to bring to an end this stressful last few months of the dealership not believe that there was a problem with my car which it has had from day one.

Hayden mills

Post by Hayden mills » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:57 am

Paramop05 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:25 pm
Hi did they have to do any testing of the car or Was it a case of your car is one that is effected and we have no fix for if yet?
After contacting Seat CustomerService on Friday and informed them of the information Bristol street motors gave me regarding my car being one that was affected he is contacting the dealership next week to book it for them to carry out tests for a second opinion.
If they can confirm the car is faulty (which it is)he is going to arrange a loan car, hopefully this will start the ball rolling to bring to an end this stressful last few months of the dealership not believe that there was a problem with my car which it has had from day one.
I had it booked in for an extensive road test after reporting it to seat UK but when I went to pick it up on the afternoon I said did you see the faults and they said no there was no need to take it out as we know there's a problem as they had a bulletin off Seat few days prior,

They would only supply a loan car if I wanted to wait for the 'fix said that seat have declared it safe to drive so not much they can do about loan cars
Rejected--68 plate Ateca 1.5 Evo Manual
Xcellence Lux, Rhodium Grey

Paramop05

Post by Paramop05 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:35 pm

Hi can anyone give me advice,my Ateca 1.5 manual is due to go into Bristol street motors on the 7th of May for them to carry out testing to try and confirm the issues that I have when driving on almost a daily basis.
This is another Seat dealership not the one I bought my car from this was an option Seat CustomerService have advised me to take as they are taking the word of the dealership that I purchased the car from that the car has no fault.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated from others that have been through this situation .
Thanks

JHS46

Post by JHS46 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:47 am

Hi, just had my Xcellence 1.5 TSI checked out at SMC Aldershot following a complaint to SEAT re the kangarooing and dead spot when pulling away, particularly in first and second gear. They are pretty sure that its a software issue, which has been well documented, and it seems that there will be a software patch released by SEAT in the first week in May. Just have to wait for a letter to arrange a date for it to be upgraded and, hopefully, that will do the trick. I've had the car since January, it was a pre-registered vehicle but with just 10 miles on the clock and to start with the issues were quite noticeable but as I've got the mileage up, and to some extent anticipated the issues and driven accordingly, it's not really been a problem. Just annoying that it's there. As for fuel consumption, pretty disappointing to start with, but now averaging around 40mph with mixed, mainly local, journeys and getting better as the miles pile up. SEAT customer services have been good so far, kept in touch and will be following up with SMC to make sure that the upgrade if done as soon as it's available and also want feedback once it's done. Just for info, the guy at SMC told me that the Skoda version of the patch had already been released but for some reason the SEAT version was delayed.

vectra

Post by vectra » Fri May 03, 2019 10:06 am

Just a heads up,
Was just reading on Briskoda forum on the Karoq 1.5.
Apparently a software patch has been released and it seems successful so far.

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/4 ... rt/?page=3

Paramop05

Post by Paramop05 » Wed May 08, 2019 12:34 pm

Just an update,
Had my car 1.5 Ateca petrol engine manual in to Bristol street motors Seat dealer Darlington for testing to confirm the issues the car has when driven.
The technician who drove my car was quiet open about the problem with the engine and said that they have customers experiencing the same issues .
After the test drive the car went into the workshop,later the garage gave me a printout of what they had done and I quote road tested to confirm customer complaint regarding the car Kangarooing when cold, flat spot in second gear, and stalling at junctions. ( the technical bit) carried out GFF no fault codes,checked TPI found 2050266/5 which states software update in progress do not attempt a repair.
With this information I contacted the general manager at Lookers Middlesbrough the dealership I bought the car from his brief reply was to say he had given his final decision on my case and will assist the ombudsman in due course with their enquiries should they get in touch.
Frustrating.

Return to “Faults & Technical”