Where is this part from?

All Seat Ateca related discussions
royabs

Where is this part from?

Post by royabs » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:38 pm

Hello all,

I picked up an Ateca SE L 1.0l in black a couple of months ago and really love it. The other day when I parked it, my neighbour noticed this metal part on the floor just underneath the vehicle by the rear passenger (driver side) seat.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/KzUH3KUdErfEeHsS6

Does anyone know what it is? It had some grease on it and looks fairly new so I assumed it was from vehicle. I know the fuel tank is underneath the rear passenger seats so perhaps it's from that?

Analoguekid

Re: Where is this part from?

Post by Analoguekid » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:58 pm

It's a bearing of some sort, if that has fallen off I'm not sure I would be driving the car until I knew where it fell from, if it has fallen from your car then something must have been loose for this to fall out, these are usually held in by a component or a large washer and nut, are you sure it's from your car?

matthab

Re: Where is this part from?

Post by matthab » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:34 pm

Analoguekid wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:58 pm
It's a bearing of some sort, if that has fallen off I'm not sure I would be driving the car until I knew where it fell from, if it has fallen from your car then something must have been loose for this to fall out, these are usually held in by a component or a large washer and nut, are you sure it's from your car?
I was going to say you sure its from your car? I would expect whatever its come off to be apparent.

Does it have any VAG markings/symbols/part numbers?
Seat Ateca 1.5tsi DSG Xcellence Lux Black Magic

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”